Eve Rent a Ship? (Instead of buying)

It can’t work in EVE with current mechanics. Any rental scheme would require full price of the ship as down payment and if a capsuleer can put down the full price of a ship he can certainly buy one outright so renting, in this case, doesn’t make much sense.

2 Likes

Get with a good corp and get a solid name for yourself and your corp mates will let you borrow big ships, of course you are on the hook for them should you lose them. and thanks to recent changes even freighters are crazy expensive right now.

I can “Loan” You my Monocle. 1B ISK/day.

#nopoors

2 Likes

Usually you’d be right except this future you’re talking about happens to be in a game with constraints. Moreover, you can’t lump reality and a game together.

1 Like

You only need to have a credit rating to chars to avoid alt-abuse.

• When you rent an item without rating you pay its cost upfront. You only get a reduction in market fees from using it on a small duration.
  • As you get more rating, that is more benefits to the renter, you pay the cost of the sip minus a part of the benefits .

Example :

• I start with 0 rating.
  • I rent an hibiscus that costs 2.5 LiberTea for 1day, at a price of 0.1 LiberTea per day. I pay the insurance first, so the 2.5LiberTea.
  • after a day I finalize the transaction by giving back the Hibiscus + charges for repairshop, am giving my caution back of 2.5LiberTea.
  • next day I do the same. However I only have to pay a caution of 2.45LiberTea because my rating has increased to 0.1 and the reduction is 50% of my rating (should be like 10% in reality but NVM).

This way, the renter is sure to not go bankrupt because renter abuse.

1 Like

Renting is not practical without an enforcement mechanism.

It’s possible to rent out space because if a renter does not pay, the rented territory can be reclaimed and anyone in the renter corporation gets shot until leaving or making a new rental agreement.

If someone walks off with a rented ship, there’s no way to take it back.

If I trust someone enough to rent him a ship, I trust him enough to give it for no cost. In almost all cases, that would be someone in my alliance.

2 Likes

If you cannot afford to buy it, you shouldnt have it.

3 Likes

Uhaul would argue with that logic.

Uhaul definitely always gets their money. Those guys are seriously ruthless.

1 Like

Sell it for a profit is better, buy jita move 10 jumps away and add 10% to the price.

1 Like

That’s why they don’t have a corporation and a structure in EVE’s space.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.