EVE: The Second Exodus

That’s an exception, not the norm.

There’s also QFC, Provibloc is generally pretty accessible, and it’s entirely possible to get a start in NPC null.

Most of the larger blocs have some smaller hangers on, and, of course, there’s always renting.

I think you’ll find that, as with many things, the devil is in the details. Manpower is a natural advantage. Resources, in game and out, are a natural advantage. Trying to design that away is a lot trickier than just make it so.

I know heh.

But the answer isn’t to add more space because if you lave everything else as is that space will just be gobbled up like everything else. The answer lies in making it more difficult to project power, both in time as in effort. THAT way you create more space people can/will actually use.

I cant speak for the OP, but I wasn’t taking it to mean more Sov, as that would be pointless imho

1 Like

Terrible idea.

First off, you say “few”. I doubt you actually understand the scope and size of, say, the logistics wing of goonswarm and how many people and how much effort is being put in.

Secondly, new, or normal players are not going to want to put in the effort of logistics. Your idea would undermine the ability of large groups to help and support new players.

Thirdly, what about logistics corps like black frog and pushx? Throw those corps out too, I guess?

As someone who has been in multiple large alliances, I can tell you that 20, 30 jumps for most strat ops is normal. Normally, we would only have a “jump 2 gates and cyno the rest” during large, large fights involving really big targets and timers. Otherwise, we dont bother wasting a cyno ship for 90% of deployments and fleets.

Your argument here seems to indicate you dont spend much time in large alliances and dont realize what goes on. It’s not “fleet up were using titan bridges and cynos”.

Not to mention, the upcoming cyno changes will definitely impact fleet travel through titan bridges.

All in all, this isnt really a problem.

Also, are you saying that jump clones should also be removed from the game?

1 Like

They’re not “supporting new players”. They are doing their best to scoop up as many new players as they can, so that others don’t take them, to then infect them with the right version of revisionist history & propaganda. And then turn in to good little soldiers, molded to a standard. Warm bodies for the war machine where if they have enough of them and use the right type of propaganda/memes it will lead to a cultural victory.

If we’re talking about WHY there is so little diversity in playstyles and why where are so few content creators, look no further than the “newbie friendly” null groups.

3 Likes

Hmmm…

1 Like

What if in the New Space, you had to launch a probe that would warp at like 50AU/Sec, so it would take a couple of days to reach another system… this probe would send back navigational data for the construction of a player owned Stargate. Each system had “slots” for how many gates the local space-time could support.

You’d build the gate and send a hauler on a one way jump through it, at which point it would build a gate on the other side and online it.

Due to local subspace disruptions (due to this New Space being inside a nebula or stellar nursery) cynos would not work…

Pretty sure the next space expansion will have CCP looping new jumpgates from one edge of EVE space back to the other edge with a special half-twist in the jump. Thereby creating infinite Moebius space!

You mean, as opposed to do everything, do nothing well hisec corps that advertise and literally lurk around rookie chat channels sending invites to every player that types in that chat and advertise in starter systems, desperate to get new players?

But what is a “Cultural Victory”. First time ive heard that in EVE.

2 Likes

Heh… This is pretty good argument against mandatory education provided for free by country!

2 Likes

You mean against letting anyone with money buy an education thats unregulated

Stop straw manning.

I guess people love being Clone soldiers, that’s ok but it does result in clones which is boring.

Well its a similar reading you seem to have about null sec

Cant both be true?

1 Like

It can’t be that big. PCU is down to 16k, and most of that is in HiSec.

You’re the one who didnt reply to any of my points and instead went off a tangent for something based solely on your opinion.

So yeah, you straw manned first. Sucks when someone does that, doesnt it?

1 Like

All they have to do is expand Abyssal space. Ever look at a map while in Abyssal space?

The Herzog Plan™

• Provide special Trig ship mods or ships that can survive Abyssal space longer than 20 minutes, such as days or weeks.
  • Such ships or modded ships can go into system to system warps without gates. Yes, that means no more fatal funnels and pointless bubble camps for bored players looking for something to gang up on.
  • Keep Abyssal space chaotic and unstable enough so that there’s no “Krabism” possible. No making it just another place to farm and turn into an ISK faucet like wormholes. No stations, no Citadels. No belts. No respawn rates of resources and sites. Nothing. Pure random.
  • Make it mostly old-school exploration content meaning, you don’t get everything popping up on your map and overview so that you actually have to scan for it, and actually have to use Deep Space Probes.
  • And make it hit or miss such that maybe you find something worthwhile you can take back to highsec and become rich or powerful or empty handed and by the latter I mean, none of this “loot table” crap that min-maxers can figure out in two weeks and then act like they are entitled to it later on. Make it purely random so it can be purely rewarding.
  • Keep the ship size and count restriction as it is. Blobs are for nullsec.
  • Put in “one time” discovery level content so fame becomes possible. Players like fame. Real game-based fame like it used to be instead of controversy fame like it has become that drives away sane people.
  • Have Trigs pursue players out of Abyssal space so that even getting back to known space does not mean it’s over. That is, a kind of overlap of content becomes possible. Imagine you find something worthwile that the Trigs don’t want you to have.

Do those things, and the game will be more interesting.
Don’t do those things, and… well Krab on

4 Likes

Explain to me why we need more space?