Eve players

Yeah, I have over 12 years in the game and I’m pretty damn old as well…

1 Like

Playing since 2013, and don’t think about quitting any time soon. I plan to stay here till the end, whichever comes first. This doesn’t exclude longer breaks or phases of less activity.

When I first started Eve a couple of years ago (see above) I was having difficulty staying connected, to the extent that my ISP sent out a senior techie to visit me in an attempt to fix it. Turned out he was an Eve player too…

wow, EVE really bring people of different age groups together.

Played since 2004.
Pop back from time to time, things changes.

Just a visitor now more or less, like this project discovery. Will stay here about a year, and then ponder
if it is worth my while the few hours I can spear on this.

There were far fewer people playing back then (I started in early 2004), so the universe of them is smaller, but there are still a few of them around. Most of them, however, have moved on or, like me, show up for a while after breaks of varying lengths. There are quite a few of us vets (or bittervets if you like, lol) who are well north of 50 at this point - folks who were, say, about 35 when EVE was released in 2003, even younger for beta players.

EVE has always been like this, though – I remember the early player get togethers in 2004 and 2005 and the generational spread was very wide, ranging from teens to 60s, even then. It’s a bit different from other MMOs, in that regard, I think due to the nature of the complexity of the system building aspects of the game in particular, which are not very common in other games.

It’s also true, as someone said, that the playerbase skews very male, even compared with other online games.

1 Like

I know for 100% sure there is at least one player over 60…

1 Like

waves Been playing off and on since 2008; I was in my early 20s when I started, with a group of friends in their late 20s/early 30s. Currently back due to COVID and needing some stress relief; joining the occasional roam into low/null to go boom, or viciously blapping swarms of NPCs, can be quite cathartic. I’m starting a new job soon, so I’ll probably let my subs lapse, unless I decide to PLEX and skillfarm to build an isk reserve for when I play next.

been playing off and on since 2011, just turned 37 yesterday.

2 Likes

Hey happy birthday to you! :birthday:

2 Likes

Hey old man, buy me some beer?

1 Like

as long as you got a fake ID that is a caricature of what you look like, i’ll buy you a beer.

Were the 1960’s as fun as they look?

It was kind of cool listening to Beatles songs when they were first released.

Oh…and my first pair of flared jeans.

1 Like

Hell, yes :smiley:

1 Like

[quote=“Dravick_Afterthought, post:35, topic:264788, full:true”]

if I was born in the 60s, I would be soooo worried each day. who knows if the soviets/americans would start a full out nuclear war?

just duck and cover

1 Like
1 Like

61 here. The whole “Duck and Cover” was taught all through my early school years. Lived in a large metropolitan area that included being the “farm implement capital of the world” and an army arsenal. Used to hear them test firing the horizers they produced from over 5 miles. Always was told we would be a high priority target for the soviets…but, don’t worry.

Probably the main reason I don’t want to fleet up or deal with “kids”, especially when they are drunk or stoned; have little concept of what generations older than theirs went through. However, here in EVE, all the vets seem to get “it” in some form or the other. Now let me go hide under my desk…

2 Likes

25 here. I started back in 2007 when I was in 6th grade, but the game went WAY over my head. I remember begging for money to buy a Thrasher because I didn’t know how to make money, thinking it was a ton of money when someone gave me 10m isk, the pride I had when I first flew said Thrasher, and the loss of it when I flew into Lowsec without knowing what it was and hit a gate camp. Brutal for my young self. Fast forward and here I am again, playing since roughly 2017.