I am the developer behind EVE Trade, a website that I’ve tried to keep up to date since the fall of EVE Central.
Happy to officially announce the 5.0 release!
For those that do not know about the website, it helps in:
- Finding the best hauling trades between stations (buying low and selling high)
- Finding the best margins if you are a station trader (placing buy orders and then sell orders).
Since my last release announcement I’m happy to announce several huge changes:
- Region-to-Region trade searches! One of the most requested features for the past year is finally available. I had to do a ground up rebuild since the website was originally intended for stations alone, so I’m happy to see this one in the works.
- Better compatibility with non-chrome browsers (primarily Firefox and Edge).
- Custom searches through an auto-completing input box instead of a clunky dropdown.
- The UI has taken a new look due to requests for a darker theme to not strain eyes.
- Multiple start and end locations for station-to-station trading has been enabled.
- A refresh option is added so users do not need to continue to restart the page to conduct the same search again.
Region to Region searches take a bit of time (30-90 seconds), but when compared to where station-to-station trading was when I just launched (6-8min each) its not too bad. Looking to improve it over the next few months. So bear with me as I roll out these updates.
As usual, send me any feedback and Fly safe o7.
EVE Trade | Realtime Hauling & Station Trading Tool
June 25th, 2018
5.0.2 Minor Update: * System to System trading is now permitted via Station to Station panel. Still looking to add the following in 5.1: * Citadel Trading (public ones only)
July 6th, 2018
Version 5.1.0 Released: * Public citadels added to region-to-region trading
July 18th, 2018 Update
Version 5.2.0 Released: * Citadels now can appear as starting locations * Security Status color now appear in regional trades (and filtering) * Number of Jumps and Profit per Jump included for Regional Trades
August 14, 2018 Update:
Version 5.2.1 Released: * Station Trading now includes 14 and 30 day moving averages for volume. * Filter now applies to 14-day moving average rather than the last 24 hours to provide better results. * Region Trading security filter defaults to NULL Sec or better to accomodate queries with null-sec regions selected (otherwise no results are returned). * Checkbox added to Region Trading to include/exclude citadels in results * Number of results per page increased from 50 to 100 * Minor styling changes to make results appear better on smaller desktop/laptop screens.
Version 5.3.0 * Improve user analytics to better understand behavior * Last N searches appear as suggestion buttons * Light / Dark mode switch for UI * Copy Selected as Buy Order feature * When expanding a trade popup allow users to view timestamps of how recent the trade was * Address inefficiencies in resource loading to improve UX Version 6.0+ * From here on out it will be largely community driven as I have built out all the features that the community has largely requested * Maintain mode rather than feature development * Open Source the platform and moderate PRs.