Event Feedback - Guardian's Gala 2019

Ok CCP
I have been trying to defend you through this entire fiasco but now I see that I was wrong.
You put plex on sale just in time to feed the gambling addicts??? Really? Could you be more obvious?
Is our monthly subscription not enough money? Is the time and effort we devote to this game not enough for you?
I thought you have flubbed your event on accident. But now I see that it was designed this way. You intentionally made a gambling event and then put plex on sale so that people with gambling problems would spend money to buy loot boxes.
AND THAT IS ILLEGAL!!!

5 Likes

No its not, this is happening because the gaming industry lacks government regulation

Its repugnant and despicable but not illegal.

This is seriously sad. Like a day of mourning. Eve was the best MMO ever made and this new company is ruining it completely. They have taken the best MMO to ever exist and they are going to flush it all away for a slight increase in profit for a short time… and then the game will die. The best game ever made, will no longer be.
No other game could be the Eve killer.
The devs themselves stabbed it in the back thinking they could drink its blood.
But the Eve community won’t let them. We will stop buying anything. We will wait with small hope that something comes along that can replace it.
They can collect their Korean money for the year they have left. I will never put another dime into this game. I have been playing for 6 years and I know plenty of others who have given years to Eve. But they have sworn that they will never pay another penny while this company owns the title.
This is a truly sad and historic day. I honestly want to mourn now.

3 Likes

LMFAO

Hello,

In the previous events it was nice to have bounty payouts when killing the NPC enemies (pirates). It helped offset the cost of ammo purchases on the market.

In this event it doesn’t appear that there are bounty payouts, in addition to points others have raised here, so the incentive to get to 1000 points is lower.

If there are updates coming - please put in bounties for the Angel pirates killed, or consider it for next time.

1 Like

R.I.P Eve…

2 Likes

maybe - maybe not. The fact that you can get isk by normal gameplay keeps it on the right side of the line. If the NES was the only source of Keys to unlock the loot boxes, then we would all have a right to complain.

I have my own complaints, but these seasonal Events are just for two weeks, then it’s gone and we’re back to business as usual.

And it’s happening again: Have a PVP challenge, and now none of my other challenges finish completing, leaving me with just 3 challenges a day, because my 4th involves chasing down a person in one of a limited number of ships, and killing them.

Fix this, CCP. Your low% chance PVP challenges are literally making the event fail to progress.

Definitely should be higher bounties. Should be enough to cover the cost of turning in a ticket per site, or close to it. Then at least we would have some sort of options, or maybe some fun during this disaster of an event.

PA is a Korean company.
It seems like Korean companies don’t really care about non-Korean players (or their money for that matter). They try to adjust EVE for the Korean market to make it more popular there, while completely ignoring everyone else.
When they fail, the game will be shot down. PA will not sell it to anyone, because they won’t allow someone else to succeed where they failed, because that would be shameful.

NCSoft killed City of Heroes basically the same way if I am correct.

3 Likes

PA obviously is trying to kill EvE so that they can try to get more people to play Black Hole Online or Fortnite.

2 Likes

i see threads being shutdown so this is being watched, CCP, lootboxes need to GTFO and a response would be nice thanks.

9 Likes

all ppl complaining can contract me all their goods, assets and isks!

no more problems! :slight_smile:

CCP, honest question here - How much more feedback could you possibly need?

Have we even had an acknowledgement from a dev yet?

5 Likes

You can bet your bottom dollar that this event is a “test the waters” for lootboxes, they will be in the NES next if enough people seem fine with them in this event, and that is the concerning part. I wasn’t really too worried when CCP got bought out because I told myself the Dev team knows better than to try anything dodgy like this in Eve. Just look at the huge backlash when AURUM was introduced. But with this adition to the event, I can see lootboxes in the NES being a feature very soon. Gone will be the days of just forking over your 30$ worth of plex for a skin, instead you’ll have to spend thousands gambling for it instead. I honestly don’t understand why they thought getting into lootbox gambling which is rapidly being legislated against all over the world (not to mention the massive consumer backlash against it that has caused companies like EA to shed multi billions in value as their share price plummets down from 160$ to 40$ per share).

8 Likes

once there was a game that cared about the players and didnt see them merely as an income

but then the company was sold cause of greedy people and it became just one more shyte game where u had to p2w in order to succeed.

thx a lot hilmar
enjoy ur korean BBQ

8 Likes

This is the second thread with a fairly quick response that I have seen.

Come on, we been giving feedback for days. Sure now it’s becoming a thread of compliments for good reason. Not only is the event not fun for most, but clear evidence of bugs have been linked many times.

Hello… Anyone… At least say you understand the event has issues. Or that you need to run more tests please be patient kinda thing.

5 Likes

The good: a meta boosted shield tanked praxis with 3 smartbombs with high alpha skills can make the bs and the carrier spawn, and tank them both.
The bad: respawn rate. I haven’t seen a respawn in any system in my constellation.
The ugly: not worth doing, the ticket redemption is a scam and there’re no bounties on the rats.

4 Likes

@CCP_Falcon

Anybody home ? Any CSMs ? Any ISDs ? Everyone went home and turned off the lights ?

6 Likes

Hello All,

This is the begining of the end.
This is how this wonderfull game will end.
We have grown with it, but its time to let it die.
Rage againt the machine, rage againt the greed !
We are players, we make it live, bit for them, we are nothing…let it die.

Than you!

2 Likes