Eve Online Astronomy Club

The velocity of a piece of ejecta is inversely proportional to its mass. Anything larger than a spec of dust failed to reach escape velocity and anything larger than a grain of sand didn’t even make to orbital velocity.

Evidence of dinosaur-killing asteroid impact found on the moon

Evidence of dinosaur-killing asteroid impact found on the moon | Space

With Chixculub most likely having caused the Earth’s magnetic core to align differently that allowed new life to be born on Earth, the core of Mars might be able to be reshaped in the same manner.

I envision circular ships capturing large asteroids from the Rings of Jupiter, rotating the asteroid along the x,y, and z axis so that at the moment of impact the axial rotation and speed would send shockwaves through Mars that might wake up the cores of Mars.

Now we won’t be here, but we will forever be remembered as giving life to another planet in our solar system.

No, it was the ocean became acidic and was not caused by the asteroid.

/ look it was due to too much dino dung just like right now there is too much cow dung.

One day our oceans will turn to acid again and that is why the dinosaurs died.

1 Like

(From the news piece)

…obtained the results by studying microscopic glass beads…

(emphasis mine)

As I said, the velocity of ejecta is inversely proportional to its mass. Smaller mass, higher velocity. Larger mass, smaller velocity.

So, no dino bones on the Moon. Not even dust motes from Earth. Just microscopic glass beads from molten rock ejected from the point of impact.

2 Likes

Glass Beads Reveal That Lunar Impacts Echo a History of Catastrophes Here on Earth.

Glass Beads Reveal That Lunar Impacts Echo a History of Catastrophes Here on Earth : ScienceAlert

Since China found the glass-beads, I’m certain China would withhold any knowledge of any biological material being found in the glass beads.

1 Like

This is the last active character of Ishtanchuk Fazmarai, who won EVE Online on March 2016. Yiole is mostly a sh¡tposter at LAGL thread but occasionally may ramble…

Says it all.

1 Like

I read the article you posted link for.
There’s a lot of “could” “might” and “if” in there, which tells me they don’t really know anything with any precision.
The article reads like big guesswork.

Why would China withhold scientific information from the rest of the world?

Biological matherial embedded in glass beads? That would be quite a thing, since organic matherial will just disintegrate into its atoms at the temperatures of molten glass, and the few mineral structures of biological origin tend to have the same melting point as the rock that was vaporized, ejected into space and eventually landed on the Moon as microscopic glass beads.

Really tough guess, and even then it would be quite a coincidence that a mineral structure from bacteria in the Cretacic era could be identified as such… I’m not even sure if that’s a thing at all, do bacteria fossils even exist…?

1 Like

China withheld data relating to the Covid-19 outbreak.

But that lab was operated by several other nations including France. And it isn’t 100% certain that the lab was at fault and isn’t 100% certain that COVID even came from that lab.

So China would withhold scientific discoveries from the Moon because COVID-19… Sounds more like a conspiracy theory than a thought-out reason.
But maybe you’re 100% correct. I’m not so bright after all.

But, is there a chance that some of the glass beads could have solidified fast enough to contain atoms and molecules of a biological nature? Not certain.

Some bacteria secrete iron-coated sheaths that sometimes fossilize . Others may bore into shells or rocks and form microscopic canals within the shell; such bacteria are referred to as endolithic, and their borings can be recognized all through the Phanerozoic.

Fossil Record of the Bacteria

If a bacteria is able to secrete an iron sheath, just image if a lifeform that split away from iron-sheath bacteria actually evolved into a sentient being, capable of secreting an iron-skin and would have the same or a vastly superior intellect than humans on Earth do.

My guess was that mainland blocked outgoing calls and locked the staff away as they didn’t know what was happening or how far the leak would spread.

Many poor families lost loved ones around the globe and it happened, so our future leaders know that good things also come from outbreaks.

Technology has to improve and funding is only given based on priority.

1 Like

If it actually came from that lab.

What good things ?

I would hope so. We shouldn’t fund just any crackpot’s ideas.