Everyone constantly trying to be the funny guy/centre of attention?

lol, I’ll give you two hints:

1. horde
  2. the bulk of test went to horde

A self-reinforcing culture of mediocre crap flingers, usually hitting themselves.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

More people need to troll groups like Horde. it’s where all the worst sorts of carebears fled to after James 315 liberated highsec. They’ve called me some unsavory names too.

At least Carlos is shining some light on the problem. That’s the first step towards fixing it.

What are you doing to improve the community, Wes?

Ok, I’ll give you some of that attention you so desperately crave.

Good. I don’t give a Fedo’s Flank if you are disrespected.

Ok you cheeky minx, you. Well…though as I said I think that’s one of the few things one probably shouldn’t do in EvE, at least you would do it with the sort of dark panache you bring to EvE.

So wait

If you die in the game, you die in RL?

What gives you the right to say “what is acceptable and what isn’t”?

Communities determine behavioral standards. If you fail to meet them, or are incapable of doing so, you will not be welcomed by said community. This is just how social interaction works. If you do things people don’t like–those people don’t like you. What a big brain thought eh?

People have absolutely no obligation to accept you. If you give them reason not to–they won’t. Shocker.

Please remember that at the end of the day, this is a game.

I think you should remember that, actually. The community in a game has a bridge to real life. Everyone playing is a real live human. So, just chill out and remember that this game, and those kills specifically, are not important whatsoever. Putting them above the real life side of an event like that makes you look terrible, and people will ostracize you. And you will have earned that.

have called me a horrible human being because I killed some cyno ships. I don’t think that’s fair at all, there is a line between the game and RL.

That’s because you made them think you are a horrible human being, based on the actions you choose to perform and the context you choose to perform them in. Remember when I said that your actions would make you look terrible? Well, this is what happens when you look terrible.

This is called “actions have consequences.” You should get used to it, because it is how things work on the planet called “Earth.”

It is your responsibility to ensure proper security at the vigil.

I agree, actually. And I would add that in the same way, your actions are your responsibility, and people have every right to choose to hold you accountable for them. Doesn’t matter if you get stopped or you succeed. What matters is what you choose to do.

TL;DR: it’s your rep. If you choose to ruin it, then fair. But don’t whine about it–you chose that.

4 Likes

Here’s the thing, I don’t care. I don’t need your approval or validation, I don’t care if random strangers on the internet hate me.

They can think whatever they want about me this is fine. But don’t you think it makes them look like hypocrites? All this outrage and them saying I was disrespectful by attacking the vigil, but isn’t calling people subhuman very disrespectful?

People have every right to hold us accountable for our actions? Bring it on. Come and try ganking our mining ops, or bashing our structures. Fort Thunder has been online for a couple of weeks now, and Horde is no stranger to bashing citadels so come and kick over our sandcastles if you think we need to pay. TSOTH does not bow to any nullsec power, we don’t abide by your customs and traditions. We’re not here to play the game the way you want us to play it.

1 Like

Here’s the thing, I don’t care. I don’t need your approval or validation, I don’t care if random strangers on the internet hate me.

Then what the hell is this thread? Stop whining about it if you “don’t care” so much. Honestly lol why is it always those who “don’t care” who make the most noise about the things they “don’t care” about.

You made this thread my guy. You do care, or you would not have done that.

But don’t you think it makes them look like hypocrites? All this outrage and them saying I was disrespectful by attacking the vigil, but isn’t calling people subhuman very disrespectful?

No, not really. You disrespected what was, for them, a serious occasion. Of course they don’t respect you. Why would they? You intentionally threw that away.

They’re just judging you on the merit of your actions. If you don’t like it, change your actions. If you “don’t care,” then stop talking about it.

People have every right to hold us accountable for our actions? Bring it on. Come and try ganking our mining ops, or bashing our structures. Fort Thunder has been online for a couple of weeks now, and Horde is no stranger to bashing citadels so come and kick over our sandcastles

No one even said anything about blowing your ■■■■ up in game. Holding someone accountable for their behavior can be as simple as just blacklisting them and going about your business. All it means is that people may choose how they act towards you based on what you do. There’s no big secret to it.

But yeah, what system? I’m not in Horde so idfk what “Fort Thunder” is lol

3 Likes

Dude what? Carlos is shining some light on the problem? By shooting vigil cynos and then whining in the forum that he isn’t the center of attention anymore, and then by posting even more about how he doesn’t care so much he made an entire thread about it? He’s the good guy? Ok.

3 Likes

You forget this game is a dystopia filled with alot of scum. The “community” has broken down. It’s more like tribes in New Eden all fighting for power. It’s a great RP angle and it’s the sad reality in New Eden.

I just can’t stand to see you and Horde cyberbullying the poor guy when all he did was blap an unlicensed hauler. Any EVE player worthy of the name would do the same.

:crazy_face:

I don’t need to be funny to be the center of attention :wink:

2 Likes

Do you not see the inherent unfairness in your statement? You think I should respect them while saying it’s fine for them not to respect me. Sorry but I was brought up to believe respect works both ways.

What if I said that I thought cyno vigils were wrong and by attacking one I was just judging Horde on the merit of their actions? Would you say that if they don’t like it they should change their actions by not holding any vigils, or stop complaining that I attacked one?

That’s not why I did it btw, I’m just making a point to show how very flawed your argument is there. I don’t actually think cyno vigils are wrong, I attacked because there was lots of easy targets, no more and no less. It was nothing personal. If you’re holding a vigil you need to be prepared to defend it. Unlike some games where you can only be attacked in certain parts of the map or have to flag yourself for combat, in EVE if you are undocked you can be attacked at any time. I think this is a good thing, it makes the game more exciting. But of course it also means that events like a vigil can be attacked. It’s your responsibility to ensure you have proper security in place for that vigil.

Some people have suggested there should be an actual rule added to the EULA that you can’t attack vigils. I don’t agree, because that would make it easy for any alliance whose strategically important system is under attack to buy more time by just pretending someone had died and declaring the vigil was to be held in that system, and now all of a sudden you’re not allowed to attack people in that system for a while.

It’s more that everyone is trying to be the centre of attention all the time now. It felt different in the old days, like in local chat or corp/alliance comms there would usually be that one guy who was trying to take all the attention or joking around. And because it was just one or maybe two, it could be quite amusing and didn’t feel excessive. But these days if you try to be the funny guy in local, you always get at least a dozen people jumping in and trying to do the same and I just don’t think it works when that happens. We can’t have everyone being the centre of attention, it just results in massive noise.

And that young lady is no surprise

You’re over thinking it. The key is to bounce off of each others jokes/funny convo, I literally remember rolling around on the floor laughing when their were a few guys in chat entertaining. Everyone should aim to simply be one of the funny guys.

At my local comedy club they usually have one comedian on the stage, and everyone knows it’s his turn to be funny, and the other jokers wait their turn in a queue.

Once someone else tried to jump on the stage and tell their own jokes, but it was very difficult to know what was going on because there were two jokes at once and I can only understand one at a time. Eventually, the police had to come and they arrested the second guy, even though I testified at his trial that he was the funnier one it was true the other guy got on the stage first.

You could try asking people to take turns telling jokes in local, and if that doesn’t work you can always report the latecomers and get them banned.

If you’re aware it’s a vigil and you still attack that’s ■■■■■■■■. there’s no way a game is more important than someone dying in real life.

• unspoken and unwritten rules to live by.

I have written about undermining unspoken rules. Did it for 3.8 years in my incursion career. There is real scum in EVE online. Murderers, thieves, literally people who want to watch New Eden burn. What happens in a videogame should be separated from real life.

If you’re so angry come and fight my ship in New Eden, hire people to blow my ship/assets up. DO SOMETHING about it. No? I’ll go enjoy my billions of ISK doing the corrosive actions I do strictly in the relm of EVE and New Eden. Not real life as it needs to be spelt out.

:sunglasses: :moneybag:

2 Likes

People hate happy people.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.