EVE-O Preview v5.1.0 "Able Actor" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2021-05-08 ] + limited Linux support

Just asking when I try to download the folder it said there is a virus in it. What should I do about it?

Use a third party website, like virustotal, to cross-check.
File a false positive report with your AV support to make amends.

I must have missed it because i cant seem to find what your talking about. Help a brother out if you dont mind. Thanx

Check your eve-mail.

Hi there, I seem to be encountering an issue with client location tracking. My use case is a 4k monitor with 4 clients run in 1080p in the 4 corners of the screen. Sometimes eve-o correctly remembers the client position when I log in to the appropriate client and moves the window where itā€™s supposed to be. But sometimes it either leaves it in the top left corner or moves it to an intermediate position. Can you maybe detail when exact eve-o takes over the client location and memorizes it? Is it a cyclic check? If yes, how long do I have to leave a client in a certain position for eve-o to remember it?

Old post:

Awesome stuff! Thank you for fixing my issue of negative coord numbers for thumbnails!

Got a new one now. This is not a big deal by any means but now when I switch between clients with hotkeys the preview highlight border takes a long time to change to the active preview. Like I said itā€™s not a show stopper, it just makes it feel like Iā€™m lagging or something. The actual switching happens instantly for the clients. In the previous version the highlight border would change instantly when the key was pressed.

Anyway thank you so much for all you do!!!

For me everything runs splendid! Again, thanks to the creator!
I wonder if its possible to make a custom client hotkey to activate multiple screens in required order with one button click. I have several eve screens - window mode, that I overlap on top of each other to have more free dekstop space. I hope i explained this well.
Have a good day!

Yep. This is on the list of requested features already

Is there a way to lock the previews in place ? I have 8 clients I run 4 on the monitor and 4 behind that Iā€™m trying to switch too but when I click on one of the clients to pres something half the previews move around for all over the place .

Hey. It seems that you have the option General -> Unique layout for each EVE client enabled. Disable it and previews will use the same positions for all clients.

1 Like

I also have this exact issue, persistent through several versions of the application, default config & Windows re-install. Please let me know if you figure this out!

Can you please

1. Make sue you are running only one version of the program (i.e. you donā€™t have two copies in different directories).
  2. That the directory you are running it from is writable to you.
  3. Pastebin the config somewhere and post a link.

Clean Windows install, default config loaded and thumbnail size adjusted only. Directory is valid and fresh download of the application.

What of this was in my post?

Iā€™m sorry if that was un-clear? I only have one copy of the application, running in a valid directory with no write/permission issues. In terms of the config, as stated itā€™s the default config that ships with the application with the thumbail size adjusted. I purposefully left everything else as default whilst testing the other application versions before my OS re-install to avoid any user error on my part.

I hope this helps.

I purposefully donā€™t want to experiment or guess.
You have an issue with specific configuration, and Iā€™d like to take a look at it to see if thereā€™s any possible issues.

If you run your EVE on MacOS or Windows then you can safely ignore this post.

The Linux support is a bit rough, still it is better than none at all. So hereā€™s what you need to get it up and running, my dear Linux users:

1. Install .NET 4.8 via winetricks

2. Install this tool: wmctrl . This is a Linux tool, not Wine, so it needs to be installed via apt-get or other package manager you Linux uses

3. Install this EVE-O Preview build: Release EVE-O Preview 5.2.0 "Brainy Bonus" Ā· Phrynohyas/eve-o-preview Ā· GitHub

4. Start it once and close

5. Open its config file (ā€˜EVE-O Preview.jsonā€™) and edit there this line

ā€œWineCompatibilityModeā€: false,

to

ā€œWineCompatibilityModeā€: true,

1. Save the config file

2. Enjoy the life

Notes (important ones)

Several things wonā€™t work:

• Client switch hotkeys

• Client window position tracking

This is a PITA related to Wine sandbox limitations

Ant it might crash. In this case Iā€™ll need a crashlog

Sometimes it stops to work (cite: ā€˜it can work for 10 hours one day and wonā€™t start the next dayā€™). In that case I would need the config file and steps to reproduce.

Previews are updated once per second. Wine has no internals to actually make a real live preview like on Windows. Meh

1 Like

This is the case for Windows even.
You start it, the process runs, but no UI or tray icon appear.
No crash log. It just sits there.

There is an issue with unique window positioning where the JSON tries to put the first coordinate at 0 or lower which, upon next opening, will cause all windows to stack in original unmoved positions and upon trying to interact with them the app will crash. I have fixes this manually by going into the JSON and changing the value to 1 and saving which prevents the fault from happening again in future