Eves Sound and UI changes - Great Job

1. I like that you can override the world sound now and just listen to the classic Eve-O music and Aura. Well focused and well improved and it makes Eves visuals much easier to pay attention to. Great Job. Love this change. It got me listening to Eve-O music and sound after a decade of silence. I know it’d be shoe horned in, but maybe add that song from Fanfest: Bring on the Wrecking Machine. I think that’s old and popular enough to be considered a classic.

2. Love that you can bulk buy 2 years of Eve. Makes bulk purchases easier to justify. Could we see that bulk buy increased to 4 years, then 8 years (A double on a double on something already doubled)?

3. The UI is well improved. Not as confusing to get through. Not only have you improved that UI side bar years ago, but that Escape menu is now navigable and understandable. Didn’t realize how much it needed improving until it was improved. Props to you.

Nothing in the ESC menu was changed. things were only moved around and reordered, and you now need to scroll to see all the options instead of just look sideways to see ALL the options. Slider bars are now even harder to hit because they are more spaced out but still extremely narrow. Same goes for checkboxes. It requires much more mouse movement to do the same things than the old ESC menu. And with all these and many more newly introduced faults, it’s a perfect addition to Photon: Same stuff moved around illogically and requires more work to do the same as before. Just perfect.

2 Likes

things were only moved around and reordered, and you now need to scroll to see all the options instead of just look sideways to see ALL the options

Was it conceivable that CCP moved moved and reordered the check boxes to make them easier to find and even know they were there? Is mouse movement quantifiable? Size and accuracy are, though CCP could fix that assuming the mouse wheel we all have stops working. Only then the mouse wheel not working would matter assuming we’re apart of an infinitesimal minority of players that religiously insists on using some crazy/old mouse. Then again technology could solve that with implants in the brain. Though, being opposed to that level of accommodation would make you such a minority that a court would probably exempt CCP from making that level of accommodation.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.