EVE Online to go native on macOS!

So are we on Linux.

Sad to say, but dev less care about linux than Macs ;p

MacOS is based on BSD and other open source stuff

Just stopping by to show my support in a native Mac client!

1 Like

But it have more ‘market share’ than ‘desktop’ linux will ever have. that’s why you can see much more dev’s support for it. im not say about eve devs, but all gaming devs.
and don’t forget - bsd is unix, not linux

@CCP_Caffeine Can you share anything on what kind of performance we can expect with this native client? What are you seeing with the client in development at this time?

Since I work on a Mac, I took my PC apart and never took it out of storage after moving a couple months ago. Now I’m keeping my setup Mac-only, so I’m really, truly hoping to see a great performance with EVE Online client, esp. on Apple Silicon Macs. (Lack of good gaming rig and the current Wine client rigged with myriads of issues are severely affecting my EVE playtime lately.)

Not yet - but it’s not because I’m trying to avoid the issue. We’re simply at the development phase, with plenty of work for us to tackle. Any performance measurements I give now could change based on development work. I’m sure you can understand that I don’t want to give any figures that are not reflective of what the final product will be.

Suffice to say, we want the performance to be the best it can be and it’s something which is being monitored closely.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I’m drooling more each day in anticipation, and also to test and bug test, like everyone else!

I’ve currently got the CMD+TAB between characters issue of the disappearing ship and cloak timer and inability to warp or do anything etc. Don’t know if this is a Mac bug that doesn’t occur on Windows, I don’t see many people complaining about it.