EVE running CPU really hot

(Zepheros Naeonis) #1

I have a higher end gaming laptop that runs everything great, but for some reason EVE is extremely CPU intensive. Task Manager doesn’t even show CPU usage over 30%, but my CPU creeps up over 85C and sits there the whole time. Suffice to say, no other game I play generally goes over 70C. Not sure what needs tweaking. Oddly enough I have all the graphic settings turned down already.

Any ideas?

(i7 4720HQ, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, Win 7 x64)

(Nerdz Rool) #2

As it looks to be an older laptop. Would it be possible that your TIM is in need of replacement?

(Zepheros Naeonis) #3

If that was true shouldn’t I experience higher temps with other games besides EVE?

Previous owner put IC7 TIM on both the CPU and GPU before I bought it. So highly unlikely the TIM is bad. That stuff lasts forever. (I’ve personally used it on my desktops as well)

(Zepheros Naeonis) #4

Just wanted to say that changing the client from DX11 to DX9 helped a lot with the temps. They stay below 75C now.

I don’t know what it is about DX11 and EVE, but it’s always been a headache for me.

(Daniel Jackson) #5

set the interval to one to limit the game to 60fps, set it to higher numbers limits it even further like 2 limits it to 30fps, 4 limits it to around 14, it saves your hardware from overheating

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.