Event Feedback - The Skilling Spree Returns!

Few years ago they introduced SP for killing single npc as a daily rewards. Then they removed it because it was daily login chore and their own metrics shown it influenced playerbase badly. Spree is the same thing. So what change? They contradicts themselves, but what such bittervet as myself know about it right?

Again, will booster events return? Spree looks like halfassed content to boost PCU.

2 Likes

Still takes much more time than before, since even a level 1 agent might send you 2-3 jumps away and there might be multiple waves of enemies. So that’s still 5-10 minutes per character compared to 1-2 minutes when I could repeat the first tutorial mission or kill a rat in nearest belt if I’m not in highsec. This time, skilling spree might be worth doing on my second and third character on an account who are already past 5 million SP, but I certainly won’t do it on every character like I did previous time.

dont alt then

1 Like

The old PVE events like Rogue drone swarm etc were better. Those events attracted me the most to EVE online as a new player. They were interesting and fun. The skilling spree is just so boring.

14 Likes

Stop giving free sp.
Stop extractors/injectors.

11 Likes

Can we please have events back the wey thery were when i started playing 2.5 years ago?
I still got a bunch of Skins laying around that are now slowly gaining value.
Small but ‘fresh’ feeeling sites.
Accelerators as reward made it feel like a grail hunt farming those.
Good profit and content magnet.

Then you started turning events into a WOW like runaround - fly a circle, shoot rats with this specific gun and worst of all i’d have to mine ore to make accelerators.
How does such tedium fit the concept of an “Event”…?
And skilling spree feels even less like an event. Popping a few rats over the course of a day is almost inevitable so what exactly IS the event? Im more annoyed that one of my alts gets more SP than the next for no reason other than RNGesus said so…

6 Likes

Eh???

6 Likes

Thank you CCP! I don’t know for you all but I love free/easy SP!

7 Likes

Thanks as well CCP. Ignore the bitter vets who only want to complain about walking in deep snow, uphill both ways to school when they were young-- games are different nowadays and speeding things up a bit by encouraging active play is a good bridging strategy.

10 Likes

Hey, so it looks like you need someone to proof read your posts prior to posting so they make sense; for e.g.

Maybe go with “I’d have gone with” or “I would have gone with” but not ‘I’d of’.

Regards,
Scorp Majors

16 Likes

Well, you don’t have to complete the mission, just kill the number of NPC’s and dock up. Next day you’re already in system, rinse and repeat.
You’ll be good for a week.

1 Like

NO RANDOM REWARDS PLEASE
I was so angry with last event because 90% was only 10k sp
It’s sooo unfair.
Please make the same amount of SP per challenge for every person.
I’m always unlucky so i hate lucky rewards.

12 Likes

Terrible, basically just like any ■■■■ hole WoW clone.

Lets do DAILIES, HOW FUN!!!

7 Likes

I appreciate the event, thank you

3 Likes

The statistics show that a few more players will log in during these events, therefore, nobody needs to say anything. It is popular. For the same reason, nobody needed to say anything about the blackout.

3 Likes

Waaaaah-bulance!

I don’t want free experience. With little effort to boot.

So assuming I am attribute optimized and have +5, I would be getting 2700 exp an hour for that skill. But if its a free skill point drop…

X / 2700 = number of free --> HOURS <–
If X =
10,000 = 3 hours, 42 mins
25,000 = 9 hours, 15 mins
50,000 = 18 hours, 30 mins

Hmm, regardless of your opinion…its like you cannot benefit from this event at all to some people. But I bet they like a 2 for the price of one offer or buy X at full price receive another half off if your buying food.

4 Likes

I was just thinking about this today! YES! So happy it’s back!

3 Likes

How long will this event last? Until next Saturday, perhaps?

1 Like

This is really a bad thing. The most boring stuff is back. Kill a npc? Really? Unfortunately, the reward is really good and it will make me do it. So I will spend all the time I have to play to do it on all my alts instead of doing something joyful.
And yes, I can’t resist doing it. Tried that with the dailies in Wow and quit wow several years ago just because of that

3 Likes

Heck yes!!! Skilling spree is so awesome!!!

2 Likes