[Excubitoris Chapter] Duty and Service to Amarr

And which organization would that be? I’m not a part of any of the Lux entities.

If you really believe that every egger knows and understands what that means, you should pay more attention to certain allies of yours.

Wow, it’s almost like you’re not even reading. After all, I only said exactly the opposite of what you’re arguing against.

So, you scold me for patronizing you and treating you as ignorant. While you talk about my organization, and my Amarrian cocktail parties. Maybe if you don’t want to be treated as ignorant, you should try not being ignorant.

I’m not a member of Lux. I’m not in LUMEN, Electus, or any other Lux-affiliated group. Nor have I ever been a member of any of those groups. I’m currently a member of a small corp that does some mining and some industry, and I mostly do freight hauling these days. And I’m Minmatar. The last ‘Amarrian cocktail party’ I was at, I got arrested while leaping from table to table, as I’m sure Aldrith well-remembers, since I’d broken into the estate to get there.

And no, the war against Sansha is not ongoing. The war against Sansha Kuvakei ended almost a hundred years ago in his presumed death. The renewed raiding and incursions of the last decade are, in fact, another new condition. And in that war, btw? All four empires were officially allied, so if the war hadn’t ended, then they’d still be allied.

As to the state of my liver… first, I do try to take care of it these days, unlike the pickled livers suffered by many of my previous iterations. Beyond that… really, kid, you gotta address that ignorance problem.

Darkness surrounds everything.
Silence drowns out the stars.
There is no warmth, no cold.
To be cold, it first must be.

A million million suns
cannot provide the day.
Unending night
cannot bring sleep.

Time ceases to be
when now is all, all is now.
burning. Burning forever.
Death lights the way.

The great beasts
herald the end.
Gods and monsters
shall follow the storm.

The heavens split
with the sounding of the gjallarhorn
the dragon endures
and all is whiteness

fire unending
white hot white cold
what is lost is nothing
what remains, begins again

the dragon dies,
the dragon endures
defeat from victory
and nothing changes

That day has become only a lesser slaughter in my history. When you have seen bloodletting on the scale that I have seen, perhaps you can comment about sneering at millions dying.

1 Like

As the accounts I referred to belonged to neither of the two principles I mentioned, I really doubt there was much concern about individualistic legend-building.

More wine! :wine_glass:

2 Likes

Doubt all you like, but your doubt will not change the fact that neither of the people to whom you refer were ever the “biggest reason” for a PIE rebound. I don’t think any one person at any point in our history deserves such a label, it has always been a group effort.

I am honored and humbled to serve with the many Amarr in the Chapter who have consistently chosen service to the Sacred Throne above all other ambitions and goals.

3 Likes

During the invasions there were plenty of capsuleers who sat on their hands despite having a way to contribute. Now there is no way to do anything about it, and people want to fight. I would consider both of those forms of thinking more limited than the other way around. If I am guilty of limited thinking, then it was forgetting not to converse with Arrendis.

We are entirely in agreement when it comes to that subject, which is why I participated in the burning of the traitor capsuleer-owned structures as a ceptor pilot. In fact I was somewhat saddened that no one informed me that this was happening until Miss Jenneth invited me along towards the end of the campaign. However, that was then, and this is now. And the reality of the now is that no one has thus far managed to explain how continued operations will result in the liberation of the occupied stations and planets. If such an explanation did come forth, I would be joining fleets, and encouraging others to do so, instead of questioning their existence, as the extermination of this threat is in everyone’s interest.

2 Likes

It has much more to do with them reliably standing against Electus Matari without any consideration for other entanglements. They are also a weaker party in most contexts and cannot directly threaten his interests in any meaningful way.

1 Like

Yeah, that doesn’t sound at all contradictory to ‘pliable flunkies’.

2 Likes

It is not.

Nor to “fools,” my lord.

The flaws in a Kybernaut’s character do not change the facts as they stand for us.

Nor do the flaws in hostile heathens and apostates for you, I suppose.

“For us?”

Which us do these thieves of worlds stand for, good my lord?

Learn how to read Jenneth, for maker’s sake, this is a public forum.

And how to write, for that matter.

The psychotic adversarial signaling is getting really old, by the way. Very embarrassing for you and yours.

Haha! Oh, I’m well aware, Malitia-hnolku. And thank you for reminding me of the debt I owe to you and yours.

Remind me again when my present business is concluded? I’m busy, and bad at grudges, but I’m sure I can rely on you.

Is this an attempt to weaponize second-hand embarrassment?

If so, it’s very successful, I am compelled to stop talking to you.

We’ll see.

So it’s not about them being pliable flunkies, it’s just about them being pliable flunkies. Gotcha. Gotta say, Aldrith, you’re really putting Vektor in a great light here. ‘Sure, he’s willing to align himself with people who serve our enemies and occupy our space, but that’s only because he hates people who serve our enemies and occupy our space.’

Not that that surprises me in him, but… what’s it say about the people who willingly pledge to follow a hypocrite like that?

1 Like

This is hardly a new thing, you know.

Aldieboo has never really cared about who anyone flies with, merely who they fly against. He will gladly embrace Sansha, Blooders and now Kybers and whoever else is willing to aim at whoever he has deemed a target. This has been the case for as long as I’ve known the man, and the excuses have always been so thin that everyone involved acknowledges their translucency unless it’s convenient to pretend they’re not.

There are many qualities to the Newelles, but only one of them seems to have the prerequisite spinal fortitude required to be somewhat honest about their choices in such regards.

3 Likes

I do have to say I’m amused this thread is still going around in empty circles. I’m still quite pleased with my little essay on Duty, so cannot complain if one or two more people read it as a result of all this nonsense.

2 Likes

(Fiiine, I’ll take that to off-topic.)

Gaven, you almost sound Matari!