Faction destroyers

oh no I never knew the catalyst is this scary

Destroyers tend to be a good target to kill first

With overheating, implants and high skills 700+ is achievable; you have to be licking the other pilot’s pod to apply it though.

An alpha player would probably top out somewhere around 500 dps due to skill limitations.

I was using heat on my simulated fitting. Polarized would be more like 900dps but sneezing at it would mean KABOOM.

Smart bombs

I’ll leave this here.

What about the SOE battlecruiser and the SOE Titan ?

It’s normal for non empire factions not to have a full compliment of ships

wait then why do some pirates have titans?

edit: I am pretty sure SOE should be richer than pirates.

Hmmm well Id say because they dont need them?

And they do a lot of charity work.

1 Like

I don’t know but not all pirate or non empire factions have the same ship types but the 4 empire factions do.

The point being there tends to be a uniformity to the ship teirs

Do they though ?

Dont they, but?

I bet more folk did their missions than do Blood Raider missions.

That Isk comes from somewhere.

Maybe but they are lucky to have ships at all, they are practically vagrants where are the Thukkin Thukker destroyers ?

didn’t the SOE explored with Jove tech and made the alpha clones? CCP made a scope video about how the empires are happy and thanked them.

Yeah probably somewhere they all sat round and congratulated each other.

Well the thing is, is that by acknowledging the ship is a bit more focused on damage, you can make it a little bit “tankier” and “faster” than conventional destroyers while keeping the damage relatively the same.

The catch for this prospective faction would be that they get a destroyer instead of a frigate, and an attack battlecruiser instead of a cruiser… and their battleship would be tweaked to be very high damage but not super tanky.

It allows you to say have a faction of things that are “fast, and hard hitting” and they can be “tanky” for what they are, but they end up not actually being as tanky as certain other classes of ship.

Thats like saying you dont have to fit guns to Vindicator or Hecate! :smile:

It is obvious peeps will choose to FIT guns because they deal a LOT of damage. To capitalize on the advantages they will also fit damage modules.

Uh… no. You design them so that their damage is “in line” with other destroyers roughly, maybe they have fewer guns, maybe they have something like the attack battlecruisers large turret, but even for being “faction” destroyers… they’re still destroyers.

Maybe they can punch in all directions while being a little bit more tanky or faster, but they still get dunked on by bigger ships, or ships that aren’t so oriented towards “shoot em with everything”.

well why not just add them and fix the problem later?

Bless your innocent, naive soul Rando.

2 Likes