Eve = Safe

Here’s a idea , how about a criminal timer similar to the jump fatigue system.
So you commit a criminal act , even if concord destroys you during the timer you are
open season to all pilots until the timer expires. You are free to commit more criminal acts but
the timer will increase the more criminal acts you perform while you have a timer .

Provides more content I think and may provide a opportunity for a bounty hunting mechanic.
thoughts?

also

All four empires need to be separated by lowsec, No High sec Routes what so ever .
That should shake things up in high sec at least, maby the same for 0.0 , no 0.0 to highsec routes , lowsec has to
provide a buffer there too

Please be gentle with criticism , im special

Edit

This is already in the game. If you commit a criminal act you not only earn a kill-right that makes you vulnerable to attack for 30 days, you also lose security status and if you commit enough of them, you become an outlaw and free-to-shoot to all the other players.

The reason this doesn’t open much room for bounty hunters is that even before you become free-to-shoot to all the other players, persistent, ever-vigilant NPCs start gunning for you in the form of the Faction Police. They are far more efficient than any player vigilante could ever be and keep criminals out of space almost all the time, and in fast-aligning disposable ships when they are en route to a target, so there is very little room for a bounty hunter to operate.

It saddens me to think about how much content and player interaction the Faction Police have stifled over the years given how little actual protection they provide to highsec residents. They should be removed outright, or at the very least there should be a window of security status where player vigilantes can shoot the target before the Faction Police start doing it for them.

Remember that Rubicon vision where players would take control of New Eden? CCP has made so little progress on that idea in the last 4 years it depresses me. If anything, New Eden is more safe and players have less ability to interact with each other than in 2013. One can hope that CCP takes some steps to have the Empires really lose some control and the capsuleers take some more power in the upcoming winter “Empire” expansion, but for whatever reason, I have very little confidence they are going to do anything beyond release some permanent version of the special themed events they have been doing in the last couple years.

4 Likes

So you mean, like, exactly the current crimewatch mechanics with no changes?

That might be just crazy enough to work…

:thinking:

2 Likes

Hmm this whole fix eve business is harder than it looks , back to the drawing board chaps

1 Like

here’s another crazy idea , players with criminal flags cannot use stations in highsec , period .

Nah…

1 Like

Increase war costs for a shortened delay period
2x for a 12 hour delay before start
3x for an 8 hour
4x for a 4 hour
5x for a 2 hour

1 Like

So something a little more reasonable, I think CCP should greatly reduce the amount of isk that is generated through bounties and replace it with loot that would have to be scooped in order to convert npc kills into profit. The reason that this is relevant is that players are much more likely to engage a thief if the thief is taking something that is actually valuable.

2 Likes
  1. Combat sites already work this way, partially. Killing the boss of any site (note: site, not anom) drops a cache you can turn into CONCORD for an ISK reward. That said, the draw for most sites is the faction loot and escalations, not the bounties. Sleeper sites in WH space work exactly like this already, so there’s precedent for it at least.

2. This would have to be a low/null sec thing if it was ever implemented outside of WH space. The bounties in hi sec already aren’t worth the time it takes to warp between sites, and it would make easy griefing of newer players.

You could potentially work this into null anomalies; would give the marauders one heck of a gimmick, though it’s not unusual for null ratters to drop MTUs anyway.

1 Like

Make corpses harvestable for implant manufacturing, when you run out of corpses you can always get more forcing an increase in podding and a need for more PvP…
To eliminate the kill alt factor the pod killed must have implants within and they must be the type your looking to create. So fun stuff for the people who just want to make stuff and fun for the pvpers, win win all around.

1 Like

I didn’t say to reduce bounties in one place or another. I said reduce bounties. As a matter of fact I think we could do without npc bounties period. All they do is drive the cost of everything up by flooding the game with isk. Loot drops however, would only make money trade hands and also add a much needed step to killing NPCs that can very quickly become the cause of conflict (read: content).

Player generated content needs to be the canvas on which all changes to this game are conceptualized. Relying on CCP to create the content leaves us with everyone in their own little bubble shooting red Xs for what will eventually amount to monopoly money.

If you’re hurting the economy and providing no content for other players in a massively multiplayer game with a player driven economy then the incentives for whatever it is that you are doing need to be reworked.

If you think EVE Online is too safe, you need to undock and interact with more people than your mom.

http://join.omnigalactic.co.uk/ or another null/low-sec bloc. Experience EVE for what EVE is suppose to be. A dark dystopian world, hell bent on making your choices mean something.

Saw my first freighter gank by a flock of catalysts on Saturday, just 100km from the mission hub station. Looked up kills on zkill and apparently they were at it the whole day in systems all around the mission hub. Couple of really expensive BB/Marauder kills.

Managed to continue doing my own thing though through a combination of insta dock/undock and switching to cheap builds or waiting for them to gank someone before heading out/in.

So I don’t think EvE is safe, at all. If someone wants you dead it’s not hard to make you dead but you can manage your risk well enough if you’re smart and take precautions and I think that’s a good balance.

More rewards for Pirates might not be a bad thing though, Pirate LP for positive security pilot kills in empire space that scale with the worth of the ship killed (but in a not exploitable way) might be interesting as it stimulates one of the biggest isk sinks (LP stores).

Completely spitballing here with made up numbers but say 25% of the destroyed ship’s worth in LP (1LP per 1k isk destroyed?) to be split amongst everyone in the fleet that took part in the destruction. So 3bill kill, times .25 divide by 1000 divide by 20 pilots is 37k LP each. Obvious question are how do you deal with ‘useless’ Officer loot used to exploit/inflate isk worth etc. What other ways could you abuse something like this? Since this is HS only, no capitals apart from freighters/JFs/Orcas. Solo Bling BS kills will be super lucrative.

Never got into faction war really but is there already an LP reward for killing opfor in FW?

Meh, just some idle thoughts.

1 Like

Well, there is always the option of starting a cluster-wide war. And before the whining, salty, pig-squealing little carebears start spewing salt and cheetoh dust, you need to say the following: WAR IS GOOD FOR INDUSTRY!

Or we should have CONCORD just take one day off, imagine the utter horror that would be high sec as people not paying attention lost their freighters and JFs because they thought that their precious defenders would be there to blow up the mean old gankers.

I really like the idea of players being able too hunt before facpo gets involved. That would create some really cool gameplay.

Lol :parrotcop:

War spam wouldn’t change and a serious “frak you” war would be way more powerful. I like it.

It would make mtu hunting a viable career lol

Ran an Indy corp in LowSec for a year. Was pretty fine.

Here here! When I started playing we didn’t have trillion ISK/month ratting enterprises. And the game was much more fun and bigger back then.

1 Like