EVE ONLINE WIPE!

Sorry, OP, but you and your Gen Z buddies would still be light years behind veteran players as we would still have decades more experience than you, and would be able to gain back all of our resources and assets in a very short amount of time…

8 Likes

Yeah, there would only be one strategy, as in:

2 Likes

More likely they would just wipe the OP’s account as a joke and not reinstate it.

1 Like

Have you not considered the time people have put in? I don’t play this game no more than 14hrs a week! (2-3hrs every sit-down) To get all my abyssals, assets, and general junk I horde and I am proud of? All built off of my small time in incursions as a one account player. This is while I plex and get in the limited fleets these days, so I am pretty darn proud of what I built up!

EVE is not democratic. This game is controlled by CCP. The CSM are just representatives that we can talk so, and they can get our thoughts to CCP. CCP decides in the end the direction of this game goes not us.

This post lacks critical thinking and is borderline trolling. You know better OP; your 2005 tag means nothing when you post things like this. I know and respect way better players who have been in EVE for a long amount of time. They don’t say things like this.

3 Likes

Even if CCP made a fresh server with every starting at square one, within a few months I predict that the same divisions of power between the haves and have-nots would develop, and the large power blocks today would still be the large power blocks after a server wipe.

I don’t see the need for a server wipe of any kind.

I did start an alpha alt to try faction warfare with this spring and had so much fun with it that I recently started paying for the account. It is fun starting over fresh in a lot of ways. If that is the experience you want, why not just start an alpha alt?

3 Likes

It’s a fair point tho.
I wonder what any survivors will make of the tranquillity backup stored in radiation hardened repository.

I am kinda amazed that somone who has played “a little bit of eve so far” possibly in 2005, its not exactly clear, and a couple of ‘friends who dont play anymore’ have the gall to propose something of the magnitude as an asset and isk wipe of all other players.

And create a new forum ‘alt’? to propose it with.

“this game is hurd, players got more than I have”

4 Likes

This isn’t some shitty Rust or Minecraft server.

EHN OH

N O .

I agree with all your stuff being wiped.

2 Likes

Did you perhaps, maybe, oh idk, play EVE Echoes? If you wanted a fresh start and new server, that was your chance.

No! Just No.

No. Persistent world should be persistent.

1 Like

Somewhere, there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to breathe. Now, go apologize to it…

1 Like

I would rather take a trip headfirst down the staircase of my building.

Oxygen and reason should be restored. I suggest you stand up, take some deep breaths and walk around a bit, to restore oxygen flow where it’s desperately needed. Reason may follow.

Your notion is ludicrous given the time and development some players have put into EVE over nearly two decades. If you can’t compete you need to up your game or find one you can handle.

If the notion of 'fresh start all equal" is attractive to enough people, that would be better handled by, say, having an annual event where one-way wormholes/gates to a new sector of space opens up. The factions have 6 months to duke it out and whichever faction wins gets a 3-month head start on some new ship design that spreads to the other factions in order of rank.

No influence or anything would transfer, you jump in with a bare clone in a pod and take it from there. Still a non-viable idea, but it’s way more practical than some boneheaded server wipe.

I blame the seasonal model of games like D3 for this notion.

3 Likes

I don’t want to support a wipe.

It’s not a reset that eve in my opinion needs, it is the people who make eve what it is, you would need to wipe people from the game to allow fresh air in.

The problem is those same stale folks have no where else to go that accepts their behaviors, over the years this culture has been cultivated and the results are what we see today, a game that’s largely static.

Anyway the answer is much more than a couple of paragraphs.

1 Like

I don’t think it would do anything in the long run. In many ways this game is a gerontocracy. The people who have been playing the longest know the best ways to make money and the best means to do so. Taking away all their toys doesn’t dethrone them, it just briefly normalizes the gap before a return to the status quo. Plus a ton of people would just flat out quit.

I don’t think it’s doable functionally or legally, especially when ISK/Dollar exchange rate is tangible enough to measure loses in real money. I’m sure many countries with digital gaming regulation aimed at gambling would be very, VERY upset about it too.

3 Likes