EVE Technology - Turrets

This is veering a bit off topic (though I guess so’s most of the thread), but IIRC in EVE:Source it is said that Thukker straight up stole ships from the Amarr and escaped to wherever up until the Great Wildlands. I wouldn’t consider it impossible that the Thukker mobile starbases might have bits of Mallers, Prophecys and who knows what else in their deepest bowels.

1 Like

The major races in New Eden - on those colonies that survived the collapse of the Eve Gate - developed their technology in a largely independent way (largely: physics is physic above as below - so some solutions are similar).

By the time they encountered each other their technologies were mature and they were used to it, could work with their strengths an weaknesses.
(So, a Minmatar spaceship is more likely to have an advantage fitting projectile weapons - and there are racial preferences for defence and E-war).

As the empires interacted then there was a level of technology exchange (trade, salvage and theft) and they each use the other’s technology where it suits: the Punisher is often projectile fitted. The Arbitrator is a drone boat and if you fit turrets (big IF) then fitting non-energy turrets is a reasonable choice.

So, why did Amarr develop Energy weapons? I couldn’t give a reason - perhaps they had a genius at EM projection theory, while the Caldari had someone who gave them a breakthrough in shield theory.

Each race has a power/fuel technology based on the resources (ice and minerals) most commonly available in their space - again sensible.

There may not be a reason for why X uses Y beyond “that’s what they had the materials and skills to develop”.

Gallente do not care about people (we pass the Federation Epic Arch). Just drones were created to carry out any assignments gallente. All for profit and luxury. The Gallenteans loved to exploit other nations for their own enrichment, which is why the Caldari began a war of independence.

Amarr is not for the sake of brilliance adopted the technology of Lasers. They conquered the people in the constellation Araz (we pass the cosmos mission), which had advanced technology of laser weapons. After the conquest, the development of their own laser weapons began.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.