[Event] "Dancing with LUMEN" - Heideran VII Memorial Ball & Fund Raiser Date Auction

Corovid Industries is a clan-led manufacturing outlet that is currently assisting with recovery efforts for our lands as well as for our neighbors in Sundsele. I promise, we always accept donations.

Except that if I tried to go to Delve I would be killed on the gate every time.

My complaint is that someone put up a few billion for the Directrix, and now, intentional or not, a bidder who likely holds views and opinions counter to LUMEN’s is now out of the running. I’m not convinced that Luna was opposed to the possibility of your winning the auction, especially since you put up the bil.

You keep using that word:

I’m in a 2-man corporation. We can’t field fleets. We rely on our friendships with various FCs and join their fleets when they have them.

Also, wormhole escalations would require learning to roll wormholes and being able to survive escalations in the first place.

I agree wholeheartedly. But my suggestion was to add sources of income, not detract from the ones you already have. Producing the right planetary commodities would be an almost passive source of ISK, even in highsec space. Manufacturing things to sell isn’t all that time-intensive either.

Never said it was. I said that it’s all people who already hold all your views. Based merely on his mouthing off in this thread, he’s clearly your people.

It’s a public event on its face. In reality, it’s an event where people can attend for free and watch rich people have the kinds of fun I couldn’t afford. Not my scene; I’m not into self-flagellation.

And yet, it has happened. If you want to fix it, then post the receipts for the fuel blocks after you buy them.

I have two problems with this event. The first is broader: Posting this event publicly and opening up the bidding to everyone suggests that LUMEN is interested in meeting a broader range of people, taking in a broader range of ideas. But what’s going to happen, yet again, is a fancy-dress echo chamber.

The second is, admittedly, more personal: I’ve spent more than my fair share of time defending LUMEN, and why I’m flying with you, to my Matari counterparts and friends. I’ve caught flak for it, and it definitely isn’t helping my image or that of my clan that I’m so close to a bunch of Amarr loyalists:

But I really felt like you all were different from the others, that you might actually start reaching out to your empire’s traditional enemies, or rather, the people it almost destroyed. I thought that by working with you, I might help to foster the sort of cooperation that heals wounds and resolves harms like slavery.

I’m seeing now that you’re just as full as ■■■■ as your peers are.

It exceeded my expectations, certainly. Somehow I doubt it exceeded yours or the Directrix’s. This looks more and more calculated to me. Pretend to be of the people, and then have your friends throw your fat wallets around. Look how many rich friends want to date us!

Raise them?

The only people I’d want to dance with who would also want to go to a LUMEN ball are on the bid list, and they aren’t going to dance with me when someone else is paying millions for the honor. And also not into the self-flagellation.