EVE-O Preview v5.1.0 "Able Actor" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2021-05-08 ] + limited Linux support

EVE-O Preview don’t have any code that could possibly affect control of your EVE client beyond window activation. Simple as that.
If you shared your account with “friends”, or let anybody have a hand at your controls when EVE client was active, blame them. Else I would suggest you review your account security.
This all assuming you are indeed innocent.

1 Like

I know that eve EVE-O Preview doesn’t control Eve clients and I’m the only one with access to these accounts I never shared an account, I already submitted a ticket but the team just respond with a copy-paste of the EULA.

At this point looks like they won’t do further research is more like a warning for all the people who uses EVE-O Preview

Hello there! GM x here.

I’m afraid that your account suspension will remain in place. This suspension is temporary and you will be able to access your account again in 3 days.

Regrettably the Player Experience team cannot sanction or otherwise authorize the use of specific third party programs of setups. I hope you understand that we cannot realistically do so given the multitude of programs, user cases and user setups that can emerge. There is also the fact that CCP Games has no direct control over the development of programs created by third parties; a program which complies with the EVE Online EULA today may be updated tomorrow with a feature which violates the EULA. Therefore the Player Experience team cannot make any direct statements concerning your particular inquiry.

In short, support is not provided beyond that listed in our official policies and public statements on the matter. Use of any third party tool is done entirely at the risk of the user and we cannot publish a comprehensive list of allowed and prohibited configurations.

I can point you to the following resources and statements on the use of third party programs. I hope this proves useful to you in determining if what you want to do is permitted by the EULA or not.

Third Party Policies

Statement on Multiboxing/Multiplexing

EULA

Terms of Service

I strongly advise you to refrain from using the program in question if there is still any uncertainty to the legitimacy of what you wish to do. I wish to stress the above point again: any use of third party tools is done entirely at your own risk and there may be severe repercussions, up to and including a permanent suspension of your account(s).

So ultimately I can only recommend that you do not use any sort of third party program which assists with EVE gameplay and/or changes the way the game is played. A good rule of thumb to keep in mind is that if you are inclined to ask then the activity in question is probably prohibited.

Given that this decision is final and there’s no more information I can add, I will proceed to close the ticket.

EVE-O Preview is a part of the EVE Partner program (de facto it is a list of tolerated 3rd party software)

So yes, sure, it is EVE-O Preview fault. Not RMT attempts or botting or attempts to run EVE client from within an virtual machine.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, I will add that to my ticket, EVE-O Preview is the only third-party software i ever used with eve online aside discord of course

is-boxer, bad

also, they frown on macrokeyboard use, and especially the gaming macropad out there on the market.

just because eve-o is allegedly the only 3rd party ‘software’ that you might be running, the ‘ban’ image you shared specified macro use. pretty damn sure you’ve got something shady going on the side that isn’t explicitly designed for eve online, like eve-o preview is.

there’s tonnes of “3rd party” keyboard macro hardware out there, plus like the OP mentioned, lots of ways to be sneaky with virtual machines, extraneous macro programs (hell, i disliked customers of an internet cafe advising me that using ‘macros’ for ultima online 20 years ago was totally cool and legit…so yeah, macros have been around a long lonnnng time. i’m sure there’s tonnes of software out there)

to anyone taking this guy at face value, here’s my rule of thumb: “read the eula” (it’s quite helpful. basically if you use anything to help you outside the official game software, pay attention to the line ccp uses when they mention, “beyond a reasonable gamer’s ability to make isk”)

bottom line is if you use any macrokeyboards make damn sure you’re not able to input a ridiculous amount of commands that a “reasonable” player couldn’t do, and ESPECIALLY if cough null sec combat anomaly botting cough you don’t abuse the game to get yourself rich quicker than the average bear.

just seeing mtus ganked in null sec on your killboard, Daryl was enough to raise at least one of my eyebrows a milimeter every time i spotted it for THIS account. who knows how many other accounts you’re plexxing.

personally, i used to use a macrokeyboard and loved it…but then someone on my youtube channel commented i need to learn how to use the ingame hotkeys…i hated those, but eventually came around to the idea. besides, now that i’m into actually using the hotkeys i no longer need to use a macrokeyboard

you might have clicked a setting by accident. there’s a couple of tabs in the settings for eve-o preview that will ‘block’ you seeing that particular thumbnail.

one of them is the “hide active window” the other is these check boxes for actually hiding a particular character’s thumbnail

I understand that is pretty common the macro/bot usage i usually form to hunt bots,but personally never used it, my setup is the most vanilla you can find, I use a OEM Dell keyboard and a mouse with 2 side buttons (to control the fighters ) using the in-game hotkeys that’s why was shocking, at this point and thanks to Phrynohyas Tig-Rah for the Eve partnership software i understand that is not related with eve o preview but is still weird and something i will keep following up with the support team

Going back with the MTU theme if you check my zkillboard i haven’t being gank in a ratting ship since 2017 (the time of the AFK VNI) because I’m always checking the intel channels
The only ratting ship i lost was a Paladin killed by an NPC dread (but that’s another story)
The bots we usually hunt had only losses in their zkill usually ishtars and were really easy to kill: my point is that is easy to find real bots I have no idea why I got banned in first place ant the support team didn’t share any info just keep saying the same

This decision is final and there’s no more information I can add, I will proceed to close the ticket.

I really hope that CPP team take a fraction of the time you took to check my zkillboard thank you

However this conversation deviated from the original topic of the post so will be the last one.

Imagine banning people for using eve-o when your game is dying.

In case anyone is wondering: EVE-O Preview works on Windows 11 as well

5 Likes

Is it possible to set separate preview window settings (size) for individual game windows.
There are two monitors: the first - 2K, the second - 1080p. The window size for the first one is fine, for the second one is too big.

Not yet

2 Likes

Is there a “optimal”-settings how to ?!

The answer is “how do you like it”, I presume.
The PDF details all the available settings quite thoroughly.

Hello all. I wanted to ask since I’m new to the game if I used this program to have a miner and a barge together at the same time would that be an issue? Looks like a great program but I don’t want to get in trouble either.

You could find the answer by reading first few posts of the topic.

This application is like an extended Alt + TAB
It does not not do anything that breaks the EVE policies.
Ant this app is a member of the EVE Partner program, so at this moment its use is tolerated by CCP

I downloaded the app and it was working great. Now every time I log in the app shuts off. It closes by itself.

It should put a crash log next to the .exe file. EVE-O Preview.log or something like that. Do you see that file?

1 Like

I have a slightly odd question. I would like to add a preview window, for my Pathfinder web page, treated the same as any eve client. I pop into it, check intel on the local wormholes, and go back to the eve’s. Would it be possible to allow us to specify other window titles, to treat as Eve Clients? Even discord would be nice to have readily available without ALT-tabbing.