[Excubitoris Chapter] Faith and Loyalty in Troubled Times

That does tend to happen. Doesn’t mean people can’t continue to work in the spirit of his actions.

I am, actually. You should check out some of my other posts.

If we’re going down that lane, of course, I have to point out that you’re the ones still holding our kin in captivity, and you’d talk about Reclaiming heathens, yadda yadda yadda, Day of Darkness, you lose that argument.

I’m not in the mood to rehash it. I have much better things to do.

2 Likes

Well, uh, it sort of does actually, in this case.

Maybe ask your Amarr friends to explain it, though - closer to their area of expertise than mine.

And yet it failed so spectacularly against the Matari.

3 Likes

My Amarr friends are still trying to walk his path. Keeping them on it is the only reason I’m still writing here.

And the Jove. Can’t forget them.

2 Likes

You do not do your Amarr friends any service by declaring that in this thread.

2 Likes

It pleases me beyond measure that the poison that courses through the dark heart of the Minmatar is at last manifest and visible to even those misguided by their natural tendency to love and fellowship among my brothers and sisters. What a blessing that the seductive lies of the Minmatar and the vile treachery of their Ammatar collaborators is at last understood for the toxic, corrosive brew that it has always been.

The Shakorite evil was long in the making and its activation by Ammatar agents fuelled by the poison of rebellion that flowed from the Minmatar serpents was shocking beyond measure. We know that Sanist, Ammatar sex-and-frentix-addled agents were instrumental in the death of one Emperor and almost brought down the Empire itself!

We of the Kingdom know this because we it was that tracked the blood-beast Karsoth to his Sanist lair and discovered the extent of his evil collaboration with the Sani Sabik Elder conspiracy! Sanists are everywhere in the Minmatar domains! They infect and corrupt and pervert their entire way of life.

We had brought the dark heart so close to the light! And yet it could not resist the drumming beat of the sanguinary rites! They cannot help themselves, it is true, but we must save them from themselves! We must purge the Minmatar of their blood-soaked Shakorite savagery! We must wipe out all trace of Ammatar treachery!

The reign of terror they have visited on Holy Amarr must end! No more can we tolerate the attacks with fire, disease and chemical horror! The monstrous use of weaponized Insorum and Deathglow by the terror harlots and blood drinkers must cease! And it can only cease if we attack at the source and cut out the roots of this evil terror!

I praise the One True Lord for his wisdom! Holy! Holy! Holy!

I glorify the One True Lord for his wrath! Holy! Holy! Holy!

I thank the One True Lord for the victory to come! Holy! Holy! Holy!

I have lived to see the True Servants of Amarr unite at last! It is beyond my wildest hopes!

I berate myself for doubting this day would come! I scourge myself for the weakness!

I go now to pray and do penance, that I may face the coming war of purity with a resolute heart!

I have the honor to be,

Alar

Duke Chakaid of Fabai,
Asbara Sardar of the Sipari Companions,
Paladin Deacon, Orders Militant of the Theology Council,
Plenipotentiary Representative of His Majesty Farokh Khanid III

3 Likes

You know, I’m pretty sure even warclones should see a doctor if that shite keeps up for more than four hours.

7 Likes

My first post this morning also did a massive disservice to myself.

With respect, you and many others might be misinterpreting what I’m really after here.

2 Likes

I wonder if Frentix has anything to do with it.
Some of these turns of phrase have a somewhat confessional tone to them, don’t you think?

3 Likes

I’ll not voice my suspicions, as they might upset and disgust some of my closest friends.

While I am pleased to see the Empire rising again, as the Minmatar threat is certainly a common menace, and respect the Amarr their faith as a source of strength- I have concerns. I sincerely hope that this renewed impetus for expansion does not become a wedge between the Empire and us of the independent Caldari State.

2 Likes

Go home Alar, you are drunk.

7 Likes

Again you substitute bitterness and resentment for reason, the accord reached by my people and yours never included the end of slavery or the reclaiming. Presenting their continued existence as a casus belli is as dangerous as it is ignorant; only children think peace is without cost.

For centuries both sides accepted their respective costs to be worth the peace they bought. It is increasingly clear however that supported by rhetoric such as yours, the Republic under Shakor is unwilling to abide by the terms his predecessors came to.

How can it possibly be surprising that after more than a decade of being the sole party adhering to those terms, that those whose place it is to guide the Empire no longer see the value in waiting for your people to come to their senses?

3 Likes

That was not a peace. What we had experienced was a period of ceasefire in a conflict that is centuries old, and if you think otherwise then I am afriad that only speaks to your naivety.

2 Likes

A ceasefire is not usually defined by one signatory repeatedly invading the other.

The Republic has never invaded the Amarr Empire.
The Elder fleet was an non-sanctioned, non governmental entity that existed outside the scope of the Republic.

I grant you that the Elder fleet’s efforts in amarr space was met with great celebration, but it was not the Republics doing, If you haven’t been paying attention, the very fact that they were an extra legal entitty is the cause of major debate and discord within Matari capsuleers.

1 Like

Your Republic should have disavowed and punished those involved instead of celebrating, if you didn’t want to bear responsibility for the act.

Let’s not lie here.

Both the Republic and the Empire have been involved in continued violations of territorial boundaries and the prosecution of unsanctioned raids on each other.

1 Like

Raids are not invasions. If I where pedantic enough I could also argue that the Elder fleet never invaded either and only conducted a large scale raid, the distinction in this case probably doesn’t have a difference.

1 Like

For the purposes of being violations of cease-fires, they count.

And this is all assuming that the Elder Fleet was actually unsanctioned… which is probably about as true as all of the claims that the raids on both sides are unsanctioned.

2 Likes