[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 15/04/2020

Yeah, the declining number of players demonstrates the ‘health’.

6 Likes

“CCP killing the game one patch at a time, we all have limits, at this rate I am 3 patches away from calling it a day, there are other games.”

Already there for me. Got 4 accounts with no renewal and just playing out the Stay At Home.

7 Likes

I have 8 I am probably going to do the same with. But part of it is dependant on whether or not they compensate me for a support ticket it took two months to fully address.

3 Likes

This doesn’t look good for pve, specially not solo pve, and even worse for new players who rely on t1 meta and skills on levels 2-3 if at all trained yet, but i’m not sure ccp know that such players still exist.

The devs sit there with some 500-600 mil sp and create “we want you to lose your ships”-content for the players who been in the game 15+ years, while completely ignoring how it affects everyone else, and continuously making highsec uninhabitable with roaming triglavians, gurista fob rats, incursions and such crap which doesn’t belong there.

It’s one way to ruin the game, keeping new and casual players out while the older ones get bored and leave for that reason. Quite an effective way to kill a game.

7 Likes
1 Like

Are we getting loot boxes in this patch? Oops I mean “surprise mechanics”. I’m convinced Bethesda is actually running this dumpster fire.

5 Likes

I’m not entirely sure “hey we just hit 40,000 players online because everyone is stuck at home, we have the attention of everyone now” is a good time to hit your player base with one of the biggest sets of nerfs in the history of your 17 year old game. I understand it is needed because previous patches had turned null in to disney world, but it’s a pretty bad look and if your marketing team somehow spins this positively you’ll owe them a miracle workers bonus.

The one thing that could potentially work in your favor is whatever future content presentations you make during the remote-fanfest you guys do in a few weeks. Please do not f*** it up.

10 Likes

Yeah I gota say I’m in an alliance with a lot of old players and there’s quite a few walking out right now cos of all this :frowning:

6 Likes

is done??

CCP dropping resists by 20% is not going make much differnce to me, i’ll still be able to pull everything in the room, oh thanks for the res increase i’m sure it will help somehow :rofl:

1 Like

Read through the initial release notes and the follow-up notes.
This is a good patch for the game health. It may effect some folks min/max play style but, they will learn to adapt.

3 Likes

AS a relatively new player I am concerned about such things that make it harder. I have only just made it to tier II and a long way off getting battle cruisers and the like. I know I am liable to get killed at some point, but at what point do I say enough is enough.

5 Likes

This 20% drop is just stupid.

6 Likes

I dont think the veterans are any more happy about this patch than newbie players. At least I am not - I am more concern about the whole sandbox nature of the game, it is something I think is slowly dissapearing. I loved EVE in a form of believable world without weekend events and suprise boxes, etc.

9 Likes

Write down all your resist totals for your warships by simulating fit. Then check it tomorrow, and begin the grieving process. Armor plate and Shield Extenders will skyrocket in demand/price, and all those fancy faction resist mods will be nice collectables you can keep your hangar.

This blanket nerf negates core developer concepts that have existed since the founding of the game. Null sec could have been singled out by the same type of mechanics used in Incursions/Triglavian invasions, thus achieving the carnage the nuevo devs desire. The inclusion of all sectors of space just illustrates the ham-handed butchery of change for changes’ sake.

11 Likes

tragic

1 Like

errr ccp puts a patch in and you dotn expect bugs…
hope this does not kill the barely functional local chat again…

1 Like

Ah yes, another “This patch will kill Eve.” Just like the last patch, and the one before that, and the one before that…

5 Likes

Yhanks CCP for the patch. I am confident that you know what you are doing. Keep it on

2 Likes

The fact that they still have to nerf core mechanics 15 years later proves their inability to properly understand what balance is.

4 Likes