EVE is a living dead. Here's why and how to fix this

HELP HELP IM BEING REPRESSED!!!

Any minute now…

*Actually getting rid of some of the magic 14 could help with this, these skills are important for sure but now the game is a bit older all they really do is create arguably an unnecessary divide.
*I feel you here, kind of make space more like space; actual exploration and so on.
*Moon decay… hmm… unsure as fracking an entire moon would take (probably) centuries but variable hotspots would be good - kind of like it is now but worse (less minerals and/or different kinds) and better results (sometimes you just hit a sweet spot)
*uhm… caps are caps, personally i’d argue that more range and more fatigue would be better than waht we have (short range less fatigue) admitedly moving your caps is an issue (lets face it its a ballache) but that would kind of be the point that the range would help with and no one wants to hotdrop dumb ■■■■ if your fatigue is bs… no, its not a perfect result. Carriers im sure do have their place but mostly they just seem like cheap supers. Capitals are a hell if a balancing act that likely need to be re thought and redrawn.
*in game political system… or ingame political minigame for budding station commanders? I mean sounds like something for the role players but how would you make it interesting enough whilst not actually affecting the eveconomy too much?
I have some thoughts on that but to be frank as i have no knowledge on how to make a game it would be a long winded write up of something not going to happen.

o7

1 Like

so there is other people actively preventing them from logging in and playing the game? or do you just have a different definition of “trying”?
being ganked is part of the game, you consent to pvp the moment you undock. if you don’t like that then there is always games like WoW where you can be a mindless baby, safe and protected from any and all player interaction if you so choose.

because it’s not CONCORDs job to protect anyone. and it’s very well established that new players who had meaningful player to player interaction (that includes being ganked) are far more likely to keep playing the game than players who don’t.

the community is actually one of the best in the video game world, imho. the only ones complaining are whiney cry babies who refuse to adapt to the realities of EVE.

you don’t want to get ganked? pay attention and be smart about what you’re doing.
you want your own space? fight for it and prepare to get knocked on your arse.
you want your own empire? grow some balls and put in the work.

4 Likes

exactly - you are used to being spoon fed contend and you refuse to make your own way in a sandbox game.

4 Likes

indeed, a very impressive achievement, worthy of a visit to the Jovian systems (which happened) and a statue :smiley:

I think the statue might be a bit much.

You cant fight with owerwhelming power which is costs nothing to smash you. They have more ships, more skills, more players, more isk.
Only you cross their road - you’re done.

Current powerblocks formed a long time ago and now they are invincible for external actions. They take most valueable places and sit there. And leftovers to the rest (newcomers, small independent corps/ally)
If you one of them and have some valueable stuff - they come for it.
So as i say - with current state of the game you have only 2 ways - join as pet or sit in hi-sec

What continues to surprise me is that people are actually interested in joining these groups.

1 Like

So you are saying that your only two options in EVE are to either take down the Imperium or become passive and don’t do anything at all?

Im sure EvE is like the experiment…

we have cookies… and Disney Land

The cookies are a lie.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.