Evelauncher.exe - System Error

In the other thread it was mentioned that the Direct3D library could be the issue. Check if your D3D11 library is working. If you are on Windows 7, you may need this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2670838

I have done that on win 7 in first hour, than did it like 10 times, and it still not working. Already lost 10 hours on this, and now my windows is dead. My comp is 6 years old and i dont have anymore code for my win. So im ■■■■■■. TY CCP on your profesionalism, I see that you are very intersting in helping us with this problem. Instructions are everywhere.

I want my PLEX BACK for this month.

3 Likes

Same issue! Win7 SP1. Running SFC now see if that does anything, reinstalling the client pulled the new update and broke immediately.

[edit: nope.]
[edit: HOWEVER, holding off the update by not restarting the launcher from yesterday’s session allowed me to log in on another machine.]

CCPlz HOTFIX!

REINSTALLING C++/.NET/DRIVERS/UPDATING/REPAIRING DOESNT WORK ON WIN7.

Tried with compatibility modes for all windows platforms and it does not work.

@EA_Leguard
After command sfc/scannow in cmd i get:

Windows resource protection could not start the repair service.

OK I absolutely guarantee this fix, if it doesn’t get your launcher working again you have other issues because I’ve just DONE IT (Windows 7 Home Premium SP1):

1. Go to the Microsoft Download Center
  2. Navigate your way to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable download page
  3. Select x86 or x64 depending on your platform
  4. Install update
  5. Launch EVE.

Right now I’m looking at my client and turning less blue.

that the Platform Update? Doesn’t work for this one.

I have reinstal c++ in different combinations in first 2 hours, and then 10 times more, and everything else there is, still the same…

btw you need both if you have 64 system, x86 and x64

I already had the platform update installed on my laptop, launcher was still broken so it’s definitely not that. That and the error gives a clue as to the root: Visual C++ runtime. I installed the only version I didn’t already have installed (2015), and that fixed it. I could only install the x64 version, the x86 installer gave me a platform incompatibility error.

1 Like

Same problem, after the game update.

Reinstall all visual C++ And no work

Win 7 sp1

You were lucky probably becouse you didnt had 2015 c++ already, if you had that one things are not that simple. I’ve been playing with this from yesterday… They didnt test this update at all. So many people having problems, if they tried it on more then 5 computers…

1 Like

Thanks mate. Yeah, i figured this out 20mins after posting the thread (stupidly haha).

If people cant get it to work with the c++ redist, its likely there is more than 1 issue or a different issue entirely, and probably only something CCP can fix with an update. Possibly something to do with various files expiring (as well as the font previously reported)

Best bet would be to contact support or wait it out, i know it isn’t ideal. Ill keep trying for ideas when i get back from home from work later o7

I can’t think of anything else I currently have installed that requires the 2015 update, to be honest. Hell, my office package still uses Java…

This worked for me. Windows 7.

win7
launcher started after I installed Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
strange, it did not request system reboot, prolly I did something wrongeve-launcher-error

you can find missing dll’s and install them manualy

Still no luck here