Event Feedback - Operation Permafrost

This doesn’t seem quite right…i was taking 115 dmg with 90% resist…so by your math i should have only been taking 12 dmg…unless they had 10 launchers per cruiser? (though thats not uncommon)

1 Like

Interesting approach. Many functional-product utilities are monopolies, and have bad reputations for customer service. Entertainment products generally are ‘optional’ when compared to needs for water, power, or telephone/internet access - and have widely varying reputations for customer service.

They aren’t the people responsible for this game feature, those people could be on vacation. CCP Falcon could be posting Christmas cheer on his own time. The GM told you to post feedback here, which you have done. Previous CCP replies in this thread say that they are reading feedback. It’s also the official pinned thread. You can’t do any better than you have already. Nothing you can do but wait, or move on to something else (recommended approach.)

and yet the base product is the same and can be purchased from many other providers where you can choose based on customer service, price, quality and so on… again your argument holds no weight

Still excusing terrible service and badly planned staffing needs… miss management should not be considered a good excuse for anything!!
as for moving on to something else … fine ok while im excluded from event material on 4 of the 5 paid for accounts due to elitist tasks and the encouragement and requirement for ganking excludes the last… ill go pay for other entertainment while my payments to CCP have been made… and Arcade wont do his job while the threads producer Falcon ignores us. Maybe if i’m not welcome to an event advertised as ‘for all players alpha and omega alike’ when the full challenge cannot be completed by most, i should be refunded my payments until i am welcome to participate in every activity i have paid for the right to access or they have the staff to provide full customer service!..

That is like arguing that all major telecommunications is actually owned by the FBI because they can listen in.

Knock it off with discussing moderation, it’s against the rules.

Also knock it off with making attacks on members of staff and other forum users.

This is the only warning I’ll give.

7 Likes

no.

They deal 120*5.5 per salvo.
so 660 thermal damage.
this means 66 damage with 90% resist.

5.5 is the multiplier of the rat. It represents number of launcherfit multskill mult.

eg if you have 4 launchers and a bonus of 37.5% dps from modules(BCU) then you have effective 5.5 launchers.

also if you want to get your resists, don’t use the fitting values but the show info on the simulated hull.

Do what you must formal complaint has been made of how you are abusing authority and using non CCP alts to attack players who are making constructive posts and Anderson Geten is clearly you and I’m sure that’s not the only one you use!

SUPPORT REQUEST #834937 formal grievance has been submitted…

2 Likes

It’s not like what …
We Capsuleers are the number one threat to mortality. We are doomsday weapons and we are under such control.

Just now in the current boring LORE you are trying to powder brains.

You are logged in - CONCORD is already watching you (this is why you see it in the local player chat).
You docked to the station - CONCORD is already watching you.
You made a deal on the market - you have already watched CONCORD.
Every step you take veksiruet CONCORD.

It’s all spelled out in the old LORE. Just now is the rewriting of this LORE.

P.s I advise you to read about the Directives of CONCORD (which you are unlikely to find right now)
One of them: Concord directive omega-one-five

1 Like

bye bye, you were fun while you lasted :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

After finishing 900 points and getting all rewards, I felt urge to share my viewpoint on this event and this seems like the right place to do so. So here it goes.

TL;DL - this is THE WORST EVENT IN EVE (so far - 23.12.2018)

here is why:
cons:
1, acquiring event points takes forever (it took me 24 hours of game play time in last 3 days with virtually 0 fun or profit) because:

1,1, In destroy missions, changing weapon / ship type after each objective is lengthy and not rewarding for the time it takes. Also if you don’t have certain weapon type trained, you find yourself stuck. See point 3,.

1,2, In mining missions, mixing ore and gas mining is problem because people get stuck on gas mining, see point 3,. Also mixing in killing rats is also problem because gas mining ships don’t have way to deal with rats so you have to reship (to procurer in my case) to kill rats and then reship back to gas mining. Also, in relation to mining and rats, see point 4,.

1,3, In exploration objectives, hacking cans takes insanely long because clusters of them are too close to warp between and too far to MWD between them. So you basically have to wait until they respawn, which takes quite long.

2, You get practically no rewards for acquiring event points - only 3 SKINs and 3 run BPC for somewhat useless new ballistic control system.

3, You can’t reset objectives to get already completed missions for easier event points (for example after DT as it was the case in previous events)

4, Strong cruiser rats. Frigates and battleships are OK, but 600 thermal dps cruiser is way too much. Even with 80% thermal ressist, when i was mining and 2 of these cruisers spawned, I had to run with procurer, reship to combat ship, clear mining (west) site, reship to proc and continue mining (and hope for no further double spawns). In combat (north) sites, they were clustered in groups of 5 and after 3 got in range to hit me, i had to run with gila specifically fit for this event.

5, You get no relevant loot for doing event points - data cans didn’t drop attribute boosters. Only SKINs and combat boosters. Frigates and cruisers, which you kill while mining, don’t drop anything event related. Rewards for event points are just 3 SKINs and 1 ballistic control BPC. If you really wanted some relevant loot (attribute booster BPCs), you have to go kill battleships in combat (north) site. For that, you need specialized ship in which you don’t get any event points for progression.

6, There are 3 objectives (examine east / north / west part of ice giant), which I have no idea how to complete, even after I did all of previously mentioned objectives. Maybe it’s just me but CCP should take this as relevant constructive feedback - 1 description, as in other objectives, would be nice to see, how to finish these 3.

pros:
1, ??? we’ve got new set of cerebral accelerators for a while

8 Likes

Okay…so clicking on ‘info’ on the ship with active module…its 89.6% and not 90%…my bad. But that still doesn’t make up the difference in my seeing 115 dmg per cruiser volley…not the 66 dmg you claim it should be?

1 Like

You have to “Look At” the gates :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pesky Devs using big fancy words like examine, pfft.

2 Likes

This is not a problem or rather a problem that you chose not to solve for yourself and now blame event/devs for it.

Solution is simple: one bookmark that is 160+ km away from every group of hacking nodes, for example, above the room.

2 Likes

This is very temporary solution cus sites are shifting every few hours. At least that’s the case in Black Rise system of Rohama. I bookmark something, come back few hours later and complete Ice Dwarf site shifted away. So I found bookmarks useful only for few hours of continuous play.

1 Like

every DT, not hard to fly straight up (especially if you are MWD) on your first warp-in to make like much easier for whole day.

The good thing is this event is challenging, fun, and it allows me to adapt new skills, like Gas Harvesting…which I’ve been meaning to train for 9 years, and maximized over this event. :stuck_out_tongue: Also, the fact that these beacons didn’t disappear like previous events makes for very convenient access. The event is challenging enough that communities were brought together to process and survive them.

The problems I have with this event, however:
-camera has lost significant functionality, which makes processing the Northern room especially difficult
-the ‘whiteout’ flash upon entry and leaving sites, and the ‘bright white’ nature of rooms in general, is causing me and other players physical real-world headaches
-no one told my colleague, or me, about the ‘border’ surrounding the rooms…so I was a bit surprised when my colleague suddenly exploded when he flew a great distance away from me
-event appears in training systems, which is likely very disheartening to new players who find their early experiences in EVE resulting in abrupt destruction
-compared to Crimson Harvest 2018, the “top” rewards do not appear often enough…(i.e., only in Battleships, which are few in number, and even then, under chance)
-Hacking is absurdly difficult…and not very rewarding for such efforts. There is no reason why any of the nodes should be empty.
-This event was dropped into Singularity for testing and launched only 24 hours later-that’s not enough time to garner and implement feedback addressing things that need to be changed.

6 Likes

Question on this.

In the West room, guys from the exploration room come looking for the Transports, these are spawned/triggered by miners shooting a new rock. Like older events, hacking cans often spawned the Battleships, I wonder if this is also the case here, albeit it appears in a different room.

I am seeing a bug I think is related to this.

Sometimes in local chat, I see the word “trigger.” I haven’t taken the time to see if something occurs when this happens however…

1 Like

It 100% can happen when you trigger the transports in the West room. Sometimes the spam can go on for hours, sometimes no spam.
If anyone gets this trigger chat bug when you hack, then something is being triggered somewhere, my guess, the Battleship.