Eve Industrialists: were we betrayed by station mechanics?

The only use I have for a Citadel in high sec is ore/ice compression. Everything else can be done at an NPC station…

4 Likes

…Because they provide bonuses to reprocessing and manufacturing, even if you are in an NPC station, and therefore get the most out of your reprocessing and manufacturing?

While youre content using an NPC station without getting it blown up, the majority are not.

Without wardecs, no it isn’t.

They still provide improved efficiency on NPC stations too.

oh your still alive. how about that.

1 Like

It’s better to view structures as an input rather than an asset. If you generate enough profit out a structure before it blows up, then you’re ahead.

1 Like

good industry people are supposed to make money to pay other dudes to defend their stuff
is called capitalism
i mean
jeff bezos dont take the night shift on any amazon warehouse
if you cant pew pew , and don’t have money you cant compete and probably should use npc station or other guys bases like everybody else

2 Likes

Trying to find a way to enjoy Eve…

Shooting other players is one way…

“A TRUE industrial corp” in a PVP game can only exist with arrangements to be made for its infrastructure to be defended. The corp itself might be capable of that. The alliance might be able to do so. There might be arrangements made for another alliance to defend it (such as a rental arrangement). Could have some friends or just hire mercenaries when necessary.

CCP isn’t listening unless you and hundreds of people like you stop paying them and stop buying PLEX.

The EVE community are largely a bunch of sadistic bastards who revel in your misery, so making your grievance known here is just an invitation for mockery.

Go alpha for a while. Play other games. If you have to log into EVE, don’t undock. Let CCP’s peak concurrent users numbers be absolutely meaningless.

If you’re not satisfied with the product for some reason, stop paying for it. Period.

3 Likes

no its not
eve community is one of the greatest i ever have the pleasure to participate in any game
they have a level o camaraderie unlike in any other game
the only requisite to join the community is to GET the game
if you are a alpha with 0 isk on account trying to make your way in new eden you will find plenty of people to help you
if you cry they will feast on your tears
this is the game ethos
you don’t get it , because of that you have misconception about the game and the community

2 Likes

The question should be asked!

Does the cost to build, fit and fuel your structure still leave you with enough profit?

A NPC structure with high standing will cost you nothing to reprocess, sure you don’t get player structure benefits.

Player structures have benefit, but unless you can generate enough isk to fuel it and make a profit, or have enough corp members to support it, there is little benefit to farming constantly to keep it running.

Excellent strategy. Meanwhile the people who are not too weak and incompetent to succeed at EVE will be grateful that you have removed your production from the market, driving higher prices for the stuff they build. And thankfully CCP seems to be listening to the people who are winning at EVE already, not the sad losers who whine and cry endlessly about how EVE is too difficult and success needs to be guaranteed for everyone.

1 Like

On t2 production I think yes not sure about t1. The margin on t1 where very tight when I used to do it

Do you remember when you didn’t need to have a structure in order to be put in jeopardy in the first place?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

2 Likes

Er… Yep.

The content is BLOWING IT UP…

–Friendly Gadget

1 Like

Abandoned Structures in High-Sec should not even need a War-Dec in order to be attacked !!!

1 Like

Bro you need to understand eve, I ran a 30 man indy corp we made 8b with 2 moons before patches. Yea we got war decc’ed. we lost stuff but we learned what to do. and npc station give the same buff reprocessing as a ath jsut by 1% less. and if you want structure so much join a corp or alliance and build up.
So you are calling it content structure bashing idiots who think pure indy work is the best content to kill in highsec.

2 Likes

It would be a lot fairer if the NPC powers automatically decommissioned these stations instead of handing them over to players to boost their kill boards.

1 Like

What is unfair about players cleaning up abandoned structures?

If you don’t want your structure to “boost” someone’s killboard, just decommission it when you don’t need it anymore. Otherwise, why not let other players be the janitors of New Eden, gambling their time for a jackpot loot drop? This creates content for players, gets people out in space interacting, and beautifies space by removing these depressing abandoned structures cluttering up things.

I’m not sure what your issue is. This does nothing to make active structures weaker or less useful. If anything, it might make your active structure a less appealing target for someone looking to knock over a structure. Your active structure has asset safety, a bunch of timers, and the loot drops will be modest, while that other guy’s abandoned station could drop billions!

2 Likes