EVE Lore FAQ & Lore Resources Megathread

Following others’ lead here, @ISD_Starsweaver: is there a possibility that the larger lore articles could have hashmarks or something added to the headers, so we could link to a particular portion of the article? Just a small QoL thing and time saver.

Does anyone know how players can make contact with IC NPCs?
https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/topic/179775/
This list is possibly no longer accurate I’m guessing?
I’ve sent an ingame IC mail to Abja Etbald, but I don’t actually know if that character is even active/available/controlled by CCP anymore, so is there another way to get in contact with ingame NPCs?
Cheers.

2 Likes

That list is outdeated, and there are currently no official ways to contact NPCs IC. The characters still exist but it is unclear if devs receive any kind of a ping when you mail them (my guess is no).

CCP Delegate Zero (the lore dev, basically) hangs around on the RiP Discord https://discord.gg/fUJRaAf and you can send him DMs notifying him of a mail you sent ingame, and public letters on the Intergalactic Summit can be an alternative too.

The lore / NPC actor team these days is basically that one guy though and there’s tens of thousands of players in EVE… so while you sometimes get a response, there is absolutely no guarantee that you will, ever.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s awesome! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for sharing!

Some minor edits done, also added a few new player compiled info dumps. If you have any Caldari related lore compilations, those would be greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

Hmm. Timeglider has apparently died sometime in 2020. Which is a massive ■■■■■■■ bummer not just for all of us but the person who maintained it. Anyone know if there is anything of the sort elsewhere?

2 Likes

Backstage lore wiki has been borked for several months now, so updated with a new resource that holds the same copy. Did not go through all the links however, so there still might be broken links to the old site.

2 Likes

Hi Teinyhr,

This wouldn’t be an issue if CCP had maintained Evelopedia instead of trying to use 3rd party sites as official resource. Yes, most 3rd party sites are a great resource for info, however just can’t fully rely on them to stay active.

Anyway, thank you very much for posting this thread and maintaining it over the years.

o7

3 Likes

Thank you, and you’re very welcome.

It is vexing to see good services go down, like Timeglider recently, but I reckon that’s just the nature of the internet itself.

1 Like

I’m trying to look for some lore, was hoping you guys here could help me.

There used to be a good amount of stuff written about Black Rise, specifically how it was found, colonized and the initial battles between the Federation and the State over it. It said at one point that the Feds took over most of it, but the State struck back and in their retreat, the Federal troops destroyed as much infrastructure and stuff as they could, scorched ground like.

Anyone have that bit by chance? I haven’t been able to find it for years.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160226175853/https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Black_Rise

archive of the old wiki article on black rise. Seems like it has what you’re remembering.

2 Likes

Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a bunch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated the new lore resource to the main post, and did minor broken link fixing.

3 Likes

Further fixing, small rewrites and changing links to the new source and working websites where possible.
Do give a holler if you noticed something I missed.

Note: Khadrea is still linked from Backstory/Community section as I could not locate it on the new site.

3 Likes

Are there any details on skyball somewhere aside from sole mention of the word in World on Fire? I believe I stumbled on some at one point, but can’t remember where and I don’t even know what category of sources to dig for that.

So I have a lore question, Does Vitoc effect capsuleers??? I’ve heard Deathglow does not and at most Vitoc would be a minor inconvenience if it did as to the infected capsuleer would just jump into a new clone body. But if kept outside of their pod could Slavers force Capsuleers to do their bidding?

SInce backup mindscans exist, a capsuleer could in any given situation at least theoretically kill themselves and be revived from a backup.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

this should be the right place to post this, but let me know if otherwise.

I just wanted to share my new creation (work in progress):

The EVE Universe Lorecast:
The EVE Universe Lorecast | RSS.com

I am very new at this, so feel free to feedback me with any advice.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I was browsing a scientific paper on capsule construction. When I’ve reached engineering systems section I was stunned by very low reactor power output 1.15 mW (1.15 mJ/s) which charges 125GJ capacitor storage.
If I remember correctly the formula the capacitor would charge for ~3 446 716 519 974,4 years at that power input. Am I wrong?

However that rating is restated further in the paper. That’s astonishing…

@CCP_Delegate_Zero would you care to comment on the capsule reactor power output?

My capsule specs show much higher power output of 1.2MW (1.2 Megawatts instead of 1.15 milliwatts)