Event Feedback - Guardian's Gala 2019

http://prntscr.com/mmfgl1 just spent 100 mil isk on 4 tickets at a VIP site and got 22 mil in return after spending maybe 2 hrs on getting the tickets and 4 hrs finding the sites to run in Nul lol

This event is something else.

8 Likes

Well. Hmm.

https://massivelyop.com/2019/02/17/eve-evolved-eve-online-has-a-gambling-problem/

8 Likes

the orca is for doing it solo as it can clear the site if done right, i clear mine with my orca combat and ore.

3 Likes

Things I like about the event.

1. I kind of like the overpowered bosses. You must pay attention and burn it fast, while managing the frigates. I can do these no problem, but I have run across several alphas and lower SP players having to warp off and back in. I almost had to warp off once or twice.
  2. I like the mining aspect. This was present in the Crimson harvest. I like that industrial characters can get in on these events.
  3. I like a bit of complexity. Shooting NPC, collecting drops, mining ore, and combining to produce a product. Once again involving the more industrial focused characters into the event.
  4. I like the VIP site idea. A much tougher site for groups.

Things I don’t like

1. The bugs. There is quite a bit of tasks not resetting upon completion, and expired timer tasks not going away. Sometimes I can work around by relogging. But it sucks if you are the fleet boss and have to do that a lot.
  2. The lack of any bounty payouts. I am sure there is a reason for this, but it does make shooting event NPC’s into a pro-bono operation.
  3. The loot drops of the bosses and NPC. I am sure this point has been colorfully made about 500 times.
  4. The loot boxes from jumping through all the hoops to cash in tickets and receive rewards that are less in value than the mineral/ticket/ISK value combined or even separately for every box I have gotten out of cashing in tickets.
  5. The requirements of using the same mineral to construct any item you obtain an event BPC for is also required to cash in tickets and at “WTF! I am not going to build that” amounts of the mineral. Especially for a freaking booster that lasts a day.
  6. Characters that do not mine or have minimal mining skills completely miss out on the manufactured items. If they somehow obtain 5 of the minerals from drop, they get to go through all the effort in order to cash in a ticket and be rewarded with a zonk prize. That is an unsub moment.
  7. I am in a relatively low population area, but the event sites don’t seem to respawn up fast enough. Lots of players roaming in circles. The Crimson Harvest site spawn rate seemed better. This is especially difficult when adding a mining logistics component, as the ore is fairly voluminous.
5 Likes

2005 player, so its my view point that I’m expressing

I really enjoy events, ran some of them 4 times thru with alts. ( Yes I got more than 1 account. subbed )

As I don’t always have time to grind, I sub accounts with $$ so its money in CCP pockets.

This event, greyed out boxes, and all the other stuff mentioned in thread. Haven’t gone pass 30 points, so that on its own says enough.

Sorry CCP, you need to make it worth the time and effort to play hours on end.

Will I keep paying for accounts if content is going to be run like this , NO

I don’t hassle if they market Skill injectors and other items to keep cash flow going. The more people play the more to enjoy. Nothing like hunting people that got no clue and fly bling. Kill boards full of nice kill mails. Bigger battles keep the wheels turning.

But if they run such poor content and take days answering and fixing bugs when they have run these events before and know what draws people in. I’d say they shooting the cow they trying to milk.

So might have accounts on Alpha for awhile and see if it comes around with next event.
under 20K players online as I’m typing this. Do we still hit the 40K online these days or has Eve gone the way of the DoDo with the way they handling the game on a whole.
Dont get me wrong, Love some of the content, Abysal ect is a good step, but hope this event isn’t the new trend CCP is aiming at.

5 Likes

A workaround for those greyed out task/quest boxes -
(note doing this will close your client, perhaps you should dock up or find a “safe” location first)

. hit escape
. navigate to the reset tab.
. clear cache (will also close client)
. start client
. are the grey boxes for quest/tasks refreshed? If no start over.

Lather rinse and repeat till the new quests show up - make take anywhere from 2 - 7 tries.

YMMV

2 Likes

Ta, might give it go and see if they clear up
Done it 3 times, still no luck. But thanks for posting

1 Like

Quite frankly, I am outraged.

My thought is that this event was designed to unfold exactly as it has because it was dictated by management.

It is pretty clear to me from the responses in this thread that some people are assuming good faith from CCP staff.

I do too and so, the lack of response, except a token one from someone from CCP suggest this (to me at any rate).

Can you blame them? Who would want to even try and defend this event?

I blame management. I believe they dismissed/ignored staff objections.

I keep wanting to make additional comments on the mess but I have not figured out how to do so politely.

But make no mistake, I am seriously angry.

6 Likes

Spawn rate for these sites are bad. Went around for two hours and got 3 battle cruiser drops and one battleship. Only one site was empty the rest I showed up and played spoiler on the boss spawn.
Why not have a really easy one on the overview, and a harder one you have to scan down?

5 Likes

Yeah I mean … Seriously ?! Should you actually even have to do that unless you’re bug testing some beta release !!! :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

EVENTUALLY it does work tho these things should have been sorted at least in the first day … not one week later and still sometimes maybe it works !
Only one week of this event left and people are still trying to actually find sites and then hope they get lucky and have tasks to get points.

With all this messing about for a week CCP SHOULD AT LEAST EXTEND THE EVENT FOR A WEEK so people can actually play it fairly. I see some have been lucky and had enough time to sit online long enough to get lots of points tho I’d say they are a very exceptional group !

Now I’m finding that the frigs like to instant aggro drones and had a couple go pop b4 I could even get them to accept the return to bay command. Another great way to make it cost even more for people to even try this event.
After some of the mess ups with recent events I was thinking CCP couldn’t get them any worse tho once again they’ve gone and proved me wrong there :rofl:

2 Likes

just let it die. The spirit of this “event” is as corrupt as its execution.

9 Likes

Why can’t I hide the fracking event dropdown on my screen?

1 Like

CCP is not interested in the opinions of the players, much less their problems associated with this event, and they are not at all interested in the fact that someone from the Grok (probably everyone) was unhappy or at least disappointed with this event. This is clearly evidenced by the fact that CCP does not even react to this forum topic, and does absolutely nothing to fix it at all, maybe because CCP no longer steers EVE ?!

4 Likes

Only hamsters left, running servers…

3 Likes

At the very op of the screen above the search box are some icons … click the flag one to make the event stuff go away :slight_smile:
Thinggyicons

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

So much angry

All Gala beacons are gone, nowhere not even one, is the event canceled ?!

2 Likes

Mvp. Thanks!

Same, I’m just here to know if CCP fixes that ■■■■.

I have several beacon in space, I don’t want to do any. Farm lootbox in easy system to get crap is not the definition I have of fun.
If only they had left the previous BS, that would have remained fun, because challenging.

1 Like