Eve in 3d using Rift?

I like gaming in 3d. Is there a way to use my Rift to play in 3d, or is my only option to load up the old Nvidia driver that still supports 3dVision?

I assume by 3D you actually mean VR?

They are two very different technologies with very different end results, and no EVE Online doesn’t support VR, EVE Valkyrie and EVE Gunjack do, if you mean actual 3D then no i don’t think EVE has a setting for that either and its pretty much abandoned tech

1 Like

No I meant 3d. I was really hoping to not have to keep swapping drivers to watch movies and game in 3d. I was very disappointed when Nvidia stopped support for 3d vision.

1 Like

On my Rift, I used VirtualDesktop but the picture is not volumetric. Just looks like a huge movie theater screen; you can curve it around you.

3D without special glasses is awesome on my new3DSxl. I wish they would have continued developing that tech.

I don’t mind the glasses, I still have 2 pair. I’ve tried the virtual desktop, but it doesn’t seem to render any games in 3d.

Because the tech was mostly pointless, yes some spaces still use it but as far as mass adoption it just wasn’t worth supporting long term, if end users aren’t buying in to it there is no incentive for them to keep supporting it

I get that, but I really liked it.

And that sucks i guess, also need to remember it means you can’t upgrade your GPU because it will likely require newer drivers that will render the feature unusable anyway

Try https://www.vorpx.com/

That was years ago, maybe something’s changed - https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6ylyqq/eve_online_with_vorpx/

Awesome! I’m definitely going to check this out.
(After my brother is done checking out star wars squadrons vr in my flight sim rig)

you and about 10 other people.

I honestly don’t understand why we keep going through fazes of 3d. the tech isn’t the issue they could perfect it but 99% of the human population wouldn’t pay any extra over getting content in 2d after the novelty wears off.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.