EVE Online: Into The Abyss - General Feedback

I finally got to running one of these pocket sites yesterday! I was totally impressed with the graphics, and the artwork. I got a bpc of some ammo and two items used in making the Triglavian ships. I used a Vedmak with a nice fit stolen from a legion… had type c adaptives and a type c med repper, ran the site like a boss… dual med cap batter and dual web, I have no problem what so ever. I did the calm firestorm. Will be back to do more for sure!

To the CCP guys and gals and devs and all you who worked on this update, way to go!

2 Likes

Not a lot of people remember to say good word when its due.I used to have huge issues with industry last patch, but after abyss pi has been a breeze, and industry does feel so much smooth and with less issues.Thank you peeps for the good work.

2 Likes

I feel your pain! That must’ve been disappointing on so many levels…

2 Likes

Due to RL workload I’m very much behind in the Abyssal space… you will laugh, but I took a rusty Helios yesterday and went out hacking. I found one tier 1 filament in first angel lowsec data site (I would like idea to reduce probability on null sec and high sec sites for this). Then I scanned 4 more without luck and eventually I spend my EVE late evening in relic sites which were plentiful. I did not do this for months and I loved it. Now I have 1 filament and I am excited to jump into the meat grinder in Abyss. Lol. I did some runs on SiSi before the expansion landed and I really liked it. Don’t make EVE walk in the park. So far very excited. Today’s evening is pub and night fleet for me, but I will take a vintage cruiser after that and just jump into the Abyss for giggles.
Cheers,

2 Likes

Can we have filament drops in all regions instead of only in goon+friend’s space plz? I have to travel all the way down there to farm them when I live up in syndicate which I searched 30 systems(a few times over 3-4 hours) for without a single drop.

(very frustrating when content is bias towards only certain player groups, everyone in syndicate always get the shitty end of the stick (most systems are devoid of sig’s 90% of the time))

1 Like

Gameplay:
Ships will now be unable to activate Factional Warfare capture site acceleration gates if they have a warp core stabilizer fit.

This was never an issue with FW… A bigger issue [is] those that aren’t in FW having access to the sites.

Now, that you have made a “module restriction”, you should add the parameter that a player has to be in FW.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you know but if a neutral shoots a faction warefare target that neutral looses a lot! of faction standings I lost about 2 gallente standing’s in a week to the point where im getting shot in gallente high sec now.

Also warp core stab pilots are a problem, but this solution wont do anything they will bring a mobile depo and just refit in site -_-.

1 Like

So, can you fly any ships into Abyssal deadspace? Or just a certain class (Frigate, Battleship, ect.)?

My point, is that I didn’t make a character for FW to shoot anyone that comes into the site; I made it to shoot those that are in FW(those being my enemy[Caldari]).

Only T1, T2, and faction cruisers. No T3’s allowed.

1 Like

OK, my impression of the Abyssal content has improved now that I’ve gotten past the awful 8-10 hour grind of finding my first filament in data sites. Also, I was able to find a second within about two hours of the first by sticking to that same region (Minmatar highsec space).

Heeding the example of some others who turned a single filament into many, I’ve carefully grown those first two filaments into many more by just running F1 sites. My first ship was a T2-fit Maller that lasted until my third trip into an F1 pocket (yes, I like to fly cheap when possible). I took the lessons I learned from that and opted to go for an HAC next; I didn’t see much point in messing around with navy/pirate ships due to their lower resists.

My HAC options are not as good as some others have. A large chunk of my skills are in drones and missiles, but I’m reading that those have issues as one tries to move into higher-level Abyssal pockets. I settled on a Zealot as my strongest turret skills are in lasers, and with 7 low slots combined with T2 resists one has lots of armor tanking options.

I’ve gone through about 10 F1 pockets now in the Zealot with mostly T2 fittings plus a faction afterburner now. It’s held up fine, but I can see where I’m using more time than other folks have reported. I’m pretty sure the latter are using some blingy-er fits than I am, but I also expect that they are closer to max skills in key areas than I am. I’ll start giving F2 pockets a try before long, but I’m not in a hurry since I’m still gathering data on the variety of encounters generated at the current level and seeing where that stresses my ship fit.

My max non-overheated dps with lasers is about 560, and with boosters and some cheap implants I’m getting almost 700 m/s non-overheated on the AB. I’m hoping that will be enough to take on an F2, but I have significant doubts about F3 from what I’ve read so far. I only do electrical and plasma sites due to the lasers.

The loot at the F1 level has turned out to be OK actually, but a lot of that is because there is still high demand for F1 and F2 filaments. I’m sure a lot of that is coming from folks needing to swap the filaments they get from the Abyssal pockets for ones better suited to their ship fit. The best loot I’ve found so far is two skillbooks for the Vedmak cruiser.

I doubt that much of the above is very interesting to those running F3-F5 pockets now, but some of us are still working our way up to that and may be a bit more cautious like I am. Not all of us have spent the past month testing on Sisi. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I understand the technical limitations tied to deployment of depots in abyssal space, however it seems ship refitting capability should be added to the pylons already in the site. Maybe fuel them with zero point condensate from your hold to activate the sma.

2 Likes

I’ve got multiple PI planets where the extractors are showing ‘not routed’ even though the route exists and seems to be working. This persists even if I delete and recreate the route. I even have “routed” and “not routed” entries for the product (with different amounts) in the Products tab.

Has anyone else encountered this or found a workaround? Are we supposed to decommision and reinstall the extractors post patch?

1 Like

It DOES seem that way, doesn’t it? But I doubt it somehow. I’ve searched at least 30 data sites in Gallente high sec with nothing to show. I’m disappointed. I’m wondering if they even drop in high sec. Not gonna spend 30 mil on one. So…

I’ve lost so many Stratios I’m damn discouraged.

The content is so much fun and very cinematic, but I’ve lost over 2-3 bill in Stratios, I’ve never lost these many ships so rapidly! kind of disappointing that the ship hasn’t worked out for me! It’s my favorite ship but I’m struggling to make it work… Really wish CCP could rebalance the Strat to work as a Lazerboat as well.

Anyway… After losing so many ships I’m damn discouraged, but I know I’m not the only one losing expensive Stratios. Just one look at zkillboard and I see tons of 1 bill+ Stratios being lost. I only lose them when I get damn Triglavian rooms. RNG kind of pisses me off how I just get something that can hard counter me like that and I just lose so a very expensive ship that I worked hard for.

But to be fair, it is my fault for trying to do level 3 missions… I guess I can just do level 2 for crappy loot, but those are honestly too easy.

TLDR Content is very very fun, but I’m super damn discouraged and have gone absolutely broke in game from losing ships.

1 Like

Gambling is back in New Eden … just buy PLEX to buy more Stratioses, and try again.

/sarcasm

4 Likes

I really like to get some inprovements in PvE content. Unfortunately its a total NO GO for me to get into some kind of space, that kills me and my ship after 20 minutes no matter what. Make it through or die is no option for me, when the risk vs reward is not predictable in any way.

Also the ship limitation to “cruisers only” and the “high risk timer” is a combination that is too limited for me.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for making it even harder to figure out if you are being scanned by making the ship/cargo scanner sound even less noticeable and even less pronounced than it was before. Also thank you for not mentioning this in the patch notes at all. Your effort at making EVE even more frustrating is greatly appreciated. NOT.

Calm Electrical Filaments are selling for 9.3 mil in Jita.

Has anyone come across the meteor shower in a Calm Electrical site that damages all of the Triglavian ships and drones?

By how much %do they get damaged?