EVE Museum updates ⭐ last dividends paid!

Would like to buy ashare or 2

I haven’t sold any new shares for a long time, but maybe it’s time to allow people to buy and sell shares more freely going forward.

I am going to cook up some rule changes and then there will be a shareholder vote about it. Watch this space.

Why thank you.

Wish there was an eve stock market might have to make one lol

Dear shareholders,
there are now 2 shareholder votes open. These will change the museum ruleset for more flexibility and double the number of shares.

The new rules added are:
6 ) Shares: as of July 2021, shares are increased to 20,000 shares. 10,000 shares must remain in the museum at all times.
7 ) Shareholders can buy and sell shares to the museum fluidly, at a price of 50 million ISK each.
8 ) Fixed dividends are paid out each month, as of July 2021 they are 0.5 %.

The full (old) ruleset is here.

Vote yes to both suggestions to approve this more flexible share model, where shares are always for sale.
The vote will be up for 8 days - I personally voted YES with 1 share vote.

Before I vote, I have a couple questions about the new rules:

6 ) Shares: as of July 2021, shares are increased to 20,000 shares. 10,000 shares must remain in the museum at all times.

Is this a stock split, is EVE Museum raising additional capital, or are those simply going to be treasury shares?

7 ) Shareholders can buy and sell shares to the museum fluidly, at a price of 50 million ISK each.

This would basically make the shares to be bonds/loans at that point, right? If you buy/sell at a preset value instead of based on the assets/earnings of EVE Museum, and if dividends become fixed dividends, that’s more of a bond (Flat ISK amount) and a Coupon (0.5%) instead of shares and dividends.

8 ) Fixed dividends are paid out each month, as of July 2021 they are 0.5 %.

0.5% of what exactly? Of the face value of the new shares/bonds (50m ISK), which would be 250k per share per month, or 0.5% of whatever profit EVE Museum has made during the previous month/year/whatever time frame is used to determine this?

Vote yes to both suggestions to approve this more flexible share model, where shares are always for sale.

How are shares always for sale if there is a maximum of 20,000 share with 10,000 remining with the museum at all times? What if the museum only has 10,000 at one point and someone wants to buy? Will you just create additional shares at that point?

Thank you for the interest! Let me see if I can answer:

I don’t expect any major capital coming from this, but I aim for people to able to buy shares at any time they want, which was not the case in the years before.

You can say that they are, as the dividends have been at some fixed value for many years.

The museum has not dealt in any day-to-day business for many years, which is why the dividends have remained fixed. Profit comes from my main Cista2 and is donated to the museum.
You can however say that the museum has had the business of “buying artefacts for other people’s money”, and when these artefacts increase their value, that is even a sound business model for everybody (even if artefacts are not resold).

That would require a shareholder vote. I cannot say if it is something I would want at that point. The museum has run with the current number of shares for 6 years I think.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I have votes YES with 69 shares and would like to express my interest in acquiring a couple more if/when the vote has passed.

1 Like

Meanwhile, dividends have been paid out for the existing shares.

EDIT: the two votes rode through each with 100 % approval.
Shares have been created, and I will make an update shortly.

1 Like

The opening post here has been updated and condensated.

Going forward, shares are now available to buy and sell at any time you wish.
(I may refrain from selling shares in the last days of the month if I sense that the system is abused)

Share status at the start of this new “era”:
16778 shares are in the possession of the Museum.
Remaining c. 3300 shares are with around 40 individual shareholders. The biggest shareholder has 1100 shares.

1 Like

How can i buy shares? Send ISK to you or write here how much shares i want?

Yes, sorry, I added that to the top post now:

“To buy shares, post here, and send the allotted money to CistaCista. I will then send the shares directly to the character that has posted.
Never return shares to me without prior conversation.”

I will buy 20 shares

I’ll take 50 shares.

20 shares have been sent to Nihal Austrene.
50 shares have been sent to Anataine Deva.
Enjoy!

1 Like

I’d like to buy 5 shares please so as to be a small part of your project. Money sent. I also sent an in-game mail regarding a possible donation to the museum.

Dividends have been paid out after the new system for the first time.

Enjoy! (check that you got the expected amount)

Expected Payout: 17,250,000.00 ISK
Received: 17,164,179.10 ISK

I don’t really care too much about the slight deviation but since you asked to check if we got the exact amount I thought I’d bring it up.

Furthermore, I would like to purchase an additional 131 shares for a total of 6.55 billion ISK. Funds have just been transferred.

500,000,000 ISK sent for 10 shares

Oh, thank you! So apparently I had miscalculated the number of shares (this has to be done by hand for the 45 current shareholders).
The systems currently claims 20,133 shares in existence, instead of 20,000 which was the aim.
Some compensation has been sent out.

Also:
131 shares sent to Nero Farway.
10 shares sent to Ryan Baldur

Dividends were paid for September. And now for October, again with a little extra payment to compensate for number of shares in circulation.

2 Likes