[EVENT] Operation Starfall - Kahah

I am slowly growing tired of the constant cowardice of capsuleers who want to do good but don’t dare.

“Oh no , don’t attack the big mean Amarr, you’l never make iiiiiiiiiit~”

Well why are you even bothering with any of this then? Do you really think it’s good enough to just save one or two slaves and let the slavers have the rest unchallenged? If so, please get out. Go move to the Federation. Start a research corp. Join ARC. Go do market things. Whatever. Just don’t fight if you’re not willing to fight when it matters.

But when there is a planet full of our people being slowly massacred, you’re content with a few freighters? What were you fighting for if you don’t think the Empire can be stopped? You mayaswell give up, ms Vess.

People seem to believe that armed force is pointless. Respectfully, if that is truly so, then we may aswell stop all resistance, because plainly we’ve already lost.

Make no mistake, our struggle has always been an armed one, and those who are only content to smuggle out the occasional industrial, while helpful, are never going to resolve this conflict permanently.

That is only going to come about with guns, and in that respect, events like these are an excellent test, both of character, and of strength.

If it is true that there is no way we can ever stand up to an empire like the Khanid, I’d rather test it and find out, because if that’s true there are a lot of things that need rethinking. I, at least, never got into this just to smuggle out the occasional slave. I am in this to liberate our people. All of them. If that isn’t possible, that’d be good to know.

But at least so far it seems that we are capable of fielding fleets, and we are capable of waging a war, and if it wern’t for Concord getting in the way, who knows where we would be by now? The Amarr and their Khanid pets have never been what anyone sane should be worried about. That’s a massive obstacle to be sure, but one that may be overcome.

We should have gotten a fleet into Kahah much sooner, that is my real objection. The Khanid have been free to commit untold atrocities while our kin stood by, too busy with the warzone to pay any attention to the suffering of the people they would call brothers and sisters. That is quite frankly unforgivable. Even if the fight may have been pointless, it is our duty and obligation to try.

Because if we can just sit by and let our people be slaughtered, how can we call ourselves any kind of freedom fighter?

I am extremely grateful for everyone who has lent their aid, their charity, their industrials. Hell, I’ve mostly piloted an industrial in Kahah myself. But in the end, industrials will not resolve this crisis. The only hope for that, however slim, lies in armed force. The Khanid are not going to listen to reason, after all, so the only hope we had of doing anything more then saving a minority lay in fleet action.

That option is sadly long gone, too much time has passed, but even so, it is a good thing to try. And those of you who would call themselves true freedom fighters would do well to stand with their people instead of standing on the sidelines, tutting like a spoiled holder and telling Chakaid he is a bad boy.

1 Like