Eve online Eternal

I think it would just be a lot nicer to be able to buy the amount of isk that you want instead of having to buy something and rely on the market to be what it to be to sell it for what you want

Like another game that I play called Second Life

You think inflation is bad now, wait until CCP is literally injecting tens of billions of isk (per transaction) for official RMT.

There is a multitude of things I’d have different. Rather than pull teeth and spar with every player that opposes them I offer the opening post as an alternative and more based on what Trion is attempting.

1 Like

There is a reason for this, it is so they aren’t making in game money appear out of nowhere. This is definitely better for the economy.

Besides you are getting a whole lot of isk nowadays with selling a PLEX, it sure is higher than its ever been.

If you want more isk, perhaps you should complain PLEX sales should be tax exempt or something.

Or CCP could eliminate PLEX all together in an alternative universe.

1 Like

I’m patiently waiting for Ultima Online to go Free To Play in a few weeks, after that, I won’t even be visiting these EVE Online forums!!

EVE Online is a poorly planned, poorly designed, poorly developed, marketing failure!

It’ll probably be around for another 25years though, because the ICELAND economy is thriving on Suicide Ganking.

1 Like

It is an in between so players that want to just buy isk can and players that want to buy gametime with in game currency can.

The most current market is based off free to play games, this follows that model while allowing the company to profit and some players can “earn” their gametime instead of pay for it. If you have a different idea that follows all those criteria then great, but you have to look at the bigger picture and how it helps everyone.

That may not be the case based on what Eve could be in an alternative universe.
Citing what Eve is bears notability in only as much as what it can be elsewhere.

1 Like

You are expecting way to much from UO. I played it for many many many years and I have read their free to play model, which isn’t going to work.

I have talked to former UO players which aren’t going back because their model sucks and they never bothered to fix the real problem in their game to begin with (cheating). You will find it might explode at first but it will soon die as you cant revive a game with free to play if the fundamentals are still garbage.

Have fun with constant speed hacking by every pvper you find. A company that sells items offline for years that are obviously duped into existence. Also the new f2p rules which were horribly thought up.

Perhaps yet many attempts can lead to a success.

If CCP adopted the same strategy that Trion is using success however deemed success may be with in reach.
If those things were rectified would you stay and play?

1 Like

Trion and success don’t work in the same sentence.

That is unless you make it into something like. Trion successfully screwed over its customers to extort more money from them.

That has yet to be seen if the attempt works. I do agree Trion is trash but bringing back the old version could yield interesting and financial results.

1 Like

But what would that do to the economy.

When you sell a PLEX for ISK, then already existing ISK in the economy is just moved around from one player to the next.

Where would the directly purchased ISK come from?
We don’t really need another faucet, do we?

–Gadget tuns the taps

4 Likes

When you put it that way make kind of sense because you don’t want to cause a conomy to collapse or causes have a bubble then collapse hard I guess they’re trying to avoid being the US economy laughing

It wouldn’t matter outside of this universe. Another economy could be based and thrive on existing or non existing factors.

If what Trion is attempting works then all options are on the table for an alternative to this universe.

1 Like

I have played another MMO that is long lived just like Eve online. A lot of the player discussion these days are about a very similar idea. Its not a small sub section of the player base.

What they seem to want and ask for is a sub based only game of its first years without micro transactions beyond cosmetics. An updated game engine and other various aspects that were initially there at its launch.

I really see the F2P model sinking. There are few alternatives left if F2P is no longer viable.

1 Like

We’ve made jokes about an EvE progression server before, but they stay jokes for a few reasons.

I’ve played on two different EQ progression servers, and while they are fun in their own right, I don’t think that the nostalgic experience would apply very well to EvE.

First is the competitive aspect of EvE.

In EQ, there were a few players that were very competitive, but only in a limited way:
Who could complete the content quickest.
That’s it really. Everyone else was on the Old-School train ride from theme to theme.

It was fun in a nostalgic sort of way, but I should repeat that i played on a pair of progressive servers. My first run through was interesting because I got to see some old removed/ignored content that I missed since I didn’t start on day-one of EQ’s launch. The third run-through, I quit halfway through because it wasn’t fun anymore. I had rode all the rides until I was bored with them.

EvE doesn’t have that style of content that EQ does. It’s a different style of game, and while I wouldn’t mind seeing a few roll-backs of features (cough, cough, SP drugs, cough) I don’t see an EvE progressive server working.

I don’t really want to see the playerbase shattered to different servers. EvE’s uniqueness IS the single shard for the whole world (minus China because …China). I also like EvE because unlike EQ, levels don’t get in my way, and content hasn’t been removed, and while some of it may be beyond “optimal” it can still be done.

The progressive server idea isn’t applicable to EvE, because EvE’s content progression… is US, not some random expansion. WE can’t be recreated.

–Gadget progresses just fine

Bullcrap, the best log in numbers for Eve Online was back when CCP did big expansions that were filled with lot’s of game content.

1 Like

you probably have never read any of my other posts, but the short answer to your question is: “NO.”
Nothing could induce me to pay a subscription fee for EVE Online ever again. Progression server, Sub Only server, no f2p, no plex, whatever, its still CCP the company that doesn’t give a damn about the people it makes its money from and caters to a small vocal minority of Cyberbullies.

But, you know what? I think I first tried “RIFT” because of HULKAGEDDON.

1. I shouldn’t have referred to what Trion is doing as a “Vanilla” attempt. Though it may qualify in some senses I don’t know the full details,nor do I play it.
  2. I will refrain and abstain from it being considered a progression server. Though that may be the case It wasn’t what I suggested Eve be part of. Instead I chose precisely to refer to it as an alternative choice.
  3. Nostalgia may play a role for some it can’t and won’t be the case for new players.
  4. Eve isn’t EQ or Rift and any comparisons can rarely be associated with any effectiveness to elaborate in a discussion. If you haven’t noticed I haven’t made any myself other than in the most general of comparisons. That is intentional.
  5. What you want is kinda not relevant as to what or how the player base exist. Sorry to say that but its really what a business wants to be profitable.
  6. Yup not a progression server. No need to identify it as one since it may very well not be one in the case of Eve.

It could end being that this “Eve” will in past reference be called the “CareBear” server. With credulity because this player base does indeed have fear of loss. So much so that fights at nearly every level don’t happen unless one side thinks it can prevail. Just think about that for a moment and then recall what happens most of the time when a confrontation is eminent. In the most extreme cases the confrontations end in a non confrontation or the game mechanics are stressed to not be able to function. Basically exploited the server limits to win. The ultimate was having the server crash mysteriously before doom was at hand. So ya it does look like “CareBear” seems appropriate name. Even today the mechanics are set to be used for a slow advancement that can’t really be curtailed as long as one strategy is used. That strategy is founded on never being exposed to risk. Instead we see premeditated chaos with a determined outcome. Sounds alot like what a Care Bear would do. Don’t you agree?

I’m going to follow Trion’s attempt to see what happens.

I could see another Eve universe that is truly volatile. Something harsh enough to make you ■■■■ yourself every time you log on. Set in the time near its beginning where no one could assert supremacy. Not for months or years because the certainty and safety of this universe wouldn’t exist. That in no way means a player of any sort couldn’t exist. They all could and know what it means to do so. True meaning not some pseudo version of HTFU.

That’s abit extreme but I have no problem with it and would pay for it if the things I posted early on were nullified.

For years I read the bravado but I know better. Many who play are scared of loss. This thread isn’t about loss. If the idea is perceived as a personal loss then well honestly,the situation is created by the players not the game. I can’t help to smile at the irony with players touting how brutal it is and at the same time coveting assets. So which is it? Are you afraid of loss or are you afraid of gain with the possibility of loss? Proverbial you,Not you personally Gadget.

Ya I know. You just want to log on and do this and that and you can sustain loss. This is what I mean about disparity. A player/corp/alliance who can sustain up to trillions in losses doesn’t really endure loss. Not really,just a set back possibly taking days or months to reacquire. During the interim their members need to be coddled to keep them around because the conceptual status quo requires only a sentiment of loss all the while mandating cohesiveness. Why? Because deep down they are afraid to lose. This applies all the way up and down the food chain. Also in the throes of disparity so much is hoarded by now many adversary’s can’t be truly defeated. So much for the Harsh Eve advertised.

This is why an attempt like Trion is taking is worth a look at by CCP. An alternative universe not dependent on what we have here.

1 Like