Explorer Interceptor to avoid gatecampers

Im a new player and after making the tutorial and the carrier agent misssions ive decided to make explorations. I like to scan for relic/data sites and loot them after succesful hacking. It was all good until ive tried to go to low/nullsec regions where i’ve met the first “gatecampers”. I had the Heron was realy good for scanning/hacking, but i could never escape alive from bubles/warp blockers . Ive tried to use another paths, checking the map activity, but i jumped in bubles on the another side of the gates /which cant be avoided as far as i know/ where the map said there wasnt ship destroyed in the past 1 hour. Someone said some Interceptors have bonus to be immun bubbles/warp interuptors and able to fit insta-warps. So my thinking is fit an interceptor only for pve scanning/hacking with the skills to survive gatecamps. I just need some help how to fit one for this purpose. And after that i konw what should i train in the future.
Thanks for your help

While it is true that some of the Interceptors are immune to bubble-effects, they are however not immune to targeted warp disruption/scramble or smart-bombing BS camps. Best way to stay alive in an Interceptor, doing exploration, is by knowing your route and avoid known system(s) that are commonly gate camped by previously mentioned type of BSs.

1 Like

Im not hold on to interceptors. I just need a ship/fit to search and hack data/relic sites with the ability to escape gatecamps. Currently this is what holds me back from what i’d like to make in the game at the moment. And as i said ive used different ways far away from eachother and i was killed after landing by a gate in regions which wasnt flagged at all. /destroyed ships in the past 1 hour/

You won’t be able to avoid ALL gank attempts.

stiletto
[Stiletto, null explo]

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Relic Analyzer II
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Scan Rangefinding Array II

Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Improved Cloaking Device II
[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]
Small Emission Scope Sharpener II
Ares, *Simulated Ares

Damage Control II
Type-D Restrained Nanofiber Structure
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Cargo Scanner II
Zeugma Integrated Analyzer

Improved Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Small Transverse Bulkhead II
Small Transverse Bulkhead II

Something along the lines of this fit may suit your needs; I warn you though, it’s quite expensive… well one of the modules are, the “Zeugma Integrated Analyzer” is around 210m alone but does function both as a Data and Relic analyzer.

Are there anything apart from Interceptors which could escape with high chance. I mean more tanky or somethig which allows to get back into the gate before dying?

if you want bubble immunity the only other option is a nullified T3C.

just get yourself a T2 exploration, with cloak and mwd it can easily burn back.

hmm. i do like astero myself. i’ve escaped few gatecamp attempts with it aswell

you can do explo with an instawarp travel ceptor BUT you will need very good scanning/hacking skills to compensate for the loss of bonuses you had with explo ships. If you are a new player and are only able to fly a t1 explo frig, i would advise to wait some time before trying to explo with a ceptor. why don’t you try to hack pirate relic/data sites in c1-c3 wormholes? rather than going to null sec

Wait a sec, i have to google what is c1-c1 wormhole, I was already in wormhole i just dont know this abbreviation…

wormholes classes… c1= the easiest => c6 the most dangerous

Found it out, now trying to find out what is different from the outside hacking.

i convo you in game and will explain to you

Any site that has one of the pirate factions in it’s name. They only spawn in C1-3. Other than this, there is no difference!
If you go into the other ones they’ll be guarded by sleepers

Thanks guys for the help.

C1 up to C3 wh can spawn any nullsec relic/data site.
So if you want non-combat sites, you need either gas, or C1-C3 faction relic/data sites (eg blood , angel, etc. )

if you want to do wh you need to learn those images by heart
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Visual_wormhole_identification

Plus of course, if it’s green it’s gallente, yellow amarr, red matar, blue caldari.

no need to learn the visual. Just click on show info when you are close to the wh. if it says “leads to an unknow system” it will be a c1/2/3, “dangerous unknown = c4/c5”, “deadly unknown” = c6

learning the visual is just faster.

Once you did it once it helps much. eg if the present wh is a C1-static and you find a C2, then you know you can look for another wh.

Another question a Gnosis would be strong enough to kill rats around unsecured data sites? Found 3 of them in a wh, but i couldnt touch them with my Heron. It has scanning bonus, can fit nice weapons, maybe it could be good too.