[Event] Carnival at Moisant, Octanneve V

A reminder that the first Carnival event is tomorrow, 15 February, starting at 20:00. This is a parade viewing (Krewe Pay-per-view will be performing) and party, with an additional afterparty once the parade is over.

We recommend viewing the parade from the balcony of Bohio Cibucan, the primary hotel. It’s tradition for each performing group (brass bands, dancers, etc) to stop and perform for a minute or two in front of the Cibucan, so being at the hotel will more or less guarantee that you’ll get to see everything.

We do have shuttles operating to and from Octanneve V; you can request a shuttle from just about anywhere. Bohio Cibucan has plenty of accommodations available for capsuleers. Light refreshments will be provided, and there are quite a few restaurants and shopping plazas in the area if you’re looking for full meals.

Here are the particulars of this first event:

Who: Open to everyone
What: A “traditional” gathering for a Carnival weekend. Watch the Krewe Pay-per-view parade from the hotel’s balconies and enjoy decadent refreshments and late-night entertainment. Afterparty at Line of Sight Nightclub.
Where: Bohio Cibucan and nearby streets, Moisant
When: Saturday, February 15 at 20:00
Why: Because Carnival.

Additionally, on Sunday, 16 February, we’ll have a Sunday Dinner at CRAFT, at the Tebu Amkhiman in Tanoo. This event is open to all allies of Viavant and/or Corovid Industries. I was supposed to have sent out invitations, but I didn’t; that’s on me. I apologize for the oversight.

You’re an ally if you have formal “blue” standings with one or both corporations, if you’ve assisted in the rebuilding of Moisant, or if you’ve generally worked with one or both corporations before. If you’re unsure, feel free to ask, or, honestly, just show up. We only plan to turn away “reds”, and the individuals who are red to us know who they are. (If I’ve yelled at you on these forums, you are not necessarily red.)

Additionally, if you’d like to establish or repair blue standings with us, you’re welcome to attend.

Those particulars:

Who: By invitation only If you’re not red, you can show up.
What: A thank-you dinner at CRAFT with lots of Moisant trappings.
Where: CRAFT Bar & Grill, Tebu Amkhiman
When: Sunday, February 16 at 20:00
Why: To show our appreciation to our allies.

There’s no dress code for either of these events. I’d recommend casual or business casual. For the parade viewing, you’ll probably want to be comfortable. You’re also welcome to dress up in costume for that one. The dinner is at a bar and grill, so it’s also casual-ish.

The next event would be the Square House building activity, which will be on Thursday, 20 February and start at 18:00. I’ll post more details closer to the day.

Finally, here are a few extra notes.

Don’t forget to check the first post for the rest of the events, as we have plans scheduled through the 25th. We hope you will attend and enjoy any of these events.

5 Likes