EVE running CPU really hot

I have a higher end gaming laptop that runs everything great, but for some reason EVE is extremely CPU intensive. Task Manager doesn’t even show CPU usage over 30%, but my CPU creeps up over 85C and sits there the whole time. Suffice to say, no other game I play generally goes over 70C. Not sure what needs tweaking. Oddly enough I have all the graphic settings turned down already.

Any ideas?

(i7 4720HQ, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, Win 7 x64)

As it looks to be an older laptop. Would it be possible that your TIM is in need of replacement?

If that was true shouldn’t I experience higher temps with other games besides EVE?

Previous owner put IC7 TIM on both the CPU and GPU before I bought it. So highly unlikely the TIM is bad. That stuff lasts forever. (I’ve personally used it on my desktops as well)

Just wanted to say that changing the client from DX11 to DX9 helped a lot with the temps. They stay below 75C now.

I don’t know what it is about DX11 and EVE, but it’s always been a headache for me.

set the interval to one to limit the game to 60fps, set it to higher numbers limits it even further like 2 limits it to 30fps, 4 limits it to around 14, it saves your hardware from overheating

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.