Exploration Question

I’ve just begun the exploration training exercises. Much more difficult than the military ones. I’m supposed to use my Civilian Data Analyzer to hack a practice site. Right now I am less than 1 meter from it, when I click on my CDA all it does is flash. I can’t initiate a hack to get the Proof document that I need. Any advice or help would be appreciated immensely.

1 Like

You need to target the container that you want to hack, then activate the hacking module. Same as you need to target the ship you want to shoot, then activate the guns you want to shoot with.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like

I am sitting here, 969 meters away from what my probes identify as the CAG-118 Data Training Site. Last night I was 1 meter away. Both times there is nothing there! There is no container for me to target for hacking!

Help, anyone?

1 Like

Check if your overview allows “Large Collidable Objects”, normally something should appear and after locking it, you can hack it.

By the way, you should install a overview like the one from Eve-Uni, it will be much better for you :
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Overview

1 Like

For whatever reason, the coordinates given were simply a point in space. I had to search and scan to find the target.

Thank you for being helpful. You are one of two who offered help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.