Event Feedback - Guardian's Gala 2019

17 Likes

… aaand another event that i will just ignore. CCP got so much feedback to the events in the last 2 years, but they keep making the same mistakes again and again. It feels like they are trolling us.

I wouldnt be surprised if all this is the result of massive budget cuts, i.e. testers and quality assurance got laid off and now devs have to do it themselves, live on Tranquility.

1 Like

You officially win this thread, sir!

Well done!

1 Like

Hard to tell from our view. Maybe they are just going for money grab before the game gets shut down/ ftp no new content death. Maybe they are trying to get it all straight before a patch/ response. Really hard to know what’s going on with zero communication.

I will be holding onto my money for now.

4 Likes

the future for eve online

shyte

3 Likes

looks like they updated that stuff with eve tech / UI

LOLOLOLOL

1 Like

I have done many events in the past, but this one just sucks…

2 Likes

I agree.

Mining simply isn’t designed to be worth it in this event. It is so bluntly evident to anybody who ran this event, that it needs no further justification.

The event mechanics guides you to buy Tricarboxyls for ISK from the market as a shortcut from the senseless grind. You are not motivated to get the Tricalboxyls in the event sites. Some people will mine it anyway and pump it into the market, but it will be much more expensive and in much lower quantity than before.

There is also a certain amount of Tricarboxyls available, which was refined from event ore and which was stockpiled by people in previous 2 events. People mined it. It was very accessible in big quantities and it was profitable to mine it.

Put a stop on further supply in this event and at the same time fuel consumption. This will increase costs of inputs and consequently will increase cost of end products, which are attribute boosters for faster skill training. You are not motivated to grind these boosters in the event sites, but instead to buy them from market, but for substantialy higher price than ever before. This is why the reprocessing ratio is so unbelievably bad and amount of ore in the event so low.

There is also one acomplishmet in the Agency progress queue called Buy tricalboxils from the market. You must buy a piece in order to advance. This drives their price further up.

Tricalboxyls going into Paradise Clubs:

Why you can exchange in one event site endlessly, but you need ore from 2 sites for 1 access of the Paradise Club? This is called accessibility. You need fast and easy access to gambling. Tiny, significant feature. Entrance tickets to Paradise Clubs and Tricalboxyls are available in the market. You just need ISK now. It is gambling with the in-game currency. But shortcut in form of buying PLEX and selling it for the in-game currecy on the market is certainly available.
Components of the mix are in place:

• initial price for one pull of the slot machine is not discouraging
  • many pulls of the machine will make this expensive
  • it is accessible, you can pull many times, fast
  • you will loose
  • grinding it in-game is so unapealing
  • vision of unique shiny items
  • shortcut to RL currency is available

It looks to me more like a slot machine and that the event is built around it.

Tricalboxyls going into atribute boosters (+6, +10, +12, extended):

We all loved them when they were dropping from event sites, right? They were highly desired. Now, you must mine at least 11 event sites to make one +6 atribute booster. Not to mention the normal +10 booster. Of course that the event gives you mechanics to mine ore and get the booster, but it is senseless torture. Why would you do that? The mechanics leads you to market, where the boosters will be provided from stockpiled Tricalboxyls from past. This drives price of the Tricalboxyls further up. Consequently it drives price of the skill boosters up. And again the mix is in place.

Let the experiment begin. And let’s burn some ISK in it. No, thank you I will not be part of this.

Is the event a good gameplay? Hell, no. It is is cancer.

4 Likes

The koreans want to change the playerbase, cause we dont like micro transactions , but the south koreans
love that shyte and they will be the new playerbase together with the chinese players.

another MMO turned into shyte

2 Likes

What did people expect when a south korean company takes over insert random mmorpg here.
its inevitable that said game, will turn into a microtransaction p2wheavy lootbox rng grinder.

Keep in mind PA and its shareholders, paid 450mil or so. for this gem of an mmo. this money has to be regained again to make profit at all…so 2 weeks before the sell of ccp was official announced, BDO went full p2w ( what a coincidence).

in eve,mutators were the first sign of this heavy rng based lootbox ■■■■ coming soon.

PA loves to torture its costumers in most sadistic ways…grind months for mats, then rely on crazy rng luck when transmutating…and turn item u wasted weeks to grind for+mats which took u same time to grind for, and get crap out of it ( reminds a bit of new event , doesnt it?)

its predictable, eve will die…well not like servershutdown, but it will die for most of its old playerbase.
it will turn into one of those asia grinders, just in space.

Rest in Peace EvE.
it was a nice ride while it lasted.

13 Likes

When I tried to neut an asteroid in the event site I got this warning;

"Proceed with this dangerous act?

Aggression against this peaceful entity may have consequences such as a standings penalty or returned aggression. It is recommended that you reconsider."

What will happen if am aggressive towards the asteroids?

4 Likes

Oh, is that why communication has been none existent? CCP needs to invest in Google translate?

Really people, I think some would complain about winning 2nd place in the lottery.
When you try to make an event for everyone there are going to be compromises.

Feedback constructively.

I am looking forward to an event that I will absolutely hate, like the ice event.

My faves events that you may hate are;

1. drone events - where I got my first battleship
  2. the races - flying in shuttles to new parts of eden.
  3. the mining one with the two types of site, which triggers a final wave 3x bigger than any other. lol.

Thanks CCP

EDIT: I severely dislike gambling. So I admit that bias. And I admit there is an element of gambling when you play EVE, ie. the loot fairy sometimes does not bless your combat site, so you don’t get good loot. However, the collateral is your ship, your experience which indirectly cost isk.

However, I think CCP has made a big mistake by directly asking for isk to gamble for a prize. I thought CCP did not like EVE bet.

3 Likes

drones was good event, one of the best. race was complete trash and people abused it like hell…and mining…well a lot of people dont even have mining skills…just saying.

but maybe you are just trolling, or a true spodbrain :wink:

All of a sudden, I am starting to get the feeling that we will have online lootboxes incessantly flashing in the corner of the screen along with ads to buy PLEX, and daily missions within a couple months. Get ready for microtransaction EVE death…I will facking RUN away from this game if it turns into some south korean travesty…they will probably rename it “Legend of EVE”, or “EVE of guardian” or some other ridiculously badly translated shyte.

Let’s hope I’m wrong…

2 Likes

Sadly, I have to agree with every single word u said. RIP EvE

3 Likes

What should CCP write here? They know that the event is crap. Everybody knows that. Even Pearl Abyss know that this is crap. I don’t believe that CCP like the event. Even their silence here is reply to me. This event promotes gambling! And it is designed to be played best as a gamble! It is not like previous events.

I don’t blame CCP.

It is exactly how @Bingham_McSnuggles wrote. (by the way, hi Bingham, long time no see).

It is game for us, but it is business for Pearl Abyss! Steps which they take make perfect sense. Unfortunately not for us games. Nobody will be able to stop this unfortunately.

RIP

You could talk to the Community devs…oh wait.

1 Like

Come on @HilmarVeigar (CCP Hellmar)… You were Vikings once, you can do better. I still have faith.

1 Like

Any communication or information which is accurate is better than zero information or communication between two groups. If you were flying overseas and the plane went through areas of extreme turbulence and flight arrival delays and the pilots who controlled the flight and had detailed information remained silent the entire trip, you would probably refuse to ever fly that airline again…and rightly so,too.
Just as panic,distrust,anger, and long term financial loss would be caused by either the pilots or Captain of the ship failing to communicate AT ALL, the EVE community is going through the same ongoing reactions. Every hour or day that goes by with no reaction either here or even on Reddit leads to an ever growing wave of anger and horrible P.R. I mean, seriously, WTF CCP, the players and customers of your product aren’t worth even a token response?

Obviously, while the game has some bad issues, it has become apparent that there is a far more serious problem in EVE management. Hey, PA, you spent hundreds of millions for this…?

3 Likes