[EVENT] New Year fireworks at Eternal Flame

Capsuleers;

In years past, it was customary for many local capsuleers to gather at the Eternal Flame statue in Pator as the year turned to next, to chat on local, to exchange well-wishes, and to light the orbit up with fireworks. Claims have been made that if the night is clear, the show can be seen from the Four Continents that pass under it a little before or after local midnight. (I have never witnessed this myself, so maybe it is just a legend.)

This year, I am reviving this tradition and invite any and all to join me at the statue a little before midnight NEST on Dec 31st and to count down to YC123 with a light show.

Come joyful for achievements or come to mourn what you lost this year, come hopeful or desperete about the next! Bring a ship with fireworks. Bring drinks, gifts, stories, entertainment, snowballs, fancy SKINs, or whatever else brings your fancy!

(Note that I cannot grant you guest right in space so if you are in wars or if you fear gankers, come on your own risk!)

15 Likes

I think pointing this out @Elsebeth_Rhiannon is prefectly reasonable and there should be no pressure on you at all in this respect.

~A message regarding a modified post by Commander Arthie.

Following policies set forth by the CRC Communications Policy, a message has been removed from this thread for being Out of Character.

Thank you,

~Alexandre Arthie

Alexandre Arthie,
Directive Enforcement Department
CONCORD Assembly

3 Likes

Bump for a very worthwhile event.

Not much to ask (you’d hope), especially after the year we’ve all had :<

2 Likes

Well done for posting it @Elsebeth_Rhiannon. I’d probably suggest moving the post through, out of
Fiction Portal
,and into Communications Center, General Discussion. That mnight be a better place for it.

This event is welcome in the Intergalactic Summit. Many here partake in end of the year festivities. Please stay civil on The Summit when discussing it.

3 further posts have been removed.

Thank you,

~Alexandre Arthie

Alexandre Arthie,
Directive Enforcement Department
CONCORD Assembly

3 Likes

This year has been quite a year indeed.

• The year opened with the Floseswin conflict still raging on.
  • Triglavians invaded the empires who were still at one another’s throats, forcing them to co-operate to some degree.
  • Co-operate many of us loyalist and otherwise politically minded capsuleers did, forming the backbone of the anti-Triglavian resistance movement.
  • The systems that the Triglavians managed to take were disconnected from the gate network, with many people still stranded.
  • The ■■■■■■■ Gutter Press may have actually served as the most reputable new source during the whole ordeal.
  • The null blocs entered into a substantially large war with one another that’s been going on for months.
  • And the year was capped off by Sansha mass-harvesting resources in strange new metaliminal storms.

And there’s much else that happened. Things, all important in their own right. It was certainly a hectic and eventful year, for better or for worse.

I’ll be there. Thank you for organizing.

7 Likes

I am hoping to be in attendance as well.

2 Likes

It is fitting to start the new year in the home system of mother Matar, let the beacon of eternal flame light our way to a brighter future.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’m glad I could get home for this. It was nice to celebrate something normal, for a change.

1 Like

We were lucky enough to be graced with some pretty important company.

Thank you again for organizing Elsebeth. It was a nice event.

3 Likes

Heh, wasn’t much organizing. It’s never been a formal event for speechifying, just whoever wants to come and put up a show.

Thanks to all for coming, and happy new year, hopefully with #nomorenotepads.

1 Like

A very beautiful event except one incident (not to be discussed)
Looking forward to next year. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Peace and a Happy New Year!

5 Likes

Glad to have been in attendance. Was fun.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.