[Event] The way forward

And just who in this meeting are you accusing beforehand of being a two-faced charlatan?

1 Like

Outside points of view.

Our Federation allies have fought for us and supported us. And in particular, I expect Intaki capsuleers can sympathize quite closely with us.

Meanwhile, if you went strictly by race rather than political views, youā€™d be condoning the participation of many Empire-aligned capsuleers merely because they are of Matari descent, which does rather feel like the opposite aim here.

1 Like

Kin is kin. Blood is blood.

1 Like

The Intaki Diaspora, by my understanding, was founded out of necessity for self sufficiency in the wake of the Intaki Prime crisis when offers for outside aid were both laden with ulterior motives andā€¦ subsequently failed to produce results. This isnā€™t uncommon for the Intaki. Iā€™m not a signatory of the Diaspora, but I speak with experience in that we Intaki share the same wariness the Minmatar do from our respective experiences.

That in mind, I can speak with relative assurance that if Miss Vynneve, as a delegate of the Diaspora, is wanting to become involved, it is because they want to listen and consider - nothing more. If an offer of assistance comes after that, know that it is coming from the same Intaki I just described, and vouch for; that it will be with the Republic in mind and little else.

ā€¦ To add weight to my claimsā€¦ Please remember it was non-Matari that came to assist in the issues that you were facing on the border in Kurniainen that fateful day, asking nothing in returnā€¦

4 Likes

Itā€™s never that simple.

Iā€™m curious.

What about the press? Iā€™d love to cover it. Your people can, of course, look at any story before we publish to correct or clarify any observation before we print. We also wouldnā€™t want to risk any lives due to divulging privileged information.

Might be a good look into the state of the Matari Freedom Fighters. In fact, Iā€™d love to discuss focusing our next issue on just that.

But I digressā€¦

Iā€™d be honored and privileged to see the behind the scenes of the elite capsuleers of Matar.

1 Like

I didnā€™t think it possible but I think I found someone even more clueless than I am about all of this.

4 Likes

It actually is though.

3 Likes

Even if they donā€™t speak they can still listen and observe, and in doing so gain a better understanding of their allies. I freely admit that there is much for me to learn about the people of the Republic, and I treasure any opportunity I am given to expand my understanding of their cultures, traditions, and customs. Through increasing my understanding, I may contribute to the Republicā€™s cause in a more productive manner than if I simply blundered forward in ignorance.

Absolutely no one. Setting aside the fact that I was explaining why recording someone without their consent is not necessarily a bad thing, I donā€™t know anyone who will be present at this meeting even remotely well enough to make such judgments about their character, and if I gave you the impression I was doing so then I can only apologize.

Or at least it should be. I was fortunate enough to grow up with wonderful parents and siblings, but Iā€™ve seen people who treat their flesh and blood in utterly disgraceful ways, and personally know others who have been just as good to me as my own biological family. As a wise (and sassy) old lady once told me: ā€œThe bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each otherā€™s life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.ā€

She was right. The best kind of family is the one united by mutual respect and love rather than blood alone.

1 Like

I was just asking. It never hurts to ask.

No press coverage. Those present can (and are encouraged to) share the views they arrive to afterwards, of course - the dissemination of views and consensus is the point.

I will have to think about the outsider organizations. Say Villore Accords or Intaki organizations asking to have representatives in a Minmatar meeting rings wrong to me; yet Iā€™m not inclined to completely deny access to allied individuals outside of the tribes. Does this make sense to everyone?

Should Matari participant be too uncomfortable with outside access I shall limit it, of course. It is of paramout importance we can speak without performing.

Will go through the requests properly later today, sorry about the delay.

6 Likes

As an individual, as we are not focusing on making defined solutions and are more focused on discussion, my personal thought would be inclusion of allies would be beneficial. I do believe that having outside voices when it is appropriate would shed light and possibly give us a more broad view of the options we have with regards to those who sympathize with our current situations.

4 Likes

I would ask to be invited to the meeting however it does conflict with my schedule. Elsebeth, please let me know how it goes, this does intrigue me.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m expecting of this event, but Iā€™m expecting this is not supposed to be a spectacle for everyone to ogle. So yes, no press, no hidden cameras, no nothing. I suppose we canā€™t yank out cybernetic eyes, and canā€™t really make sure those are not recording, but if possible Iā€™d hope everyone respects this request.

Makes sense to me, as I am a bit wary of this as well. I think, if a fellow matari vouches for certain individuals, that is, they are putting their reputation on the line for them, then we should honor their trust in those people. I wonā€™t deny that there are individuals not yet named that would make my skin crawl, but Iā€™d still respect the wishes of the majority.

4 Likes

I should have had you on the list without specific request! Iā€™m so sorry for the oversight.

Far from my intention to hog what should be strictly a Matari discussion so Iā€™ll be brief and this will be my last intervention in this thread.

Maybe I should have clarified in my original request that my intent was to attend the Standing Place as an observer. This should address @Cain_Alogaā€™s concerns. That I didnā€™t state this reflects my understanding of the terms of the announcement which already include comments from tribal organisations and a Q&A session with pre-vetted questions. I would have hoped to fall under free mingling, communication and other allies (though admittedly the original reference could be read as other Minmatar allies). For these reasons I still donā€™t see the need for any explicit compromise to restrict outsidersā€™ speaking rights, but I would not be put off by it.

In that vein, I appreciate @Astaire_Quatrevauxā€™s sentiment that my presence could contribute an outside view, but I donā€™t expect my view to be particularly helpful. Iā€™d be there to listen and learn. Ulkyyrama @Nomistrav gets it exactly right.

Now, to address @Elsebeth_Rhiannonā€™s concerns, by presenting myself as a representative of Diaspora I declare my intent to share with my confederates back home what I hear and learn at the Standing Place. That could have been assumed to happen in any case but it is explicit. Whether that is a problem I leave to the judgement of our gracious host.

Finally let me say that, if anyone thinks the latest events in the Minmatar/Amarr warzone are a merely local concern, I fear they will be proven wrong in short order to the cost of us all across New Eden.

3 Likes

My main concern when I expressed my doubts was summed up by Elsebeth in the following quote:

@Nomistrav, I will never forget those that helped on that day, and they have my eternal gratetude. This however isnā€™t about ā€œhelpā€. There needs to be an open and frank discussion between Matari capsuleers and my worry was that the inclusion of foreigners would impede that.

That said, I am less concerned about individuals coming to observe, so in that vain @Valerie_Vynneve and other vouched for individuals are welcomed, at least by me.

As I said before the ultimate decision is with Elsebeth.

I think that it would be an excellent idea for House Sarum to begin its Full Reclaiming of Floseswin IV before the scheduled date, so that if the delegates need a break from their cocktails, mingling, and fornication they might gaze out the windows of their Citadel for a while, there to see entire fleet groups of slave ships ā€” enough Bestowers to blot out the sun ā€” carrying our people away to hundreds of generations of unrequited servitude in the fields, factories, and mines of Holy Amarr.

May the Full Reclaiming of Floseswin IV come quickly. Amen. Amarr Victor.

Meh.

I do want to point out that Astaire is attending on my behalf, so he would be speaking. Apart from myself, he also has the backing of Clan Licei and the Karaya-Ya Circle, and proof of this can be provided along private channels.

Also, my support of Valerie Vynneveā€™s attendance still holds.

1 Like

I appreciate the interest of the Intaki, Miss Vynneve. Itā€™s nice to be reminded that my old friends are still pursuing the greater good. However, I think the atmosphere is fairly clear now in what is preferred. If weā€™re wanted, theyā€™ll call on us.

1 Like