I am the developer behind EVE Trade, a website that I’ve tried to keep up to date since the fall of EVE Central.
Happy to officially announce the 5.0 release!
For those that do not know about the website, it helps in:
Finding the best hauling trades between stations (buying low and selling high)
Finding the best margins if you are a station trader (placing buy orders and then sell orders).
Since my last release announcement I’m happy to announce several huge changes:
Region-to-Region trade searches! One of the most requested features for the past year is finally available. I had to do a ground up rebuild since the website was originally intended for stations alone, so I’m happy to see this one in the works.
Better compatibility with non-chrome browsers (primarily Firefox and Edge).
Custom searches through an auto-completing input box instead of a clunky dropdown.
The UI has taken a new look due to requests for a darker theme to not strain eyes.
Multiple start and end locations for station-to-station trading has been enabled.
A refresh option is added so users do not need to continue to restart the page to conduct the same search again.
Region to Region searches take a bit of time (30-90 seconds), but when compared to where station-to-station trading was when I just launched (6-8min each) its not too bad. Looking to improve it over the next few months. So bear with me as I roll out these updates.
5.0.2 Minor Update:
* System to System trading is now permitted via Station to Station panel.
Still looking to add the following in 5.1:
* Citadel Trading (public ones only)
July 6th, 2018
Version 5.1.0 Released:
* Public citadels added to region-to-region trading
July 18th, 2018 Update
Version 5.2.0 Released:
* Citadels now can appear as starting locations
* Security Status color now appear in regional trades (and filtering)
* Number of Jumps and Profit per Jump included for Regional Trades
August 14, 2018 Update:
Version 5.2.1 Released:
* Station Trading now includes 14 and 30 day moving averages for volume.
* Filter now applies to 14-day moving average rather than the last 24 hours to provide better results.
* Region Trading security filter defaults to NULL Sec or better to accomodate queries with null-sec regions selected (otherwise no results are returned).
* Checkbox added to Region Trading to include/exclude citadels in results
* Number of results per page increased from 50 to 100
* Minor styling changes to make results appear better on smaller desktop/laptop screens.
* Improve user analytics to better understand behavior
* Last N searches appear as suggestion buttons
* Light / Dark mode switch for UI
* Copy Selected as Buy Order feature
* When expanding a trade popup allow users to view timestamps of how recent the trade was
* Address inefficiencies in resource loading to improve UX
* From here on out it will be largely community driven as I have built out all the features that the community has largely requested
* Maintain mode rather than feature development
* Open Source the platform and moderate PRs.
@ACreatorPT Hey, are you referring to looking at the price differences between specific items at different stations? If so, this may be a possibility in the future, but currently there are other EVE tools out there that do this so its not a priority. If I am misunderstanding, let me know and it might be a feature in a future release!
@Rotsner_Deja can u point me out to one of these tools? i saw some websites but i could never select to use buy or sell orders in any of the stations. i also tried evernus but i can seem to import stuff there since it gets stuck forever (and i only select one market category…)
@Rotsner_Deja alas not at all what i need. i needed something exacly like your website except that when i select the option between 2 stations to search items it would allow me to compare for example the sale orders of amarr (as the buy station) and hek sale orders (as the sell station). Preferably it would even allow me to choose if i want to use buy or sell orders to compare in each of the stations i select
there was a website that did this, but alas its dead. yours is the closes thing iv found (and iv searched…)
@Rotsner_Deja no… atm in your tool when u select station to station it compares the prices of the sale order (and the buy station) VS the prices of BUY orders (at the sell stations). i want it to be able to compare SELL orders VS SELL orders. Idealy this would go farther and allow me to select what orders to compare from each station ( buy vs buy, sell vs sell, buy vs sell and sell vs buy).
just have a ticker next to the station to chose buy or sell orders.
@ACreatorPT I see. Yes, then as my above edit stated this is a feature in the works. I’ll keep you updated on its progress. Since this is the third request for it and If I find time, I’ll try to get this in next week. Shouldnt be too hard. Just need to move around some items behind the scenes.
@ACreatorPT Haha I think my goal is to run through my backlog and then open source the project by year end for future features driven by the community. So I’m sure a request like that could be fulfilled by someone. I’d just like to cross off my list and move to my next hobby site, but you’ll definitely get that first request as I’ve had multiple asks for that recently.
@Rotsner_Deja can always make that a “premium option” for some monthly ISK. that would maybe make it worth it. I used to pay like 70M per month to use my other deceased website but it was tottaly worth. heck id pay 300M ezy per month if it had the same features xD