[Event] The way forward

Spectacular event, Elsebeth. Thank you.

6 Likes

Nobody died. I’d mark that down as a success.

7 Likes

I’d like to thank everyone who asked good, solid questions about things tonight. There was a lot of thoughtful opinions offered, and I hope people can express more in the future.

8 Likes

Thanks for the almost 30 people who could show up on this short notice. I heard things I needed to hear and I feel I have a better understanding of the common ground and differences we have, making re-entry to the Republic space if not exactly easier, then at least, well, more informed.

I will post some of my own remarks tomorrow. Right now I am beat.

5 Likes

Well, nothing got decided (this is a misconception a number of people apparently got), and I didn’t rightly expect any agreements to form either.

Was nice to see so many people make the effort to come to the place in person. Would have been nice if some of those people would also respect traditions they claim to fight for.

I am similarly mentally exhausted, maybe I can get something more coherent out after some rest.

5 Likes

Great event, I’m glad I could attend.

2 Likes

Ushra’Khan were very rude.

The rest was fine.

1 Like

I’m glad I was able to attend. There is certainly much to consider.

3 Likes

Well, they were getting bombarded with questions, not that I added to that…

:smirk:

3 Likes

We were on our best behaviour, not many people whom have seen us rude still have the body from that day to tell the tale. I have not even hit anyone. What do you want ladies

zoolkhan

4 Likes

Well Harkon’s not much of an Angel fan, and who can blame him?

1 Like

This is true.

To be clear, again, I did not and I will not participate in gatherings like that to decide on a plan, to enforce a stance, or to stage a debate that can we “won”. Such things happen best in private. Big gatherings are for hearing and sharing. Then we take what we’ve learned, and we use it elsewhere.

To decide wisely one must know what people think, but decisions are still made in the councils and by the chiefs and commanders they belong to.

During to moot, several questions of “woud we willing to consider doing…” were asked (and answered). These were not plans yet, though; they were ideas (and information on what is possible). I appreciate everyone who put forward something to consider.

There is no general Minmatar capsuleer council or coalition and as far as EM is considered, there will not be. We hear and share, but we make our own decisions. I am pretty sure U’K thinks the same way.

3 Likes

Elsebeth,

Perhaps we could arrange a time for you to bring me up to speed of what was discussed, it was unfortunate but I couldnt make it. Really wanted to be there.

Lit

Feel free to send me a private line any time I’m connected (that goes for everyone else too). I have precious little time for face-to-face meetings, I’m afraid.

There will probably be more of these gatherings, too.

Alright. Ok, I’ll just come right out and say it:

Sure, there was booze, but nobody offered us drugs. Nuffin’. Not even a drag on a roach. S’all I’m sayin’. :wink:

2 Likes

If that was your best behaviour, then that is pretty sad. Half the U’K members were drunk off their arses before the moot even started and once underway, couldn’t even respect the concept of turns to speak let alone traditions. Not that you were the only ones having problems with that, mind you, but by far the worst offenders.

So, what do I want? If you plan to attend in the future, don’t drink yourself comatose, and try to act like decent human beings at least for a couple of hours.

1 Like

My thanks to Pol Macslieb and the Heska Clan for their sense of hospitality.
The organization of such a meeting, and dealing with the strong and/or vocal opinions here and there, is no small feat.

If my memories are correct, Lomong was expected to speak when the meeting was first announced. I was curious about her words, and hope to hear them next time.

6 Likes

This is correct. Other duties kept her away, same as they kept away a lot of EM and pulled away Harkon in the end. These are the realities we live with.

There will definitely be a next time, though. And some valuable things about applying a intra-clan process to a multi-national capsuleer audience were learned…

3 Likes

Then go to a Gallente Town Hall debate with other “civilized” people, don’t attend a moot.

If you can’t take the heat, get out of the tribal hall. We’re not holding tea parties.

2 Likes

Please avoid doing this “my clan’s ways are the true Matari ways, your clan’s ways are humbug” thing.

We really, really, really do not have the time for that ■■■■■■■■ right now.

4 Likes