EVE-O Preview v5.1.0 "Able Actor" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2021-05-08 ] + limited Linux support

Hey there,

I am using a Main Monitor with HDR. And i got a second one without HDR. I like to play on my main monitor with HDR and it works. But the preview windows on my second monitor show just black screen if i play on my Main monitor with HDR. If i put HDR off it works.
Will it show the preview window if i buy me a second monitor with HDR?

Anyone tstet this yet?

Yep. A known issue with HDR support in Windows.

I would knwo this as well. If someone has ever tested such setup then please let us know. I will add a remark to the EVE-O Preview docs

1 Like

I ordered a second HDR Monitor now. In a few days i will tell you if it works.

o/

1 Like

Great product man, I’ve been using it for over a year and just love it! Recently, with the new patch, I’ve noticed that my client windows that aren’t active aren’t “playing” like they used to. They’re just showing a still frame instead of playing what’s going on with their client. Is there a reason or fix for this? Thanks.

Hey mate,

Luferia is my alt.

I just received the new second HDR Monitor and can tell you that it works with both Monitors HDR enabled.
If i disable it at one of the monitors it goes black again. But with both monitors and HDR enabled it shows the correct windows on the second monitor.

YAY!

Cool.
So this means that Windows can’t pass window preview data over the HDR boundaries, however HDS → HDA works ok.
Thanks for the info.

Hey.
You need to disable the ‘Minimize inactive clients’ option.
Personally I did similar thing using NVIDI control panel. There is a setting that allows to set max FPS of inactive windows.

1 Like

Hello! Is there a way to customise a keybind that goes to the next client?

So instead of having a keybinds per client you simply press next to go through a list of active clients.

1 Like

Nope, there is no such keybind (yet)

2 Likes

Hey guys im using eve-o preview 4.01 can i update to the newest version without make new settings? Got 60 chars in different positions… dont want to to do this again :smiley:

Sure
EVE-O Preview does not write anything to Windows registry or some odd well-hidden places deep in the AppSettings folder.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Close EVE-O Preview if it is running

2. Create a copy of the folder where EVE-O Preview is installed (just in case)

3. Download new version

4. Unpack the downloaded file somewhere

5. Copy .exe file to the folder where you have EVE-O Preview installed

DONE

1 Like

Hi I think something is up with win 11. If I’m not on eve then i see my screens but They dont update and when i click one to go to eve they dont stay on top. yes always on top is checked. Do you want some sort of log?

Hey. Please double-check that you are not using the Fullscreen mode

2 Likes

TY My apologies. new laptop. Dont think ive ever NOT been in fullscreen until now. i went straight to win 11 being the issue.

Old 5.0 used to want to write to the json file on launch as it tried to reset them to the minimum size for no reason, as I’d set my json to read only once I’ve set them all perfectly in notepad (in case I nudge one) it crashed on launch every time, new version doesnt want to reset them for no reason and now works as intended.

If theres anyway you could include a tickbox to only open config as read only (so it doesnt error on close everytime) that would be appreciated, or maybe an X and Y coordinates page for each client/window so you can do the changes within the app itself manually without needing to edit the json and with more control than moving them wiht the mouse, otherwise eve preview is pretty perfect.

Kudos to you good folks!

I got my accounts banned for using eve-o-preview, no more info provided by ccp i personally will stop using it does anyone had the same problem?

eve-o will show a preview for all of my clients, except for one. i have tried restarting app and client, and uninstall / reinstall.

any tips?

Not realistically possible.

1 Like

derp. It be great if i changed the link in my video descriptions to point to 5.1.0 instead of 1.18

your current version has a typo… [grammar=nazi] heigth is spelled height[/grammar]

Need more info?
I had nothing else aside eve-o-preview and discord (the basic eve tools)