Event Feedback - Guardian's Gala 2019

Same page as in: “our playerbase underappreciated the hard work we put into last event, there was nothing wrong with it!”?

1 Like

Very much not that.

6 Likes

Don’t count me on the “everyone” there. fireworks are obnoxious and should not be allowed in places like Jita, since they’re only used to cause lag on some computers to take advantage precissely of that -_-

1 Like

That’s an issue of where they are allowed to be used; the DESIGN of the fireworks themselves was well done.

Sheesh, there’s always one, isn’t there?..

3 Likes

There was this fantastic Icelandic Street Food place around laekjargata. More than happy for you to share that with me :smiley:

Fireworks are “…only used to cause lag on some computers to take advantage precisely of that.” Eh, what? There may be a few players that are trying something like that, but I doubt it’s true of most.

I spent several hours in Jita around Christmas burning through over 100 million isk worth of fireworks for the sheer fun of it. Lots of pretty sights and sounds to celebrate the holidays with my fellow capsuleers.

Guardian’s Gala 2019 is a Shame Gala 2019.
In every apsect.

999’s post.

#stopguardiansgala

Someone, make it 1000’s post.

2 Likes

Here you go, 1000th, is this a threadnought now ?

and…

Hope the meeting goes as well as could reasonably be expected and no-one gets sacked.

4 Likes

@CCP_Sledgehammer -

We all love ya’, and all the work that goes into Events. You all have created something players care deeply about; if they didn’t care, they wouldn’t gripe.

For what it’s worth, I’m in the on-going process of writing up a fresh perspective that contains little to no whining, and little to no repetition of what other players have expressed.

It won’t be any kind of 'I think you should do this" doc; instead it will be sharing a mental framework I’ve developed over the years that can help teams ask the right questions of themselves when designing things such as this.

I’m working to get it finished, and will pass it on to the CSM folks over in their forum, hopefully in time for your retrospective. (I realize I’m just one player in a sea of many, but I hope you’ll recognize the unique perspective in my write-up along with the positive tone, and perhaps consider some of the ideas expressed.)

It can’t be repeated enough; the Event team is appreciated along with all the hard work you do. Please keep events coming.

6 Likes

If there is one thing you guys should remember is that the point of those events is to encourage interactions among players, the event sites are good places to attract players and have them collide into each other.

Now, of course for that to happen in low-sec or other zones, and not just in High-Sec, you NEED to make the rewards better in those zones, the other events did it, I have ZERO idea why you guys threw away everything those events did right.

5 Likes

New guy wanted to do things his way / not enough hand over between old event runner and new event runner.

This is probably why we also have events piling back up in dead end systems again.

4 Likes

No we do not. I would like to have the old, fun events back, the ones from before this whole BPC ■■■■■■■■.

3 Likes

I actually liked the special event-related module BPC’s, just need to reduce the material amounts required for production.

I recently built one of the Frostline Analyzer modules and I couldn’t believe the amount of materials required for production. To buy all of the materials from the Market actually makes that an expensive module to build. Luckily I had half of the required materials already sitting in station.

Definitely remove Cerebral Accelerator BPC’s, those are just a hugh waste of time, especially since the accelerators have an expiration time limit on them. Just like in the past, have all the various grades of Cerebral Accelerators just be random loot drops that can be consumed immediately.

10 Likes

Posting, posting, posting…
Who cares!?

CCP? Nope. Couple of formal replies just to say “hey, we relied!”. That’s all.
Event passed as it was in the begining. Only freaking BS fixed (better not. killed him with passive gila easely with one warp out to fill the shields). Nothing more.

2 Likes

Indeed fireworks are fun.

:explodyparrot:

2 Likes

fireworks BPCs please!

LOL

2 Likes

for PLEX!!!

Hands down the worst event I’ve ever experienced in 10 years of EVE. Everything about it was garbage. The BS damage, the mining yield, the loot box rewards, the accelerators being a BPC - all of it!

Why can’t we have a simple event like the one a few years back with Blood Raider Gauntlets that respawned often and dropped cheap accelerators and decent skins? I could run those in a few minutes and actually enjoy myself.

Please don’t turn our game into some Chinese style grindy trash MMO.

9 Likes

Hello!

I took some time to type up what I hope is a fresh perspective with some meta-thoughts and positive reinforcement for Events going forward:

Please, no whining over there. Plenty of room to do that here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.