EVE-O Preview v5.1.0 "Able Actor" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2021-05-08 ] + limited Linux support

Fake Edit: I had a big long post about a “bug” with window snapping here when I noticed that the snapping is delayed by just under a second. Whoops.

This thing is nifty as hell, I’m totally gonna spend all day tweaking it to fit my layout and preferences. Nice work!

Do you have a preferred method for posting feature requests/ideas on git? Or would you rather me shut up and let you do your own thing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have a problem with the thumbnails, If I try to change Chars by clicking on it, it isn’t working. Only if I use the Hotkey or Alt+Tab feature, but then my thumbnails are gone and I have to deselect/select “Previews always on top” to see them again.

Any Ideas how I can solve this issue?

Step 1. Check that your clients are running in one of Window modes, not in Fullscreen mode :wink:

Git is OK. Feedback and feature requests are more than welcome.

Even if I do not answer immediately (a bit busy with boring RL stuff) I still read all of them

Meh, I really hope to hear anything from CCP regarding EVE O Preview and their new Partnership program

1 Like

A follow-up (better late than never):

Seems something is not so good with Windows HDR implementation:

An attempt to render HDR content (preview) on SDK display kills DWM (Windows core feature used to render previews).
Core level bug I cannot do anything with.

Will update documentation file to cover this.

They are both on Fixed Window 3440x1440.

Is this Windows 7 or Windows 10?

I’m using Win10.

Is there anyway to get this to work with linux? Specifically Linux mint 20?>

I’ll issue a small patch to see if it can be fixed (cannot reproduce this locally)

Well, if you’d try the solution from the post above and then contacted me via in-game mail so we’ll try to get it fully working - that would be cool. I need a tester for trying EVE-O builds on a real Linux
I do not use Linux as a main system and won’t even try to run it in VM (rumors are that running EVE in a virtual machine can result in an account ban - so I do not want to check if this is true :wink: )

I like to use Windows Task View for multiple desktops, wish there was a setting to have EVE-O Preview on one desktop only.

1 Like

Just a quick Info for you, somehow I got it working. No Idea which change in Win10 was helping.
Amazing tool.

When I start the game + the evo client, the client appears to stay running but the windows disappear? From Eve O, even though it’s running?

Do you mean that preview window disappears from view?
Are you running multimonitor setup? See that it’s not covered by the EVE client.
Also check the window coordinates in the EVE-O Preview.json config file or temporarily close EVE-O, rename config and restart the program.

@Tonto_Auri All clients are on the same monitor. Nothing related appears on second monitor.
No they are not being covered
I’ve attempted to restart EveO several times, once closed and restarted (if the game is still running) Eve-O will not “re-appear”.
I will attempt to the delete the .json and restart Eve O, as I can not open the file anyway.

It IS covered. What is not covered is a mix of HDR and usual displays, yet this is a Windows10 issue.

Please double check that EVE clients are running in either Fixed Window or Windowed mode (ie not in Fullscreen mode)

1 Like

Quick question: Is it possible to display just a small part of the Eve client window in a preview window? For example if I have 5 alts and want to just zoom in and see their high slots in the previews is that doable? I’m not afraid to modify the cfg file I just don’t know if what I’m asking for is even possible.

Quick answer:

Part 4.1 is the answer

if it’s really bugging you, that snapping “bug” can be removed by going back to an earlier incarnation (albeit without alot of the bells and whistles) 1.18 i roll with because of that.

yup. there’s a ‘zoom’ option. i tend not to use it myself because i like my thumbnails all clumped together. But, for your purposes i’d suggest fiddling with the zoom option by enabling it - AND making sure your thumbnails are spread far enough apart that you don’t get annoyed trying to switch clients and zooming instead on another one you didn’t intend to cursor over.