[Excubitoris Chapter] Faith and Loyalty in Troubled Times

Strictly, any incursion where one side penetrates the other’s territory is an ‘invasion’. Forcing yourself into someplace you’re not wanted is all that matters. It’s not how we normally think of the term in military usage, but it is accurate (eg: ‘home invasion’. It doesn’t mean someone’s actually trying to occupy your house with an armed force for an extended period of time with the intent of claiming territorial dominance).

As for the Elder Fleet… the Midular government almost certainly did not sanction an attack by a fleet they knew nothing about. Had it come after Shakor’s rise to power, I’d agree with you, Samira, but as it is… the Elder Fleet was clearly one of the tools the Shakorite conspiracy used to destablize the Parliamentary Republic.

3 Likes

Fair enough

Yet you are disingenuous with the false equivalency you make.

Okay.

5 Likes

It’s true. The severity and frequency of one party’s violations are far higher, which you failed to mention.

1 Like

Okay.

7 Likes

We may have provided the poison, but you drank from that well all on your own knowing it was there.

2 Likes

Don’t forget, they also provided the ingredients for us to make it.

2 Likes

This is entirely possible, but an idea can be dangerous even if it is wrong.

I appreciate these reaffirming words, Admiral.

In times of uncertainty, whether great or small, I believe it is imperative to return to the Word of God. Through the Scriptures, we cast His Light into the clouded corners of ourselves, and in due time, we understand who and where we are in relation to Creation, and to one another.

“God parted them and breathed life into his creation
Divided the parts and gave each its place
And unto each, bestowed purpose”

• The Scriptures, Book I 1:4

“But the people of Amarr lived righteously and in fear of God.
Thus they were saved and became God’s chosen.”

• The Scriptures, Book II 2:1

I know I have a purpose to serve the Chosen and defend God’s flock from the predations of the wicked. That purpose has not changed from the day I accepted it, immersed in the faith of His people, though the duty by which I fulfill that purpose has commuted according to His Will. The test of faith is everpresent.

“The Lord gave our Emperor the power to harness the Good and punish the Evil.
Ever since, the Emperor has lived the lives of his subjects and breathed the air of authority.”

• The Scriptures, Book I 1:14

With the Address to the Faithful, Her Most Sublime Majesty, Empress Catiz I, delineates the two swords of spiritual authority and temporal power, a union of the Empire God has ordained for His Chosen and the Heaven to which we must return His flock. Through the faith of the Empress, God presents us with a test for our time, to embrace the destiny of Holy Amarr at a moment of great peril.

“Casting his sight on his realm, the Lord witnessed
The cascade of evil, the torrents of war.
Burning with wrath, He stepped
down from the Heavens
To judge the unworthy,
To redeem the pure.”

• The Scriptures, Book II, Revelations 2:12

In the Pax e Kilizhi Do, I see my duty commuted once more. In truth, this Pax commands us all. I do not envy House Sarum in their task, for their test is formidable. Even the most wise and learned scholars of our age cannot agree on the true shape of the Reclaiming. Nevertheless, House Sarum must adjudicate in faith. Under no circumstances, and by no means, will I assist them in this task, for theirs is the burden and the glory.

As a subject to the Throne of the Empress and of His Royal Majesty King Farokh III, I obey Her command to quit the Mandate and return to the Marches to defend both Aridia and my home. Here, I will reach out to those who embrace the light of the Lord. Here, I will impugn those who unleash war upon His children. The peace of two swords.

1 Like

I make due obeisance to your blood, rank and honour Chapter Master.

Your words stir my soul. Duty is my entire being and I was bred for war. Though not a paladin, I have been recalled from less glorious but necessary duties by my Father Confessor to support our liege lord, His Grace, in his determination. I obey.

May St Venefice bless our endeavours!

1 Like

an add for a notorious KK tech support company appears It sounds like your Galnet has frozen! Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

If any of the Paladins of the Excubitoris Chapter are assisting House Sarum in their efforts to Reclaim the rebel systems in the warzone, I would dearly love to purchase a male Starkmanir slave of breeding age. Just something to keep an eye out for.

I have a female Starkmanir slave, and for the longest time have wanted to establish a breeding programme in order to ensure the survival of the tribe within the Holy Amarr Empire. God knows that the continued existence of Starkmanir in the wild is dubious. Yes, I know, they committed a great crime upon God and His Holy Empire, but I feel that through the bondage of holy servitude, they can be Reclaimed.

Naturally, I won’t limit my purchasing to only pilots of PIE; any legally obtained Starkmanir male will do.

You need not concern yourself. The Starkmanir Tribe, while small, is doing well within the Republic.

The Excubitoris Chapter will not be directly involved in any slave taking operations. Such is not within our mandate. Any Chapter operations will be in support of Sarum operations exclusively. That said, we will, of course, not restrict our Sarum sworn members from fulfilling their obligations.

But even if the Excubitoris chapter were directly getting involved in the reclamation operations, we certainly wouldn’t be procuring trophy slaves for anyone.

6 Likes

Chapter Master Gaven,

Let it be known in times of uncertainty that your fellow brothers stand with you. I stand with you in faith and in arms. Let us face any enemy come what may. They will find our faith will burn them with its intensity. In times of weakness and times of trouble we of CVA need only look at the faith of the Paladins of the Excubitoris Chapter to steel our resolve.

From the very birth of our people till time eternal we will guard the gates of civilization and order. To protect the Empire and serve our Empress has no time stamp. There is no due date. It is a pledge written upon our very souls. The oaths of service like our souls are eternal. As our vigilance is eternal. As our love for our God, Empress, and Empire is eternal. As our oaths of friendship to our brother Paladins are eternal.

There have been many times my faith have been tested. I have believed my faith strong and faultless. Then after experiencing great loss and sadness I realized god only tested me to expand my faith. During times of great sadness I may not know all the answers. Or when things will go a certain way. However, I have faith our struggle will eventually triumph. For ours is a destiny written by god that Holy Amarr will one day spread through out the Galaxy united together by our faith and arms.

Brother Chapter Master Gaven Lok’ri the Paladin Wardens of Providence stand united in our faith and our mission. We love our Empire. We love our Empress which has done so much for us. She has opened up a brighter future in which we can serve more!

Amarr Victor, Ave Tash-Murkon, Ave Margrave Equinox Daedalus

Paladin Warden Kyle Saltz

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.