Eve Fun

I’ve added stuff to my post.

Yeah well I’m not talking about fights.
I’m talking about slaughtering people.

Those aren’t fights, of course.

Yes, most end up with me exploding but i don’t mind that so much. last entry on my KB was 4th Dec so not done it for a while, It would be nice to do something in a group rather than solo, hell even 2 people rather than solo would make a difference I think.

@Solecist_Project re-read your post, well that is an interesting take on things. I would not have thought of any of those options that you mentioned… well maybe Pochven, but not the other stuff.

For some reason most people I’ve come across are totally blind for all the social opportunities.
I haven’t yet figured out why that is, or why I lack it. Maybe it’s because I’m an opportunist,
which helps a lot with smelling and grabbing opportunities.

It goes as far as just randomly roaming around, entering a system,
catching the very first line and earning 50 million ISK within two minutes for answering it correctly.
This happened to me literally out of nowhere.

Some other time I saw drones on a gate. I saw the owner before, but he left. I collected the drones and contracted them to him. He found that so nice of me that he actually gave me ISK. This story isn’t about the ISK, though, but about the fact that there’s always some opportunity, one just has to notice them and act accordingly.

Or @Pix_Severus, who spread out “Pix Severus was here o/” cans all over highsec.
That’s how he gets to know new people, who will then read his blog and then turn into MTU Hunters like himself.

Isn’t that ■■■■■■■ amazing?

This stuff just happens, just like all the other stuff that just randomly happens and people never even consider it,
because they’re not open for a world of possibilities.

The best possible advice I can give you is:

Stop looking for opportunities …
… relax …
… and let them come to you instead.

You just need to take them.

2 Likes

Ohhhh thank you for tagging me instead of him! :heart::heart::heart:

:blush:

Hahahaha that makes my day.
I’m important now! :blush:

1 Like

oops, my bad, it’s normally the 1st name that appears as you type is the correct one.

1 Like

Nono it’s fine!

By the way, to add to the topic,
this is what he was talking about in regards to female characters!

Black Style Sol. - Imgur

:blush:

@ Solstice Projekt i have been reading Pix’s blog recently too, I did go on a little MTU hunting spree after that.

1 Like

Is that character an alt of yours. I have 6 other characters on my 2 accounts, 2 of which are female.

I found that being tied down was sucking the life out of me. I now lead a wholly nomadic lifestyle with no ‘hub’. Thanks to wormholes, I never know where I’m going to log off any particular night.

Sometimes I hang around in the same place for a few days if there’s a lot of activity, but never even entertain the idea of staying. I don’t play well with others anyway, so it suits me just fine.

1 Like

@Mortlake I’ve thought of something like that but whilst there are times when i want to do stuff alone, I think that I would like to do stuff with others too and be more social. What ship do you use for that Nomadic style, I would imagine it would have to be quite a jack-of-all-trades

Really? Nothing anymore. I sold everything bought from that PLEX and think about selling these chars in the basar … Or maybe I will just set them to rest and have a look in a year or two or ten. Since EVE denies to die and make place for some more modern and better version I just will take a look around and wait to see it die or take the money and invest it into something that might bring back the fun.
Just my 2 cents

While I have fun playing EvE, I’m not sure fun is the best word to describe the main reason I play it. For me it’s more about how much you may learn about human nature while playing EvE without incurring the RL risks that you would incur in order to learn the same in RL.

I’m not merely talking about enjoying the social aspects of the game, which are great. I’m talking about taking it a step further and learning as much as I can from that.

I pity the players that get ripped off one way or another by other players and then quit because of that without having learnt a thing about what happened to them.

They should be happy that happened to them in a game and not in RL. They should be grateful EvE gave them the opportunity to learn how the wrong assumptions they made led them to that situation and what they should have done differently. They could use the opportunity EvE gives them to learn to deal with those situations… But no, they choose to cry and whine and blame the game for their own stupidity instead…

2 Likes

apart from scamming what example do you have? scamming in eve i would like to think that any half sensible person would have more guard in real life and not be caught by the same things. no one is going to say give me £100 and ill give you £200 (or whatever currency you deal with).

Other things like, cornering a market etc I think involves some real life skills in that area to be succesful in, not many people in game like sharing knowledge like that, therefore someone no already in the know will struggle.

for me fun=enjoyment, no point playing a game if you dont enjoying it.

Ever since I first started playing this game in 2008, what I found to be fun for my gameplay experience was successfully completing various challenges and short term goals that I had set.

My very first goal was to max train every single skill related to piloting a T1 Frigate and to advance up in Agent level using that ship in completing Security missions within the bonus time limit. When asked, a lot of players said a T1 Frigate couldn’t complete high level Security missions but I was determined to do it. Took me about 9 months total to max train all skills related to that ship and by the end of that time I was completing level 3 Agent Security missions solo within the bonus time. And yes, my T1 Frigate was fit with T2 Rigs and Faction / Deadspace mods.

My second goal back in 2010 was to gain positive standings with all Empire Factions. Lot’s of players said it couldn’t be done but I was determined to do it. After spending 3 months researching various bits of casual references and incomplete info, I created the ‘Faction Standing Repair Plan’ and shared it with the Eve Online Community. To prove it could be done, I started working it and detailed my steps in the forums. Initially the goal was to just gain positive standings, then later it was raised to having over +5 standing, then later it was again raised to having over +7 standing. Eventually I reached +8 standing with the 4 main Factions and in the process had positive standings with all Empire Factions. Needless to say it was a long term work in progress. After that I then started working on another phase of that goal, gaining positive standings with all Factions. A few years ago while working on that I figured out there’s no way to become positive with all Factions, at least 2 of the Pirate Factions would have to remain negative. I could make them positive but then I’d have negative standings with Concord and since they control high sec systems, I decided it was better to keep positive standings with Concord.

Another goal I had at that time was to complete all Empire High Sec Cosmos Agents. It took a while but I completed that goal and also completed most of the Low Sec Cosmos Agents. All I have left to complete are the 2 top Cosmos Commanders (Amarr & Minmatar) located in Low Sec and then I’ll work on the Null Sec Cosmos Agents.

I’ve also set other goals and have completed them as well, such as turning a T2 Force Recon Rapier Cruiser into an ‘All In One’ Exploration ship. Another goal was to not lose my ship and survive for 2 weeks straight in Null Sec without docking. I actually played ‘Cat & Mouse’ with the Russians in the Great Wildlands and in the process learned a lot from that experience.

For the past year I’ve been working on another goal which is to collect all Apparel items. I’m not sure of the actual amount but I think the Data Base has at least 750 different Male & Female Apparel items (will have to double check that again), so far I’ve collected 562 Apparel items. Yes it’s cost a lot of time and money to do that but I use those items with my 11 characters to create different Eve Character Scenes. While it’s not really a viable aspect of Eve gameplay, it’s still Eve related and something that I enjoy doing.

3 Likes

@DeMichael_Crimson ive read about your faction standing repair plan and indeed have used bits of it myself.

My main indeed has postive standings with all 4 major factions
5.46 Amarr
5.19 Caldari
2.99 Minmatar
5.14 Gallente

I have done a lot of cosmos missions piecemeal too on my main, i fact I have probably screwed up being able to complete all of those, although could double back and check on all that (most of my alts are low SP, PI monkeys for when I used to live in Null).

So there have been various things that I have ticked off so to speak. although I was thinking of doing data centres, and they are goals, and good ones too. But it is all solo, and whilst solo is great for some things, it isnt for others.

For example I’d like to go and clear out unused POS from low sec, but need more than just me really to do that given the EHP of those things.

1 Like

Thanks, gratz on the standings and it’s good to hear that ‘The Plan’ has helped you, even though it’s over 10 years old it’s still as viable today as it was when I first created it.

It shouldn’t be too tough to clear out old POS’s in Low Sec space, should only take a few people to do it. Just have safe spots set up and keep a lookout on local, could also use cloaked ships for extra security.

Another goal I had set and completed a long time ago was to corner the market on Blood and Sansha Power Diagnostic Systems. I did that for about 4 months, bought all the Faction PDS mods from contracts at low price, sat on them for a while and then re-sold them at double the price. Due to making them scarce I had no problem selling the items and made a lot of ISK in the process.

Lastly all I can say is don’t quit, just take a break and keep an eye on game development. I don’t log into the game nearly as much as I use to do but I still keep this character subbed and training up skills. That basically keeps me informed about game changes and allows me to jump into the game with full access anytime I want.

3 Likes

Anything that might cause a significant unexpected asset loss would fall in this category. The countless threads about suicide ganking in these forums would be another typical example.

I mentioned what you may learn from the experience of that happening to you, but that was just a particular case. There is a lot you may learn from observing all the social interactions when that happens to others too.

You may learn a lot about human nature just by observing how different people deal with (or is unable to deal with) permanent unexpected asset losses in a game, or what they experience when they cause such losses to others, what drives them to want to do that, what do others think is what drives them to do that, etc. It’s all very interesting and fun too.

EvE allows for some things to happen in the game that are just not possible in other games or in RL. This causes some players to have a hard time understanding and appreciating the game, but at the same time also creates a lot of opportunities for social experimentation in a way that would simply not be possible in other games or in RL.

And would you think they would react accordingly and not give it much importance when it happens in game then? Or would you expect them to go mad and lose their mind just as if it had happened to them in RL? Because that’s one of the many things I’m talking about…

The thing here is, if you only look at the mere events that happen, you’re missing most of what makes EvE great and may easily end up finding the game boring and uninteresting. It’s the social interactions that sometimes happen during or as a result of those events that make EvE unique and are truly interesting and fun.

Right. Not saying otherwise. What I’m saying is, although I wouldn’t play EvE if I didn’t have fun with it, having fun is not the main reason I keep playing it.

pvp is fun
go shot someone

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.