EVE Online: Into The Abyss - General Feedback

PI or PP as it is known now. I have a major issue with it now taking up 80% of my screen height versus 6 lines. In a world where screen real estate is prime I think this is a poor choice. Perhaps allow a “compact” view?

Also, why can’t we export to planets from inside a citadel anymore? (changed several patches ago but I assumed it was a bug). Also seems like a poor change.

1 Like

Just want to add my two pence regarding the size of the PI window. Its nice an all but its ridiculously big and retardedly so when trying to work with other windows. Please give us back the original window, even if that’s just considered the “compact mode”. This new window is too big!

Other than that nice work.

1 Like

Yep, wait a few days. Nothing like waiting for the patch then it goes live just to wait more.

1 Like

Lame duck! don’t take my word for it, look at the player base. so quiet…WTB npc vender for filaments, paying hundreds of million in isk just to get into an abyss and get skunked. Now that’s what I call progression right into the ground!

3 Likes

Some nice PI improvements, but somewhere someone went batshit with the visuals as well as the UI/UX design challenge. Grrr.

2 Likes

Please unimprove the plantary production window. It’s freaking huge and pointless.

1 Like

Another bunch of “uniq advanced alien technology” blueprints, that require… industry level I to produce.
I’m dissapointed. Whoever is responsible for industry in CCP - he’s failing so hard… again.

1 Like

did you know the most recent update is preventing some of us from being able to log in as our clients never load and a little gear spins for all eternity? that or if we can click the play button the game will not launch?

3 Likes

Login servers/ESI seem totally borked all day. I can generally log in, but it usually takes ages (5+ minutes) to load in, channels take minutes to load, etc.

1 Like

Me too - had the same problems

1 Like

entropic disintegrator consume ammo ?, unlimited t1 charge bottles and limited t2 is better, consumed ammunition makes Triglavian ships useless in exploration

2 Likes

@CCP_Falcon great expansion guys, some responses seem angry for reasons i can’t understand, so i’ll leave u guys some quick feedback. :slight_smile:

I found my first 2 filaments in data sites within 10 minutes of scanning, maybe i was lucky but the droprates for my alliances region seemed alright, lots of ppl got filaments to get started.

The sites itself are working very well kundos for that. You might wanna overthink some balancing issues tho, there’s still triglavian battleship spawns happening in tier 3 and tier 4 sites, that simply kill whatever comes in in seconds. We’re talking 5-7 battleships here.
I’m assuming u want ppl to have a mwd fitted, as they track overheated afterburners at max transversal perfectly and nothing is able to tank them unless u get close enough, but that limitation on being able to only complete the site with an mwd isn’t healthy and will most likely get the player killed in another following pocket.

Other than that i have no issues. I like that drops aren’t frequent, so the items will keep their worth and abyssal exploration will have some value to it, i also like the risk ppl have to take. Just please fix the triglavian battleship spawns, cause they’re really too hard to counter and shouldn’t be happening in lower tier sites, especially not in tier 3s.

Thanks guys, awesome job. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Where do I buy Precursor Frigate Skill Book? What’s actual NPC price? Or is it a “drop” skill book?

1 Like

They are not seeded by NPC. These skill books come exclusively from Abyssal Space where you have to find them. Considering this I would wait a couple of days or weeks before you buy these skills because they will be ridiculously overpriced for their worth.

2 Likes

The one thing you needed to do to improve the PI experience, you totally neglected:

Introduce the ability to move an extractor control unit without dismantling it.

Clearly none of your Devs actually do ANY PI at all.

2 Likes

Don’t forget setting focus/an option to set focus to your launchpad. The fact that it still defaults to command center proves nobody involved actually does PI, because there is 0 reason to mess with your command center after the colony is built. It’s also highly unlikely your extractors will stay near the command center over time, so it leads to having to fish for your colonies every. single. time.

2 Likes

MMO wins again! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I haven’t even logged in or updated yet, RL always comes first… But just from reading the comments people are leaving.

Has everyone forgotten that CCP takes lovey small windows and UI/UX space and gives us MASSIVE HUGH WINDOWS, that do less than the original, all in the name of “we changed it because we can and have no real attachment to the game”

The Agent finder and other windows become the Agency. A crappier version of the windows it took - and it still hasn’t had any tweaks to it yet to make it better. This new PP window probably won’t get any love either for another 20 years.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I can understand the frustration about the rarity of filaments (having scanned for a couple of hours without success yesterday).

Now we have a supposedly cool new superfeature… not.

However, playing with the drop rates might cause balance issues. For example if the loot of any abyssal deadspace would always include one or more filaments, they are guaranteed to be devaluated since no one would need the extra supply from the Data sites after a while.

2 Suggestions:
A) increase filament drop rate for a short period of time so everyone can try out the abyss. Revert to normal after 2 weeks (pseudo live event for the expansion)

B) I was always wondering how the reimbursement of Faction structure modules and their blueprints will be handled (e.g. Dark Blood Medium Pulse Laser Battery). Since those are becoming obsolete and the BPCs were the former “special jackpot” loot in Data sites, will we get anything for those? Just setting the reprocess rate to 100% will not make a difference for faction parts and won’t help BPCs at all.
SO, can we maybe get filaments for those? If they are replaced by filaments on the loot tables, why not do the same in our hangars?
I know there will inevitably be an argument about how many for what, but… it could maybe solve two problems at once.

2 Likes

@CCP_Falcon is there an ETA to adding how much game time we have left to the character select screen? This has been talked about for awhile now. You all at CCP taketh things from us that are nice to have, thinking what you give us is better, speak about reapplying them again in a new way, and . . . . . . . . . . . nothing happens.

2 Likes