Eve needs to switch to USA EST time zone America screw METRIC SYSTE

Literally USA is the biggest subscriber base of this game.

Seriously EST eastern time zone is the most populated demographic in the entire western civilized world.

Ccp Iceland freaking sold their rights like a deadbeat father so ACTUALLY TIMEZONE SHOULD HE KOREAN TIME ZONE.
But no one uses KOREAN time zone so screw that.

But yeah this Iceland crap time zone lost any credibility once ccp sold company.

So basically ■■■■ THE METRIC SYSTEM AND YOUR STRANGE TIME ZONE ■■■■.

USA EST!

2 Likes

Thank God Asia holds the future…
Population and civilization not always go hand in hand.

1 Like

CCP devs live and work on or around GMT (or whatever wrong name they have for it).

It would make no sense to change that to EST (traitor TZ to us Brits :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Let’s not forget where the hardware is located.

London, the one that’s not in Texas.

7 Likes

Strange time zone that it may be to you but the GMT (greenwich mean time) is the 0 time point. A very quick Google led me to this interesting bit of information.

In 1884 the Greenwich Meridian was recommended as the Prime Meridian of the World, at the International Meridian Conference.

There were two main reasons for this. The first was that the USA had already chosen Greenwich as the basis for its own national time zone system. The second was that in the late 19th century, 72% of the world’s commerce depended on sea-charts which used Greenwich as the Prime Meridian.

Also Iceland is in GMT. I am also going to point out that a large number of online games use GMT as well so it is not just EvE.

Corraidhin Farsaidh also has a very valid point not forgetting DT happens at Midday GMT.

4 Likes

The Metric System is just a theory…

1 Like

Ladies and gentlemen… The leftist-controlled American education system in its full glory.

You’re welcome.

I live in the US. And I don’t care about the time zone they use.

Have they published numbers for that? It always seemed to me that most players were European.

Ummm, obviously I’m not American so may be out of touch on this, but I thought the Republicans had control of both houses? Also I’d have thought Republican states would exert their influence over the state controlled elements of the education system?

1 Like

Not living in america or being american I don’t understand the educational system over their it seems if someone does not like a part of history it gets removed and destroyed. Things in the past happened lets not be ignorant we learn to not do things by learning from mistakes and from history.

Control isn’t relevant. That changes every 2-4 years. The education system in the US has methodically been injected with left-extremism for the last 50 years. You don’t replace teachers/professors every 2-4 years. Those are ~lifetime careers.

1 Like

Measuring in feet, stones, inches, yards and god knows what more retards is so advanced.

I’m more of a ‘cubits’ kind of guy.

1 Like

This is straying into RL politics so we’ll just agree to disagree on that.

1 Like

Agreed my bad

Mine really, I was genuinely curious as to those outside the US often see the way things work there as a bit bonkers.

The we look at our own and realize bonkers seems to be the norm.

Gentlefriends, please don’t derail this trollpost with discussions about real life politics.

I’ve just realised who the OP is, every post by them is like reading 50 Shades of Dumb.

5 Likes