[Event] The way forward

I am tempted, you know, just to say that if you assume no foreigners are welcome, let’s just make it so, then, because sure, it is fine with me.

But I suggest instead kindly that you just wait until we formulate a policy on this.

I do not know what the hell is the problem with people these days, that they think and assume and jump to conclusions all the time. That is not how I was brought up. You talk and listen and yes, maybe quarrel and argue and yell, but you do those things before you assume anything about your allies and rivals.

Also, last I checked, you were a member of Unitas Nusquam Est, Captain Nomistrav, an organization which is on the cleared-list. Am I to assume this is about to change, if you feel you need a separate call?

1 Like

None of that was meant to be disrespectful, Else. It was not condescending, if that’s how you read it. Intaki consider - we don’t assume. We understand that this is a Republic matter, and I consider that a Republic matter it shall remain for the time being.

No.

1 Like

Ok, good people, clarifications:

On the nature of this gathering

This is not a high-level summit to make decisions or formulate joint statements. This is Matari gathering to hear and share views, opinions, and concerns. It will be chaired, yes, but it is very unlikely to be quiet and orderly. Asking a Federal born and raised person on my staff who has seen these things done how to describe it to others of his kind, he said, “kind of like an Ask-Me-Anything with a somewhat unruly audience”.

The goal of such gatherings is not to arrive to a forced consensus, though sometimes consensus arises. Yelling matches are also not the goal of such a gathering, but neither is it a catastrophe if they they occur. Knowing what people think, what ideas they have, how they feel, and answering questions they have is the goal. If there are strong feelings, knowing that there are strong feelings is important.

And then we go back to our own groups and allies and clans and circles, and we share what we learned, and we think of what we want to do, and who looks like an ally or a rival, and we see if there are points that were not shared and addressed, and then we either decide on a plan, or more likely than not, have more talks.

Yes, foreigners sometimes say the Minmatar talk endlessly. But how else do Chiefs know what their people think?

Who can attend?

We have talked about this between myself and the hosts.

“Other Minmatar loyalist capsuleers and allies.” This stands. If you are an ally of someone already invited, and they vouch for you, also foreigners can come. We will draw the line to Amarr loyalists though, so please don’t try and rules-lawyer a Minmatar chief.

I will edit the access list accordingly when I can spare the time.

4 Likes

Makes sense to me. As Mlle Vynneve said, my personal intent was also to attend as an observer from GMVA. Not to “represent” in the sense of pushing an agenda on our part, but simply to be present in solidarity. Additionally, I should add that there has been significant concern about increased Amarr aggression among the baseline Minmatar personnel serving in GMVA’s armed space and surface forces as well as our civilian employees. I understand many of them are keenly interested in the outcome of this event.

Take all the time needed to come to a decision. I support and respect whatever determination is made, without reservation.

2 Likes

Hm.

I should likely not be included on the invitation.

1 Like

Oh for the love of gods.

Do with it what you will but I am not going to take your name off that list, either.

2 Likes

Except that you are.

1 Like

How about we call the line ‘loyalists to the regime of Catiz I’?

(In other words: Stars, Sami, stop being difficult.)

1 Like

How about we just call it case-by-case…

1 Like

So when I said individuals that would make my skin crawl? I meant Samira, for one. Also, I blame resurrection sickness for not noticing her on the list sooner.

But if most of you want her there, then who am I to argue.

This might be exaggeration, but I personally feel that a woman who carries the Sebiestor Mark, is declared an enemy of the Amarr Empire, and has a stake in this war, is definitely someone who should be there.

Maybe so. Her speaking on behalf of the Reclaiming, and New Eden’s unity under one God makes me uneasy though, to put it lightly.

2 Likes

You and me both. But if I only invited those I already know agree with me, it’d be the most boring Standing Place ever.

2 Likes

I… Very much doubt that in this case it’ll be boring no matter who attends. I bet I could set up an argument just between myself.

But, as said, I’m fine with her being there (despite my reservations) if she wishes to come.

1 Like

Ask a question, get a response. Thank you, very much!

2 Likes

Elsebeth

It pleases me greatly to see you have not lost your bite.

Had i received word about this happening in time, i would have been there
but i sure hope … if i can get current qualified in those modern spaceships
of today after all those technical changes they made in the past years then i may show up at the next similar occation.

Fly Safe!

Zoolkhan
U’K Admiral Retired
Northern Matar

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, Zoolkhan.

This was quite the ex tempore thing. As it was put elsewhere, our house is on fire, the firetrucks are not coming, and now armed men are approaching the front gate. Our lines of loyalty and trust are in shambles. Starting to talk sooner rather than waiting for a more coordinated effort seemed prudent.

I doubt this will the last one of these gatherings that we’ll need, though. Looking forward to seeing you again;

Else

4 Likes

Invitation list has been updated. I did not knowingly reject anyone who is not a journalist wanting to cover the thing, so if you are missing it is my mistake and please ask again.

Some additional information here.

1 Like

I’d like to request an invite as an individual.

1 Like

This is starting to happen now.

(( Use ingame channel “Tribal Wheelhouse”. ))

1 Like