Eve = Safe

Null sec sov mechanics would need to be changed to favor conflict (read: content) as opposed to being a carebear wonderland. Incursions need to be removed from High Sec. No more NPC bounties, no more inflation, plex prices go down, number of subs go up and with it the amount of player generated content for us all to enjoy.

But first we have to stop CCP pandering to nullbears and WoW players.

HiSec ISK faucets are not even an issue.

3 Likes

Itā€™s all an issue. We cant just nerf all the faucets but yours :wink:. The real issue is everyone needs to accept that A LOT of things need to change. Even if those changes may negatively effect them personally in the short term.

Hundreds of billions in freighters and jump freighters and their loads lost in highsec on a daily basis is a huge isk sinkā€¦to think otherwise is silly. Prices have skyrocketed due to this as a factor. But it benefits profit of ccp, why haul loads in freighters and lose it all when you can buy a few plex for not too much if you need isk.

2 Likes

This isnā€™t an isk sink, only assets are lost. The isk is still in the market.

1 Like

The opposite in fact itā€™s an isk faucet

2 Likes

Itā€™s actually neither, it increases demand but also deters people from using freighters to move assets which likely evens out to no real effect on the market.

Insurance payouts are one of the biggest faucets in the game

1 Like

Insurance payouts are a very small faucet actually

Where does it rank?

1 Like

Their lost payloads are the issue. The loot fairy can be nice, but it goes into procuring more gank ships.

To answer my own question itā€™s number 3

I was viewing old data. Itā€™s 4 on the April report.

1 Like

Oh I see you just donā€™t think people should be able to gank for profit. :joy: Get over it.

2 Likes

https://meta.eveonline.com/t/plex-is-very-expensive-right-now-thread/4547?u=hellokittyonline This graph pretty much sums it up. Insurance isnā€™t even in the conversation when compared to the enormous amount of isk injected into the economy by NPC bounties. Keep in mind also that only a fraction of that is due to suicide ganking. Tbh suicide ganking has very little effect on the market and can be viewed more as a transfer of wealth.

Salt facts

Salt can be used to prevent fruits from browning for longer. While lemon is usually used dipping them in slightly salted water works too. Just be sure to rinse before taking a bite

1 Like

People can do what they like. I did the old gank and scoop many times. Iā€™m not claiming to be an adversary.

Itā€™s a niche many new players find they can have an impact. In other cases itā€™s people who enjoy the emotions involved. Hence the proliferation of an ocean of tears and salt.

Youā€™re the salt of the earth. Thatā€™s a compliment.

But if you salt earth to plant, nothing will grow.

And this topic is about how the earth needs more salt so I think we can rest the ā€œsuicide ganking is bad for the gameā€ conversation for the time being.

The topic is eve = safe. I doubt miners and freighter pilots who roll the dice travelling feel the same. Itā€™s extremely relevant to this discussion.

Right, only the pilots who arenā€™t taking the proper precautions have this problem. I fly around with 10b+ straight through Uedama camps in a DST all the time. Please stop complaining about this, every topic in C&P is not an opening for you to whine about CODE. You can go back to the ā€œIndustry Gameplay Centerā€ now.