EVE News – Website update

Yea, in all seriousness, this.

Vague, mysterious hints of wonderful things to come work if and only if you have a consistent track record of delivering after dropping such hints.

9 Likes

Tbf, I think Fleebix has a slightly better track record than some, but is still newer.

Fair, but in this I guess I take CCP and their mysterious smiles into coffees as an entity.

2 Likes

It is the new “Soon” to be honest.

2 Likes

:blue_square:

The new news site is as useless as it was on day one of its introduction. It does not list the new patch notes anywhere on the main page. It still lists the old 19.02 patch notes as Essential Posts. Just why is CCP so bad at such basic things?

2 Likes

Upper right hand corner, there’s a link to the patch notes list. It doesn’t link the proper devblog, but will bring you to the changes at least. Yada yada, bugger bugger humbug ‘its still bad design’ whatever else you want to say about it.

1 Like

I saw that. It’s really bad development quality if the most recent posts and articles are not on the main page and you only get to the most recent information by clicking through various menues or by trying some small tag buttons. But hey, this would be a really great opportunity for CCP’s new pointers. A pointer should show up on the website telling me that there are new patch notes hidden behind this small patch notes tag button, ideally with a red badge, too, to point out that there is 1 new patch notes post or update.

3 Likes

The header picture issue is still not fixed. :facepalm:

1 Like

This new News website is a fountain of coding fails that just keeps on giving. I just loaded the MER and opened a graph picture. Not just that the page still has no light box like any modern page done by a good developer (even the forum has a lightbox and Discourse is by no means a good developer), if you use Return to return to the MER article, the page doesn’t actually load and just presents you the following. You have to actually scroll up to reload the page again. :joy:

This scrolled down state is how the page lands me back after using Return to previous page. A tiny bit of scrolling up suddenly loads the pictures.

#CCPQualityCoding

1 Like

The quality of this news post header.

1 Like

Yo!

50 days.

(Love the lore content lately. But if I got a billion isk for every confused person I’ve told that yes indeed in-universe world news exist and where to find them during this sequence of live events, I’d be close to buying a titan. On the old prices anyway.)

3 Likes

I put a 3 month flag on Fleebix’s post 'cos I knew I would forget that they had forgotten about this.

:grin:

3 Likes

The newest news post. It’s amazing. This website crap scales the header picture with the browser window size. If I reduce the width of my browser window to half my screen resolution, the pic shows properly. This is hilariously badly implemented dynamic layout system.

2 Likes

I trust that you’ll keep poking me until this is solved :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s on my fixy-list now.

Yup, we’ll keep pestering heh. You know its because we care @CCP_Fleebix , or, most of us anyway. Also, more reminder about World News still being stuck three site iterations behind

2 Likes

@CCP_Fleebix , as is now seeming to become a poke ritual of sorts lol, reminder once more placed about game world news actually on the news site

2 Likes

o7 Lauralite, I’ve started to feel that these pokes are like a nice lunch meeting with an old friend.

Keep poking, it works. The kettle is a-brewing, though I make no promises on when the tea is ready…

5 Likes

I can confirm that tea, not coffee, is being prepared though please bear with us on the brewing process.

DZ

6 Likes

100 days and counting.

3 Likes

pokes @CCP_Fleebix

Here is your 3 MONTH reminder.

1 Like