[EVENT] Joint Moot of Tribal and Federal capsuleer organizations, Saturday 8th, 19:00, Colelie

Where: YC115 Battle of Colelie Memorial, Colelie System, Federal/Republic Border Zone
When: 19:00 on Saturday 8th May YC123, lasting for about 2 hours
What: A Moot to discuss current security concerns affecting the Federation and Republic.
Who: Adult members of the Tribes with connections to the capsuleer community, and in addition Federal citizens with the same, members of Tribal and Federal capsuleer organizations, and allies of said organizations.

More information: a Moot is a place to exchange, discuss and question ideas and to bring up viewpoints to be taken account in decision making. A Moot does not make binding decisions, rather it discusses the grounds on which decisions should be made and holds the decision makers accountable to answering to their people and allies likewise.

In a couple of days it will be eight years since the Events in Colelie, a catastrophic misunderstanding that could have lead to a catastrophic war but did not. I feel it is an appropriate time for us to meet and discuss matters pertaining to another time where tensions run high and the path forward among multiple enemies is unclear.

Present will be at least the following representatives:

@Elsebeth_Rhiannon, for SoERR and Electus Matari
@MantelGlobalIndustries , for Nadire Security Consultants
@Harkon_Thorson , for Ushra’Khan (tentative)
@Aram_Medici , for Congress on Luminaire Republicanism
@Komi_Valentine , for DammFam
@Gustavo_Vaille for Chatelain Auxiliary Response

Please let me know if you or yours are available for adding to that list.

Questions for the representatives can be asked during the event, posted here, or sent to myself privately. SHARING RECORDINGS OF THE EVENT IS NOT ALLOWED, but a recap of key points will be posted in this thread post-event.

OOC info

ISD pls no delete, contains information for players to find the RP mentioned in this and how to conduct it.

The channel this will be played on is called Colelie Memorial. It is used to simulate a memorial hall on a public structure in the Colelie system.

This is a purely chat RP event. Events to happen in space are not planned by the organizers (though we of course will not stop anyone else from having some!). For immersion, you can fly to Colelie and talk on local too, but this is not required. Keep the chat channel completely in-character; separate channel for OOC commentary and questions will be provided.

If chat RP events are new to you, Lasairiona Raske has written a short guide with “survival tips” for them. You can find it here: Lasa's Guide to Party RP

EVE is a PEGI-13 game and this is a public event. Keep adult content out.

This guide Elsey's RP Event Principles details things like how to create a fun event for your fellow players even when your characters are enemies, and how to resolve physical contact if it e.g. occurs to you you might want to punch that triglover / meddling fed / tribal barbarian in the face, or suddenly kiss them.

The request to not share recordings is also OOC. You can tell other people of the event, but I would ask logs not to be shared. I realize I cannot stop anyone and nothing in the Moot is considered secret or opsec, but my wish is that people and especially those new to RP can RP freely without having to be self-conscious about it ending up all over the interwebs.

17 Likes

I plan on making the journey for the moot, acting as the representative for the Congress on Luminaire Republicanism. I also commend Electus Matari and SoERR for organizing such a needed conference.

7 Likes

I have added you to the list of representatives present. Welcome.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I will be occupied by the Anger Games. But I will try and see if I can come by.

2 Likes

I will try to make my bi-yearly appearance around people happen at this time.

2 Likes

Following a call from our leadership, it would be a great honor to represent DammFam as a member of the Vherokior tribe at this board.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I already have scheduled a number of meetings with government leadership from various member states of the Kiartanne Federal district around this time and day. My thanks goes out to you, Captain Rhiannon, for organizing such a gathering. I remember too well the dark day that happened some eight years ago. Never again should forces united by the fight for justice and freedom come at odds on the battlefield. I hope that the meeting is productive. I may decide to submit some questions I would like brought up at a later point in time.

Country, People, Democracy. Plus Forts Ensemble.

3 Likes

I did take a part in that “incident” as a part of the famous ECM fleet lead by Grideris. Unfortunately, at this moment I cannot tell will I be able to participate in the memorial.

1 Like

@Gustavo_Vaille for Chatelain Auxiliary Response
@Vellenja_Naaru for Chatelain Auxiliary Response

Of course I will be there. I was expecting this, so I was prepared and had a few openings in my schedule.

1 Like

To be clear for everyone: you do not need a representative to come or talk in a Moot. If you qualify for entrance - are an adult member of the Tribes or a Federal citizen with ties to the capsuleer community, or a member of a Federal or Tribal capsuleer organization - you can come and you can talk.

Representatives should be prepared to give a short commentary on what they consider the pressing issues for their organizations, the tribes, or the Federation, and to answer any questions and concerns by participants. We take named representatives from Tribal and Federal capsuleer organizations.

5 Likes

As an answer to another FAQ: the memorial should be open to audience again at 21:00. If the Moot participants want to keep on talking about things after that is possible, but the formal part will end then.

THIS IS TODAY.

1 Like

Forgive the lack of participation, but I believe the term Representative holds a gravitas in the Federation the majority are unwilling to bear.

I look forward to reviewing the faithfully reported summary.

2 Likes

I am terribly sorry if I have by using that term and how it translates made implications that are not culturally appropriate or imply larger power than is implied. Moots are very rarely organized in a multinational environment and I have limited experience even from multitribal or tribewide ones.

The word that here translates as ‘representative’ is in its original form [translator: Standard Matari > Sebiestor > representative, envoy, mouthpiece, spokesperson, linkman between clans].

3 Likes
OOC info

ISD pls no delete, contains information for players to find the RP mentioned in this and how to conduct it.

The channel this will be played on is called Colelie Memorial. It is used to simulate a memorial hall on a public structure in the Colelie system.

This is a purely chat RP event. Events to happen in space are not planned by the organizers (though we of course will not stop anyone else from having some!). For immersion, you can fly to Colelie and talk on local too, but this is not required. Keep the chat channel completely in-character; separate channel for OOC commentary and questions will be provided.

If chat RP events are new to you, Lasairiona Raske has written a short guide with “survival tips” for them. You can find it here: Lasa's Guide to Party RP

EVE is a PEGI-13 game and this is a public event. Keep adult content out.

This guide Elsey's RP Event Principles details things like how to create a fun event for your fellow players even when your characters are enemies, and how to resolve physical contact if it e.g. occurs to you you might want to punch that triglover / meddling fed / tribal barbarian in the face, or suddenly kiss them.

The request to not share recordings is also OOC. You can tell other people of the event, but I would ask logs not to be shared. I realize I cannot stop anyone and nothing in the Moot is considered secret or opsec, but my wish is that people and especially those new to RP can RP freely without having to be self-conscious about it ending up all over the interwebs.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.